rFactor 2 and Simucube 2

I’m going to make a little video of how I set up the rf2 files. It’s not that difficult, you just lack the knowledge. :wink:

By the way … best force feedback you can get! The physics engine is a bit broken. The tire model in particular raises questions and is, in my opinion, responsible for some problems. But the engine is still ahead, if you ask me, the physic-Engine is way ahead of other games. At least I formed this opinion after analyzing 2000-3000 hours rFactor2 in Motec.
The FFB of the McLaren 720s GT3 is just wow and the GTE vehicles rock too … the Mercedes AMG GT3 has problems with its signal (I think something was wrong between 10-30Hz, I don’t know exactly), but I am on it and about to “solve” it. Then try the Brabham BT44, the best tires in the game !!! I love that thing, you have to really work with your hands and feet.

so…
Keep calm, we will solve your problem!! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

This is a place where people openly share settings to help others out. I find this very odd. I have no problem openly sharing my settings because what would I lose by helping someone or what would I achieve by not helping them?

1 Like

You would lose the chance of making someone’s day better. :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m sorry, i can’t share Simucube settings because they still under my development and testing and can be changed. You can share your settings here too. Also Granite team must create full guide how to operate with filters. I have no idea why they still don’t do this. But anyway, the FFB in RF2 even default is awesome!

1 Like

Paddock #1 enthusiast

3 Likes

Wow that is the first time over all of these years I have seen someone say they wouldn’t share their settings!

Very sad times. :frowning:

3 Likes

That is so childish, I don’t even know where to start :roll_eyes:
I’ve been testing around with the settings the last few days, so with the current TD software/firmware and rf2 version this works pretty nice.
If you want the full forces in TD, then you have to tune down the force multiplier in-game.
Settings are for Simucube 2 Pro.
Regarding being the best FFB ever, I would not completely agree. Yes, there are cars that feel absolutely fantastic to drive. BUT: The dominant effects under braking and SOP effects are artificial and not configurable which (to me) is the biggest disadvantage of rF2. And I have driven F4 IRL so I know what you feel and what not. I also know 2 GT3 drivers personally, they say the same about the GT-cars. This accentuated SOP and braking effect you do not have at all in the real car (on the wheel!). I still would say I want to have an option in a Sim to add these effects though, as I don’t have the forces on my body (or only a small part of it when using the motion platform). So: I do not like the radical approach of iRacing to add NOTHING and stick to the physics engine solely, but I also do not like the non-configurable artificial/physical mix approach as in rF2. Can’t be that hard to let the user decide if he/she wants these additional effects or not.

6 Likes

Just a few points about sharing:

It is perfectly understandable that some pro teams and such do not share anything, including their device setups. When real money is at stake, that makes sense. We have considered adding some “share to group” feature to the Paddock, but that is not yet decided and we think we should focus on other things for a while :wink:

2 Likes

Looks like Paddock app will be a powerfull tool for Pro teams

1 Like

A little toturial…

6 Likes

“I don’t know where to start”,

(shares his complete profile openly, with screenshots…)

@Marcel_B I just wanted to say thanks for being awesome, Guys like you are what make this forum worth visiting!

1 Like

Similar to what I said to Marcel_B about sharing his settings:

@Purple_Red Thanks for being awesome, I appreciate that you took the time to do that video and will watch it so you’ve just helped more than one person with your efforts! Thank you!

2 Likes

that is simply not true, all ffb parameters are editable on the .json file, same as all isi motor games. learn what each parameter does, read a guide online or something, as i did for tuning ams1 and gtr2. being able to adapt .json files to go reach a good ffb is the beauty of pc simracing, at least for me.

It shouldn’t be necessary though. If Fe I should do that… I’m not a software editor and honestly don’t want to do it or being forced to do to get a game playable

It shouldn’t be necessary though. If Fe I should do that… I’m not a software editor and honestly don’t want to do it or being forced to do to get a game playable

you should tell that to the game devs, not me.
besides, rF2 came out in 2013 and very little has changed since then, a period when dd wheels weren’t even a thing yet.
what you drive are basically numbers in txt or spreadsheet, that’s also how cars physics is made. learning how to edit .json or .ini files imo is very important to enjoy simracing on pc at its fullest.
I guess ams1 and games alike aren’t for you if you don’t want to put your hands on game files, but the same can be said for almost any sim out there.

I haven’t heard of anyone yet editing files of a game. On top your claim it would be a necessity is something I heavily doupt. Didn’t check this community but would bet that there is no topic/division (or whatever it is called, sorry but English is not my first language) about. I saw some older postings related to this. Believe it is obsolete by now ( assumption). What you say would mean that either Simucube ain’t capable of delivering a suitable software to their hardware or/and almost every game is a piece of unfinished crap by default. My experience is different from that. These titles you refer I’m not familiar with and they are might a bit older or the number of people playing them is not very high. I have in total 16 games from which are not supported nfs heat (never liked), WRC7, GRID (at least one). AC,ACC, WRC9/10, F1 18to20, R2f, NASCAR, dirt titles Aso are all very good to drive plus ready to drive. At least for R2.

R2f is the title I struggle. The only one. And I agree that your knowledge is a great advantage. All I say is it is not necessary

look around the forum, you’ll see thousands of posts of people discussing about text file editing. you must be pretty new to dd or simracing in general.

Text edit’s in rF2’s controller file are indeed, more common than realized. I wonder how many have done so as guided by various forum posts but, didn’t share. To some extent, improvements to the rF2 controller preset’s have reduced the need. In some cases, not having a proper balance of Friction / Damping / Force strength, may contribute to the quest to solve abrupt bump response in the wheel.

1 Like