rFactor 2 and Simucube 2

For starters as a tip , try with auto clutch on in the difficulty menu. So you don’t have to start the engine whenever it turns off.

Also when you get in the track with your car , lower the car specific ffb multi to your preference.

Don’t try with mods. Use official content. Lester Special Edition is a nice free track that you can subscribe in the rfactor 2 workshop in steam , and Radical SR3-RSX is also a nice free car that you can subscribe in the workshop.

1 Like

ok, again thank you very much

Also when you get inside the track with your car you can lower the ffb smoothing from 4 even at 0 , but 1 , 2 ,3 are also viable choises.

Also your simucube settings are important. Try with 100% overall strength , you will need recon filter higher than 0 (try to find what you you preffer but 1 to 5 should be ok but you could try higher) . For starters don’t use other filters , don’t use peaking and notch filter , and zero those directinpuct effects . Get a feel and start your way from there altering anything you like.

1 Like

Please tell me, what wheel can I buy that comes with different presets for most common games on the market? Im very interested too.

IIRC only SC2 with TrueDrive can do that (dont know if other brands of OSWdo something similar)

You can find all type of presets for Logitech, Thrustmaster, Fanatec, OSW… But all of them are made by the community with time and time and time

mate, it is supposed that if you decide to step into the DD world, you already know before buying what you are gonna get and why you choose that type of product instead of a more commercial solution.
anyway, I hope you will find the way to enjoy your SC2 and begin to love this world and this wonderful community.

1 Like

hi guys, I post it here because I don’t want to start a new thread that most likely nobody will have interest into…I am looking for some general guidelines to set ffb on rFactor 1, lately I am totally into vintage/historic cars and that sim still have a pretty large amount of dedicated mods like DRM, group C on old style GTO Imsa, things like that.
if someone could tell me where to find any guide for rF1 on DD, that would be great, even if the guide is intended for OSW would be a great starting point. Thanks :slight_smile:

http://www.simracingcoach.com/contenido/configuracion-mmos-ffb-para-open-sim-wheel/#pdf

There you have an OSW guide for different simulators, as you will see, it is recommended to use for rfactor1 the same configuration as for Motorist and Stock Car.

1 Like

I want say Automovilista no Motorist, sorry

1 Like

Thx m8, this setup is brilliant!

1 Like

Hi,
i am trying rfactor2 with the settings below.
Currently driving the porsche 991 rsr at imola.
Car specific multiplier in rfactor2 = 0.45

The problem is that the curbs still feel to strong, wheel rattles alot.
“Jolt magnitude”:0,
“Off-road multiplier”:0.1,
“Rumble strip magnitude”:0,

Still does not help.
Does anyone know what the reason would be?

thanks

When you made changes to the Jason ini was the RF2 launcher open… IF it was the edit will not work. Re check the ini… Other than that???

you used the profile mika posted?
have you changed “Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation Default”:1440, from 900 ?
have you tried without ultra low latency and slew rate?
you could also try “Rumble strip pull factor”:-0.5,

Increase smoothing in-game. Set Slew-Rate to 0.3, 0.5, 1.0, something like that. Set torque bandwidth limit to 2200 or lower.

EDIT: I see you’ve already reduced slew rate. Maybe try doubling damping. Honestly, the first thing I’d try is adding smoothing in rFactor 2. It’s by default wayyyy too strong and sharp. I’ve driven some open wheel cars and other race cars and they are not even close to RF2’s feeling. You need to add quite a bit of smoothing in order to help fix the sharpness of the FFB. I know people don’t like adding smoothing because it affects everything but you kind of have to in RF2.

I would try setting rumble strip settings in the controller file all to 0.0. I’m pretty sure rumble strips in the controller file only affect fake rumble strips. Rumble strips on properly modeled tracks will affect the car and FFB on their own from the physics of the rumble strips and the car The controller rumble strip setting is only for fake “baked in” rumble strips that were common in very old games like F1 2001, rFactor 1, etc.

Why 1440 vs 900?
Trying to understand this as I never saw before.
Thx.

No problem going 900 on simucube but you have to set the max steering rotation to 900 on your controller.json

Thanks. I just tried the above settings. It feels nice on my pro. Finally having the software handle the rotation was nice. I had always set it in the Simucube for the specific car.

hi all, i need an advice : what value do you usually use for “ffb smoothing” ingame?
do you have the same value for every car or do you change it per car basis like the ffb multiplier?
thanks

I have settled with smoothing at 4 as a good baseline for all cars :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Maxx, I assume you play it through Steam? If so, within Steam, right click on the game ( rFactor2) and then “ manage”. There, you should put steam control in “Forced Off” off, this means Steam will not interfere with your controllers settings I guess. This worked for me since I had the same problem as you

Have you tried “Forced off” in steam? Go tonsteam, and in the game rfactor right-click and gonto manage, there you can see the section of controller and select Forced off. Happened to me when Steam had an update