rFactor 2 and SimuCUBE

All things related to RFactor 2 and SimuCUBE.

4 Likes

R Factor 2 included?

Edited. Title to RFactor 2. .l

Ok can we start with how we can introduce our simucube to the game? :slight_smile:

I use this controller file with my Simucube normally at about .45 to .55 in game multis URD C7r :slight_smile:
“Force Feedback”:{
“Brake effects on steer axis”:0,
“Brake effects on steer axis#”:“0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.”,
“Brake effects strength”:10000,
“Brake effects strength#”:"-10000 to +10000, applies to all brake effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
“Brake spring coefficient”:0.6,
“Brake spring coefficient#”:“Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)”,
“Brake spring saturation”:0.8,
“Brake spring saturation#”:“Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)”,
“Clutch effects on steer axis”:0,
“Clutch effects on steer axis#”:“0 = Clutch effects on clutch axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.”,
“Clutch effects strength”:10000,
“Clutch effects strength#”:"-10000 to +10000, applies to all clutch effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
“Clutch spring coefficient”:0.2,
“Clutch spring coefficient#”:“Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)”,
“Clutch spring saturation”:1,
“Clutch spring saturation#”:“Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)”,
“G920_workaround”:true,
“G920_workaround#”:“Workaround for Logitech G920 firmware bugs … may need to turn this off after firmware update if it gets fixed.”,
“Gearbox effects on steer axis”:0,
“Gearbox effects on steer axis#”:“0 = Gearbox effects on gearbox ‘axis’, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.”,
“Gearbox effects strength”:10000,
“Gearbox effects strength#”:"-10000 to +10000, applies to all gearbox effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
“Gearbox spring coefficient”:0,
“Gearbox spring coefficient#”:“Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)”,
“Gearbox spring saturation”:1,
“Gearbox spring saturation#”:“Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)”,
“Ignore controllers”:0,
“Ignore controllers#”:“Do not use FFB on: 1=controller1, 2=controller2, 4=controller3, 8=controller4, 16=controller5, 32=controller6 (or add values to ignore multiple controllers, for example 63 ignores all)”,
“Jolt magnitude”:-1,
“Jolt magnitude#”:“How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.”,
“Off-road multiplier”:0.3,
“Off-road multiplier#”:“Temporary test variable to reduce force feedback strength off-road (0.0 = zero FFB, 1.0 = full FFB)”,
“Other spring coefficient”:0.2,
“Other spring coefficient#”:“Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers”,
“Other spring saturation”:0.05,
“Other spring saturation#”:“Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers”,
“Rumble strip magnitude”:0.1,
“Rumble strip magnitude#”:“How strong the canned rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.”,
“Rumble strip pull factor”:-0.6,
“Rumble strip pull factor#”:“How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.”,
“Rumble strip update thresh”:0.03,
“Rumble strip update thresh#”:“Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)”,
“Rumble strip wave type”:0,
“Rumble strip wave type#”:“Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.”,
“Steering effects strength”:-10000,
“Steering effects strength#”:"-10000 to +10000, applies to all steering effects (torque, resistance, static spring, jolt, etc.)",
“Steering resistance coefficient”:0.2,
“Steering resistance coefficient#”:“Coefficient to use for steering resistance. Range: -1.0 to 1.0”,
“Steering resistance saturation”:0.3,
“Steering resistance saturation#”:“Saturation value to use for steering resistance. Range: 0 - 1.0”,
“Steering resistance type”:0,
“Steering resistance type#”:“0=use damping, 1=use friction”,
“Steering spring coefficient”:0.4,
“Steering spring coefficient#”:“Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)”,
“Steering spring saturation”:0.005,
“Steering spring saturation#”:“Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)”,
“Steering torque capability”:20,
“Steering torque capability#”:“The maximum torque capability of the wheel (in Nm, obviously)”,
“Steering torque extrap blend”:0,
“Steering torque extrap blend#”:“Higher blends of extrapolated value allows driver to feel torque changes even when actual torque exceeds ‘input max’ (0.0=disables, 1.0=max)”,
“Steering torque extrap time”:0.015,
“Steering torque extrap time#”:“Time in seconds to extrapolate steering torque based on current change (Range: 0.001 to 0.050. To disable, set ‘blend’ to 0.0)”,
“Steering torque filter”:5,
“Steering torque filter#”:“Number of old samples to use to filter torque from vehicle’s steering column (0-32, note that higher values increase effective latency)”,
“Steering torque minimum”:0.005,
“Steering torque minimum#”:“Minimum torque to apply in either direction to overcome steering wheel’s ‘FFB deadzone’ caused by friction”,
“Steering torque per-vehicle mult”:0.5,
“Steering torque per-vehicle mult#”:“Per-vehicle steering column torque multiplier (this is a copy of the .CCH value)”,
“Steering torque sensitivity”:1,
“Steering torque sensitivity#”:“Sensitivity curve applied to representable torques: 0.0=low 1.0=linear 2.0=high”,
“Steering torque zero-speed mult”:0.3,
“Steering torque zero-speed mult#”:“Multiplier at zero speed to reduce unwanted oscillation from strong static aligning torque”,
“Test_workaround”:true,
“Test_workaround#”:“Workaround for apparent driver CTD on release”,
“Throttle effects on steer axis”:0,
“Throttle effects on steer axis#”:“0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.”,
“Throttle effects strength”:10000,
“Throttle effects strength#”:"-10000 to +10000, applies to all throttle effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
“Throttle spring coefficient”:0.8,
“Throttle spring coefficient#”:“Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)”,
“Throttle spring saturation”:1,
“Throttle spring saturation#”:“Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)”,
“Type”:1,
“Type#”:“Type of force feedback: 0=off 1=wheel 2=joystick 3=rumble/gamepad 4=custom”,
“Use thread”:true,
“Use thread#”:“Use a separate thread to issue FFB commands which may block with some drivers”
},

Thanx a lot. So are we going to copy paste it somewhere?
How does it work?

You want the file found at
:\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Controller.json

You do not have to replace the whole file. The important section to change is:

“Steering effects strength”:10000,
“Steering effects strength#”:"-10000 to +10000, applies to all steering effects (torque, resistance, static spring, jolt, etc.)",

By default it is 10000 and you need it to be -10000 for the wheel to work properly.

So it should look like this:

“Steering effects strength”:-10000,

1 Like

Yep just replace the ffb bit from “Force Feedback”:{ in Controller.json
i used all of it I found it on a OSW thread on S397 forum felt allot better feel running curbs catching slides using all the FFB part. just make a copy of Controller.json first so u can go back if u want :slight_smile:
i just copied to desktop first :grinning:

1 Like

Unfortunately, it is not enough to change that, because there are many other settings that affect and not least the FFB. There are many profiles on RF2 and I’ve tried it a lot, starting from the Accuforce that seemed closer to our steering wheel, but in the end I preferred that of the T500.

will try the T500 one again. think i have already set main things in the file like setting “Steering torque capability”:20, for 20nm so will try it tonight :slight_smile:
Just liked the feel with all the FFB settings listed above thought that part of file only dealt with FFB and feel
:grinning:

Naturally, the profiles are used as a base, but then change the torque to 20nm, and the Steering effects strength at -10000. What I meant was that evidence should be made. I did not see the other profiles after the update but kept what I had before and leaving the T500

1 Like

I went from T500 to OSW too you could try Jed’s file i’m going to try it again not tried it since i got wheel and used current one :slight_smile:
He supplied my OSW kit top guy very helpful :slight_smile: MX170 on here :slight_smile:
SinCos Encoder Upgrade will be my next upgrade :slight_smile:
http://www.simtechracing.co.uk/downloads

2 Likes

I’ll definitely try it in the weekend

1 Like

simon but do you encoder buy it there? sebra has a great price

Got to save for a bit broke the bank getting OSW kit new wheel an HE Pro pedal set :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ill keep this here. 165 including uk delivery (Xmas present)

http://www.simtechracing.co.uk/products/osw-simforce-steering-system?id=730818

You can’t go wrong with Jed i would not buy of anyone else :slight_smile:
going to be fun Xmas RF2 new ui and GT3 pack P cars 2 running very good now happy days :slight_smile:
First UK supplier i’ve seen love the quality of my servo box too so well made :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hope they do a pre order Id imagine they will sell out very quickly .

I am sure if you ring him he will gladly put one buy for you :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey Simon,

Do you know the brand of these encoders?