rFactor 2 and SimuCUBE

do you decrease torque per-vehicle mult inside the game ? if not the forces i think are too high , that’s why you feel no texture. Just to make sure , change it inside your json to make it global like this:

“Steering torque per-vehicle mult”:0.45,

it doesn’t mean that this is perfect as it is a number that you have to change per car but it is better than leaving at 1.

also change these:
“Steering torque zero-speed mult”:0.1,
“Off-road multiplier”:0.1,
“Jolt magnitude”:0,
“Steering torque filter”:0,

Now either use morOSWer’s settings for simucube tool , or try reducing power to 10Amps for starters and set those other filters to 0 and start over increasing them if you need them (i think 1.5% is a tad too high for damping and you don’t need it.)

also try with a track that is not flat and will let you know if your settings are going to the right direction. Maybe Lester Special Edition

Do you mean the car-specific ffb multiplier? Yes I have that around 0.3-0.4 at the moment. The overall FFB Isn’t partiularly high from what I can feel.

I’ll try the other settings now too.

“Steering resistance type”:1, is my preference , you should try it at 0 and see , it may fit the small mige better. Also don’t forget to try with more recon filter.

and don’t forget to load the profile inside the game , otherwise you won’t feel any difference.

Hello
Spring is it actfis with a black chip or a transparent chip ?

how to activate spring in directinput ?

thanks

"Steering resistance coefficient#":"Coefficient to use for steering resistance.  Range: -1.0 to 1.0",
"Steering resistance saturation":0.1,
"Steering resistance saturation#":"Saturation value to use for steering resistance.  Range: 0 - 1.0",
"Steering resistance type":0,
"Steering resistance type#":"0=use damping, 1=use friction",
"Steering spring coefficient":0,
"Steering spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)",
"Steering spring saturation":0,
"Steering spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)",

most likely Herve45 if you change the Steering spring coefficient and Steering spring saturation above 0 , di spring may activate but i haven’t tested it . So not sure , you have to try it.

ALRIGHT! this is now starting to get some good feelings thanks a lot mate - I’ll fiddle a bit from here now - BTW when you said I’ll have ot load the profile in-game - I presume it’s okay if the correct profile is already selected? I dont’ have to go in and re-select it after I make a change to the json right?

thanks
yes i did that but i have a transparent chip. she is not black
“Steering spring coefficient”:1,
“Steering spring saturation”:1,

according to my understanding
the effect is therefore only managed statically when stopped and not while driving

I can’t say for sure , because when i make changes to my profile , i always load it to make sure . But in order not to have to always bind my steering wheel , handbrake etc , i load my profile , i bind all my devices and then i save the profile inside the game.

I think 1 is bit too high , maybe try “Steering spring coefficient”:0, or 0.1 and “Steering spring saturation”:0.1, . Ofc you can make a lot of combinations in those 2 values , it is a bit difficult to say what combo will be good for you.

I don’t think it is only being used when parked. But i am sure that with the values you have now at 1 if you up a bit the di spring you will definetely understand if it is being used while driving , but be careful not to use too much at first.

1 Like

Is anyone having issues with calibrating in the new UI? I’m failing to get soft lock and 1:1 ratio on any car. Tried deleting profile and starting again, but haven’t been able to correct it. Might roll back to the old UI and try there if any difference.

EDIT: never mind. something corrupted/changed my controller.json and I had to correct it back to 900 degrees and auto detect software setting.

Shouldn’t it still be at 1440°?

Yes, 1440 provides best soft-lock / steer-lock results (Automatic rotation).

Hello guys,
i want to help a friend setting up his SC for rFactor.

Is there a Controller.json similar to the SC2 one available?

@Revan , sc1 already has a json from studio 397 that is decent. What is it that he would like to improve ? What version of simucube tool is he using , i am asking because i think if it is old enough , the automatic steering rotation match may not be working causing him problems . Also what are his settings in the tool ?

There is no SC json in his userdata. Don’t know about the SC Tool yet, we stopped at the json

@Revan , ask your friend to delete , or even better cut and paste the folder with all the wheel profiles somewhere else , and then do a steam integrity check for rfactor2 . That should create the folder again with the simucube osw json inside.

Another way , in case someone else needs that , is to take for example the json for the simucube 2 sport from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/vv68vz8g7gq7lyk/Simucube2_rfactor2_json_files_rev3.zip?dl=0

and then edit in that file this line to become:

“Device Name 1”:“SimuCUBE=#16d00d5a”,

and give the file another name

If all these fail just tell me and i ll upload it for you , although Revan it is quite possible that you also have it inside the controllers folder

1 Like

I want reduce the forces on the wheel when the car (911 Cup) go over bumps.
Not that a like less realistic feeling but only that I have a sort of injury in my right arm.

Can I adjust something in the json thatt the bumps feels less heavy?

It might be that the steering torque capability setting is the useful setting. It also seems to affect many other things in the rFactor2 physics model, and therefore it is worth a try.

Is that the % setting in the Simucube screen or a line in the json? I have already the power on 50% and in game at .40.
In corners it is perfect especially with the new firmware(!) Only the bouncing of car is tooe heavy for me.

It is in the .json file.