rFactor 2 and Simucube 2

I’m just about ready to bin this game! Of all the games I’ve set up since buying an SC2 Pro this has got to be the most infuriating game yet. I’m using JamieG’s profile from the paddock but I just can’t seem to get the game to behave correctly.

I’ve calibrated, checked the wheel rotation matches the profile, unticked allow the car to set the wheel rotation, clicked it again I just can’t get the in game wheel to turn 1:1 with my real wheel and that’s in between the game smashing the FFB up to 100% and scaring the bejesus out of me when I change something and go back into the game to test it.

Now I’ve got this weird thing happening where the wheel instantly moves around 60 degree’s left or right when starting a race (currently testing the USF2000) and then the wheel is way off centre like holding it at 90 degree’s to go straight. I’ve looked at video’s and setup guides but most are out of date because of the UI update. Could someone please post a screenshot of their in game FFB setting please? Just about ready to give up

Hi Revvin… got the same problem a few month ago.

Visit your Simucube 2 Pro.JSON file in the controller folder.
steam>steamapps>rfactor2>userdata>controller>Simucube 2 pro.json

change here thease lines.
“Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation Default”:900, to
“Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation Default”:1440,
and
“Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver”:true, to
“Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver”:false,

change thease lines also in controller.json
steam>steamapps>rfactor2>userdata>player>Controller.json

Ingame check in “Range set by vehicle” is on and in the Difficulty section disable the “Steering help”. It should work fine now!
Maybe, i will release a stack of TrueDrive setup’s for rfactor2 this week…

4 Likes

Thanks! that’s done the trick. Finally got it set up in between the UI crashing, resetting my video settings for no apparent reason, unmapping my brake?!?! and then arbitrarily deciding if some settings would save and others not.

I really gave up on this title… it just DOES NOT WORK with Simucube 2. Wheel rotation is always wrong. I tried the JSON-Files, I tried the above by changing some JSON-file lines as described.

1 Like

its a broken sim racing title in many ways. Too many and difficult to understand configuration options. Surprisingly few are playing it on average. https://steamcharts.com/app/365960

1 Like

set 900° in td, set “software” rotation in the controls menù and tick the box of auto rotation. i don’t have any problem with rf2, and there is no need to edit anything into game files anymore.

2 Likes

It’s a bit of a shame, there are some good bits to rFactor 2, but the bad ones are really detrimental.

Okay, I reset all the Json-Files (delete, only add the one’s provided for download), adapt the lines again -> now it works. BUT: The canned over/understeer is super exaggerated, not sure if this is on any wheel or only on the Simucube2. I reduced the reconstruction filter to 3, static force reduction on 0. That made it a bit weaker, but still too much. I wonder why they do not offer to turn the canned effects off or provide a slider, how strong you want them (R3E does the same).

afaik there aren’t canned effects on rf2. are you sure you are using the simucube2 profile ingame? also what smoothing level are you using ingame? If you go lower than 4 the noise is too much. And what ffb multiplier?

1 Like

Ehm, yes there are… the one for SOP feel, that is not something you would have from the steering rack. Also the effect of heavy steer feel under braking. Smoothing in-game is 1 (can try to raise that). FFB multiplier differs from car to car -> I adjust it until I have +/- 10nm through a average turn.
The only one’s not using some sort of artificial effects are ACC and iRacing (in R3E you can turn them off entirely though -> everything on “'0” in the menu “Effects”).

Marcel, several of use have gotten it working I’m sure one of us could help if you wanted to jump on discord at some point.

My Experience mirrors @SuperMonaco_GP -I have truedrive set to 900 degrees
I Rfactor I have “Default max wheel angle” set to 900 degrees.
VERY IMPORTANT: also have :“Range set by Vehicle” checked, under that it shows a range that’s greyed out, which I believe is the current vehicle’s range.

I always test in vehicle by rotating my wheel 90 degees, then 180 and watching what the on screen wheel does.

I have never once touched any ini files for rfactor 2

[Edit] - Note, I started my reply before the two above, so this may seem out of context now…[/Edit]

1 Like

Oh Cool tip! Mine is set to 1 and my SC2 is pretty noisy in rfactor, I’m going to try 4 for my next drive!
Thank you @SuperMonaco_GP

1 Like

@Marcel_B
Would you mind sharing what Car and track you’re using?
I’d like to try this out tonight as well, just to know what you’re experiencing.

I wrote the solution 2 posts above yours!

Additionally to the solution, I completely had to wipe out the folder with the JSON files, then paste in the Simucube2 files again. Re-Assigning controls from scratch.
Regarding the wheel rotation settings: I put it on 1440 in TD and in-game. I guess as long as it is the same you should get the correct wheel rotation (assuming you set it on „software“ & „car-specific“ checked in-game).
I tested it with a Ferrari GTE car (397 version), a Tatuus F14 and the USF2000. Always on the new Zandvoort Track.
TD force was set to around 16nm -> that meant to set car specific multiplier around 80% for GTE, and around 95-100% for the formula cars (not sure if it is better to set TD to maximum and adjust car multiplier until it fits - maybe someone has experimented with this?). I recently did that in iRacing: TD force maxed and max wheelforce in-game reduced (felt pretty much the same to me, someone in a thread recommended that kind of setting).

To restart from scratch in rf2, delete the control.js file in game data and simply verify files through steam, no need to delete entire folders.

Dude, RF2 is decent. Just be patient and you find the solutions in all directions with this sim. I use Simucube 2 Pro with full 25Nm in true drive, all other settings is a secret and my own knowledge. Decent FFB, Decent tire physics, decent chassis simulation. And the main aspect - noone hold your pace. Compared to… this… - iRacing and Simucube 2

1 Like

that’s the spirit of this forum :+1:

4 Likes

what’s the point of posting in a place where everybody try their best to help others and discuss on how to make things better for all sc users, if everytime you post you feel the need to add “by the way my settings are a secret, can’t share with you”. I’m genuinely curious.

1 Like
  1. No problems in Simucube 2 device. 2. No problems in RF2 sim. The problem in patience to gain the result! That’s what i want to say here. The End.
1 Like