rFactor 2 and SimuCUBE

Where can i find the Studio-387 profile you mention?

Cheers

Its in the game with the rest of the wheel profiles. There is a osw profile now.

1 Like

it could well be placebo lol but all i know is i seem to have a better road feel and it dosnt feel quite as voilent on the curbs. I even tried it with the mod we use for our f1 series and i could swear something feels better.If it is the placebo affect though ill take it :slight_smile:

After the recent update and re-configuring my wheel to use the OSW_Simucube profile, I feel that the FFB intensity is a fair bit less than it was before when using the same SimuCube (See below) and in-game settings. (FFB at 0.55 and smoothing at 12) I also donā€™t ā€˜feelā€™ the road or receive feedback from it in the same way as before. Increasing the in game FFB helps but Iā€™m still lacking feedback from the track surface. (Have adjusted smoothing up and down but without much joy)

Iā€™ve set up the steering range to 1440 in SimuCube and amended the controller and player .json files as required and the 1:1 wheel rotation is working spot on so Iā€™m happy with that. (VR user) Iā€™ve also set ā€œSteering torque capabilityā€:20 to reflect my small MiGE.

Before I start tinkering with SimuCube has anyone else found that theyā€™ve needed to make changes when using the new OSW_Simucube profile and if so, could you share please.:grinning:

Many thanks!

If you compare your new OSW_Simucube profile with the one you were using previously you will see that some settings are different. If you change those to what you had before, you may get your old feeling back.

Many thanks for the quick reply.

Are you talking about in-game settings? I think the only change I noted was the Smoothing was reduced but FFB stayed as it was before. Are there any other settings that Iā€™m missing as Iā€™ve always thought the in-game options for FFB are very limited, which is fine by me! :grinning:

If you are talking about the SimuCube profile then the screenshot above is the one I was using before.

I did have a play around last night and found that increasing the FFB multiplier to 0.65 and adding some DirectInput Effects to SimuCube, (a little Damping & Spring) improved things very nicely so thatā€™s encouraging.

Neither. Iā€™m talking about the JSON file called OSW_Simucube found in the UserData\Controller folder that you say in your post you are now using. The one that you changed ā€œSteering torque capabilityā€ to 20 from 18.

If you find that file and open it and then find in the UserData\Controller folder the JSON file you were using before and compare them, you will probably find some settings are different, which might explain the different FFB feel you are getting. For example, in my case the rumble strips are now less extreme, which I prefer.

FFB smoothing 12 ??? Thats for G27-29 not for OSW
FFB smoothin 0 !
I asume that you are meaning in game setting FFB smoothing
What me is told that the sinus is to abrubt and smoothing out to prevent
that G27 wheels make so much noise
But you are taking the details away from FFB thats not for DD wheels!

1 Like

Good shout and thank you!

Iā€™ve just compared both and yes there are a number of changes.

However Iā€™m gonna stick with the new OSW_SimuCube profile as it is because after making a few changes in SimuCube, increasing the FFB in-game and dialling down the Smoothing (thanks @Shorty), Iā€™m now getting great feedback and am starting to prefer it. :grinning:

I appreciate the help. :+1:

Are people still experiencing the loss of FFB with the latest changes?

Still works for me, though I havenā€™t tried it since early last week.

I get that sometimes now, yes. Itā€™s not been a massive issue as I have a button mapped to reset the FFB, but it does happen occasionally now whereas it didnā€™t before.

Is there a track / car combination that makes this happen more often than others?

I raced rfactor2 in offline for an hour, didnā€™t loose ffb even once. Sadly, this issue is not repeatable for me :frowning:

No such issues here either. I play rF2 quite often, with and without VR.

No Issues here, Simcube Small Mige
Remember even with the Thrustmaster T300 the Forcefeedback has problems in the past

Not a single problem on rF2 or any other simulator, all problems end when i plug the VR headset in a separate 3.0 pci USB card and the simucube in one onboard 2.0 one.

Thanks!!

@Gonzas: Yep, this is how I usually advise people to do it, but somehow many choose not to.

But an easy solution anyway.

Cheers,
Beano

1 Like

I havenā€™t noticed a particular pattern as itā€™s quite infrequent, but it happened yesterday when exiting the pits using a combo of Williams FW14 and the Spa '88 track (what an incredible combo btw :sweat_smile: )

Iā€™ve just seen the comments above about VR headsets, so Iā€™ll try swapping connections around.
Iā€™d also been having a bunch of problems with stuttering in rf2 which tbh was far more frustrating, so Iā€™d been trying everything I could to fix that. I ended up moving the 2 oculus sensors from one of the PCI-E to USB3 boards, back into the motherboardā€™s USB3 sockets, alongside Simucube and the Leo Bodnar G25 shifter converter thingy. Iā€™ll now try shifting Simucube across to USB2 instead. The Oculus headset btw is already plugged into a PCI-E USB3 board. Mobo is the Asus Maximus X Hero.

Iā€™ll report back if I still experience any further FFB dropouts. Let me know in the meantime if you want any more info / system specs etc

Do you use it for racing only ?If so you donā€™t need two sensors. I have that mobo and havenā€™t had any issues with vr or ffb since getting a good usb expansion card. Pretty sure it was one of the ones recommended on here.