rFactor 2 and Simucube 2

Hi Birnen
I drive the FT 60 Tatus a LOT my settings are
overall strength 100% steering range 900%. steering lock 900% bump stop hard. static force reduction filter 3. TBL 2200KZ
damping 10% . friction 8%, inertia 5% static force reduction15%
slew rate off. ultra low latency mode 10%
All direct imput effects fine tuning to 0% not they do not work in rf2
IN GAME ABOUT 0.60 to 0. 65% Steering forces for TATUS

HOPE THIS HELPS…Let me know what you think…
Regards Denis
and i am sure those files are still valid ?? from mika

I must be missing something here? I cannot stop the steering wheel wanting to strongly pull itself towards centre every time I dab the brake pedal through a turn, even with the settings below.

“Force Feedback”:{
“Brake effects on steer axis”:0,
“Brake effects on steer axis#”:“0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.”,
“Brake effects strength”:-10000,
“Brake effects strength#”:"-10000 to +10000, applies to all brake effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
“Brake spring coefficient”:-1.0,
“Brake spring coefficient#”:“Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)”,
“Brake spring saturation”:0.0,
“Brake spring saturation#”:“Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)”,

Is there anything else I can try?

Brake spring coefficient at zero maybe?

1 Like

shovas & SuperMonaco_GP, Thanks for the suggestions :+1:

Nothing seems to be making any difference so I think I’ll start with a fresh JSON file and go from there.

2 Likes

@EsxPaul
in Mika’s JSON file the Brake effects strenght is at 0

Brake effects on steer axis:0
Brake effects strength:0
Brake spring coefficient:0.3
Brake spring saturation:1

1 Like

@MrFox and @bluey

Thanks for the replies, I do appreciate the assistance. So it turns out there was something severely wrong somewhere in the userdata folder. I was basically getting no low end forces at all with a very large dead zone near center. I started tweaking things and playing with the minimum torque which started to bring out the smaller details, but at the cost of huge oscillations which were not pleasant. I ended up deleting the userdata folder completely and starting from scratch.

This, in combination with the json file in Chips post a few months back solved the problem (tweaking the maximum torque for my pro vs sport). A few more tweaks in TD - zero friction and upping the inertia a little for my personal preference gave me the feel I was looking for. I can now enjoy rF2’s ffb again in all it’s glory.

I would suggest to anyone who has switched wheels and is experiencing a rather dead feeling near center to try deleting your userdata folder and have steam validate the files. I’m not sure if the default sc2 profile in rf2 would be fine after that, or if Mika’s is the way to go. But I went with the json in Chips post and to my tastes it is much more nuanced in the subtle forces while not being cringy over kerbs.

Thanks again.
Brian

3 Likes

Hi Birnen rubber
good to hear you got it sorted out RF2 can be a PTA sometimes but when it works RF2 is great
regards and cheers

You could show your configuration in both trueDrive and the .json file and game screen with the configuration

thanks a lot

For what it’s worth…

I had a nightmare last night during my first practice session for a week or two (Norma LMP3s at the official-content Le Mans 2018 - so no third party mods). Rf2 and TD both updated to the latest versions.

I experienced an insane level of flat-spot vibrations - without apparent cause - to the point where I could barely hold on to the wheel on the straights. I tried changing the TD FFB settings a bit (extra damping etc.) to no avail.

Bottom line is that a full reboot sorted the issue and I was able to complete four 30 min races using the same track/car/TD settings later in the evening - so first stop for any major anomalies should be a reboot… Not exactly rocket-science, but…

2 Likes

A lot of folks say this is the best sim in terms of FFB, but I don’t agree at all :slight_smile:

Tried the new BMW M4 Class 1 car recently. It feels like the car has ridiculous amounts of caster based on the feel of the self alignment torque. And it’s not just that car, same with the Porsche 911 Cup that I’ve bought. It almost feels like the cars are on skis and ‘stuck’ in a frozen track, very artificial.

My approach to fix this was to use Static Force Reduction 20%

You might try changing the Direct-Input “Spring” setting. rFactor2 seems to use that for self-centering effect. Also, be sure you reduce the per-car ffb in-game as the default level will definitely clip in some cases.

1 Like

I have all direct-input effects on 0%

1 Like

For the most part, everything runs great in rFactor 2 with the suggested profile in TrueDrive. With the new Formula Pro DLC car that came out, I get some crazy vibrations through the wheel on straightaways. The best way to describe it is like holding a reciprocating saw at max speed. It’s not dangerous or anything, but it is pretty intense. Any suggestions on how to tone this down? Thanks!

Where do we stand with the current build of rfactor 2 - is it still necessary to use the file at the beginning of this thread from 2019?

Most are using the rev3 file as a starting point and then making small adjustments to suit their own tastes.

1 Like

Can anyone explain what "Hold brakes and “Hold clutch” would do in the difficulty settings?

I’m still trying to work out why my steering wants to straighten every time I touch the brakes.

Hi I’m on SC pro
I tried the JSON file
I have tried all your suggestions and nothing is right I have a grain effect in the steering wheel the steering is heavy with jerks
it’s a disaster I found that RFactor 2 could be a good alternative to iracing but I’m disappointed
I will return to iracing with which the feeling is perfect with the SC2

I found the answer to my question above and am replying to myself here, in case it might help someone down the line.

‘Hold brakes’ - automatically stops the vehicle rolling on a incline/decline when there is no brake input

‘Hold clutch’ - automatically engages the clutch, acting as an anti-stall device

4 Likes

Is it due to braking?

Try different .json files and perhaps add some damping and reconstruction filter in TD.

Edit :maybe you can also remove your controller file, and let rF2 recreate default one?