rFactor 2 and Simucube 2

also check Rumble strip pull factor but i guess you already have it at 0 but you could try lower to see if it helps

Hey there Tech - the file isnā€™t available anymore. Will you be able to upload it again please?

1 Like

Hi there, I have a question about the ffb response I am getting out of the game. I was using the open wheeler formula car, I forgot which one it was something like 2012 or 2013 or something. So I was using the Simucube2Pro.json and I used a ffb preset also from here https://i.imgur.com/fXdIMqH.png Althou I was experiencing some weird ffb response, the initial ffb was ok but there was like a 2nd layer of ffb which was vibrating a lot, like really small vibration but very fast. I dont know if its oscillation or something. Anyone that has info about this?

Maybe its vibration due to flatspotting the tires?

It was already at the first lap

Use the TGM Display (ALT +) to show Flat spotted areas. I donā€™t think there is a way to turn off Flat spotted. Try adding or decreasing tire pressure.

I donā€™t remember if you can turn off tyre wear

I know rFactor 1 used to allow you to change the WearRate in the .tbc file. In rFactor 2, I think the tire file is compressed in the vehicles .mas file.

1 Like

Hi TechDaddy,

This link is dead now, is there a way to get a hold of your controller config file?

Iā€™d like rf2 to be good to me again, itā€™s somewhat dreadful as I have it now 8(

Thanks!

1 Like

Posting rFactor 2 controller config files. Instructions inside zip file.

5 Likes

it might be useful to make one page per simu on the wiki to find links and basic settings easily? What do you think @Mika?

1 Like

Thank you Daddy 8)

Really appreciate it, hope this helps me get rf2 back in shape!

Cheers!

1 Like

Daddy!!

It is awesome! Really liking it!
Only thing Iā€™m changing is the max slew rate, I like it slightly less metallic/digital & a little more rubber feel, so Iā€™m setting it all the way down to 0.1. Sebring no doubt played a role in that 8)

Finally back where rf2 is king of ffb on my rig again 8)

Thanks again!

1 Like

Hi TD was going to try these on my 20nm OSW. Any thing I should do different to compensate?

Nope. the controller file should work fine but you might want to change the device name, to your wheel. It should auto change when you map the inputs of your wheel and save it.

ā€œDevice Name 1ā€:ā€œSimuCUBE 2 Pro=#16d00d60ā€,

1 Like

Kledsen,

Trying to understand how to use slew rate for fine tuning, and you summed it up in one sentence. Awesome, Thank you!

2 Likes

hi all, which files should I delete to restart all from scratch? can I completely delete player folder?
I think I made some mess with the controller json and sc2 presets comboā€¦thanks

You can delete or rename your old controller profile in Userdata / controller folder (rf2 folder).

If you are concerned that the base profile (preset) for your wheel may be altered, you can delete that file and run Steam Verify File Integrity to obtain a new copy.

To be extra sure that you are starting fresh, delete the controller.json file in your Player folder. Do NOT edit the file named controller.json (It is an active save-game controller file).

Start rF2 and load the new preset / set your axis and buttons and FFB. Now save your new controller profile using a unique name. This is the file you will edit if needed. You can make a backup copy to save time (if needed again).

2 Likes

thank you very much :slight_smile:

Hi guys, testing rF2 today. Coming from iRacing, rF2 feels way to smooth for my liking.

Especially the rubbery feel when i move the tires over the asphalt is almost not feelable.

I used the settings from Techdaddy as i have no knowledge about rF2ā€™s doā€™s and donā€™ts regarding FFB.

Could someone give me a little jump start to rule out obvious mistakes?