rFactor 2 and Simucube 2

Yea, I have it set to friction in json file.

I really like your settings overall. 1 thing I noticed is that driving the MCR2000 around Oulton park, getting on the curbs/rumble strips violently knocks the wheel out of my hands. What adjustments can I make to soften this impact? It’s hard to use the full track due to this.

1 Like

Hello RobertR1,

Let me test it so I can adjust accordingly, and I’ll let you know an exact number.

Okay, I was able to test it this morning and I cannot replicate the curbs/rumble stripe volume being too high? Can I have you confirm a few things with your setting.

1. Make sure Simucube 2 firmware is on 2020.1
    https://granitedevices.com/w/images/6/6d/Simucube_2_True_Drive_2020.1.zip

2. Check True Drive settings:

General settings
Steering range: 900
Bump stop range: 900
Overall strength: 100%
Actual maximum Torque: 25.1 Nm (22.8 A)

Constantly Operating Filters
Simucube Force Reconstruction Filter: 1 Minimum, “fast”
Torque bandwith limit: Unlimited
Damping: 14%
Friction: 13%
Inertia: 9%
Static Force Reduction: 5%
Slew Rate Limit (Nm/ms): OFF
Ultra Low Latency Mode: 3%

DirectInput Effects Fine Tuning
Damping: 8%
Friction: 8%
Spring: 100%
Sine Wave: 100%
Square Wave: 100%
Sawtooth: 100%
Triangle: 100%

Bumpstop Effect
Bumpstop maximum strength: 40%
Bumpstop effect ramp range: 15%
Bumpstop damping effect: 0%

1. Make sure to re-select or auto detect json file for the MCR2000 and re-map your buttons.

Hello Tech.
I tested your settings on Zandvoort with the BMW 320T GO and a wheel hardness of 0.45 … It’s just HUGE! Very very good feeling.

Thanks for your settings and your SC2 file controller.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. This is my default controller (json) file and True Drive settings for all cars/tracks.

All other adjustments are made in-game, per-car. If you need more torque, turn up in-game car-specific ffb mult to a higher percentage.

Reduce FFB rumble strip magnitude and set to 0 rumble strip pull factor

“Rumble strip magnitude”:0,
“Rumble strip magnitude#”:“How strong the canned rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.”,
“Rumble strip pull factor”:0.5,
“Rumble strip pull factor#”:“How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.”,
“Rumble strip update thresh”:0.05,
“Rumble strip update thresh#”:“Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)”,
“Rumble strip wave type”:3,
“Rumble strip wave type#”:“Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.”,

What’s what I changed it to. Before this, pull factor was “1.5” The rest are the same.

@TechDaddy 1.5 was in your ini linked above

I will test tomorrow and report back.

You can set magintude to 0 but in my opinion , pull factor is also better at 0 .Also jolt magnitude i set at 0 and ff-road multiplier at 0.1

I think its better as is!

The pull effect only allows the car to pull in either direction when going over the rumble strips. Doesn’t create violently to knock the wheel out of hand?

In a real race car scenario, there is a change in direction when going over an apex and some you try to avoid because there really harsh.

Maybe but you should at least try those suggestions a bit more before you jump to that conclusion

I haven’t jump to any conclusion and the suggestions you’re making doesn’t make since.

Then you should not lose your time with me. Maybe contact studio 397 directly with your settings so that they will adopt them.

Guys relax! I need to do some cable management and will try the settings this weekend. Everything is subjective when it comes to these things let’s not get upset about it.

I think we have a good baseline for rf2 so much so that I’m playing it exclusively now over ACC.

Because I see a need here, but you keep giving advice to change my work and you don’t even own a SimuCube2. Trust me, I’m not trying to steal your thunder!

Anyhow, if anyone is interested in my json files please PM me.

Advise was given to Robertr1 because he had a problem, you can go ahead and provide other users with your insights as you want. Happy racing.

Hello community, I have strong ffb spikes when driving over curbs AND the wheel peeps. What is going here wrong?
I am using Esxpaul’s posted setting in october

Hi Hisham

What settings are you using in your .JSON file?
Might be a good idea to check on those plus your overall strength settings as you shouldn’t be experiencing clipping.

For reference, I’m using the following if you would like to compare:

“Jolt magnitude”:-0.5,

“Off-road multiplier”:-0.1,

I’m running 100% strength in TD
In game ‘car-specific ffb mult’ between 30-40

1 Like

Hi Paul!
My settings were:
“Jolt magnitude”:0,
“Off-road multiplier”:-0.1,
car spec ffb 0.54 now turned down to 40. Now the spikes are better thank you again.

1 Like