rFactor 2 and Simucube 2

Yep, true! Most important is you set it so it matches your ffb wheel setup.

1 Like

As @EsxPaul / explained set you rf2 controller jason as per the rf2 roadmap settings . And TD to 1440 rotation . When in RF2 go to settings / controls and tick vehicle set and soft lock will work to the correct rotation for that car.l

finally my simcube2pro starts working with Rfactor2,In TD i set steering range to1440 i have downloaded the json file and moditly the following as recommended . I HOPE i edited it correctly. But in rfactor2 during driving i noticed my wheel and the wheel in the computer dosnā€™t match up. any idea?? what am i not setting up correctly?
please give me some advice

ā€œSteering Wheel Maximum Rotation Defaultā€:1440,
ā€œSteering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driverā€:true,

ā€œSteering Wheel Software Rotationā€:true,
ā€œSteering Wheel Software Rotation#ā€:1440,

@Maxx Can you check to make sure ā€œvehicle setā€ is ticked.

Also, check to see if you have steering help turned on by accident. I think that can be toggled on and off via the F1 key.

I did that by mistake once and my steering was way off until I realised.

Hi Paul
yes vehicle set is ON , no steering help , I was testing with a Porsche 911 GT3

IT doesnā€™t line up with my wheel, letā€™s say i turned my wheel 90degree and the steering on screen will be missing around 30degree, The more i go the more obviously between the difference.

Tried to change to 900 degree in True drive software and it looks spot on after.

No idea what is right and what it should beā€¦ any thoughts anyone?

Thatā€™s strange. It sounds as if the changes you made to the json file havenā€™t taken effect and the file might still be using the original 900 degrees that Mikaā€™s rev 3 were set at.

When you made the changes, did you have the game running or not? Itā€™s advised that the game is closed when the changes are made.

Perhaps you could recheck your changes and use these tips from @morOSWer to make sure you are applying the changes to the correct files in the correct way.

https://community.granitedevices.com/t/rfactor-2-and-simucube-2/2975/66?u=esxpaul

1 Like

yes, I bellieve I closed the game because I am using VR, without closing I cant even do other stuff on my desktop.

I will try again other time, this really takes time in my case, not smooth at all.

Did you try another car in the game? As i stated above, i had DOR problems just with the 911 Cup car. All other cars i tested works fine. Have not tried it again after my issue as i thought it was a temporary glitch, will check it again tomorrow.

I am also in VR so have my steeering wheel on, easy to spot if its off. Maybe many other without VR has hidden their wheel in game so they dont see it.

Note I am on SC1 so dont think it has to do with SC2ā€¦

I haventā€™ , but thanks for suggesting,worth to have a go

1 Like

The game and the launcher must be closed.

Also if i remember correct you should set

ā€œSteering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driverā€:false,

Wish more games was easy to setup our wheels, like iracingā€¦

Just double check, are they correct? i only changed the number to 1440, what else should i edit?

ā€œSteering Wheel Maximum Rotation Defaultā€:1440,
ā€œSteering Wheel Maximum Rotation Default#ā€:ā€œDefault maximum wheel range to use when not read from driver, from 40 to 1440 degreesā€,
ā€œSteering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driverā€:true,
ā€œSteering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver#ā€:ā€œWhether to read the steering wheel rotation from the wheel driver, if possibleā€,
ā€œSteering Wheel Rangeā€:524,
ā€œSteering Wheel Range#ā€:ā€œDegrees of steering wheel rotation, both visual and physical (if available)ā€,
ā€œSteering Wheel Software Rotationā€:true,
ā€œSteering Wheel Software Rotation#ā€:ā€œWhether to limit the maximum steering wheel rotation in softwareā€,

Try with
ā€œSteering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driverā€:false,

I am not sure atm but i think it should be set that way

2 Likes

@Maxx Make sure game and launcher are closed ā€¦ Open the jason file . set Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver to false not true ā€¦exit and save

1 Like

Did you edit the controller.json, and not the rev3 version from here?

Already posted but still:
https://www.studio-397.com/2018/11/roadmap-update-november-2018/

Scroll down to the Chapter Software Wheel Rotation Explained

1 Like

You need to make sure you have the game closed before changing the lines in the controller file. Donā€™t forget to save it. Then start the game and it will work.

Just edit ā€œcontroller.JSONā€ then DONā€™T load a controller file when youā€™re in game, instead, go directly to the controls options and save the profile. If you instead chose to edit an already saved controller (eg. ā€œRichardā€™s SC2 T3PA.JSONā€) then after you start the game, make sure you go to controller options to load that controller profile before you drive.

• Steering Wheel Bump Stop Harshness: personal preference, how hard you want the wheel to stop when you turn the wheel all the way to the carā€™s maximum steering rotation

• Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation Default:1440

• Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver:false

• Steering Wheel Range: donā€™t touch this, this will change automatically when you drive different cars and change steering range or ratio in carā€™s setup

• Steering Wheel Software Rotation:true

And donā€™t forget to make sure your wheel is set to 1440 degrees in Simucube True Drive whenever you play.

3 Likes

Yes ā€¦ I just heard with the Porsche 911 it works ā€¦ the steering adapts automatically. Thank you so much

1 Like

I have the same issue with rfactor2 and my simcube2 pro.

• turning the wheel left and right doesnā€™t show any sigh of movement and also canā€™t not assign it as well.

Now I am not sure what to do, any idea?

Thanks for your help

Did u turn full left and right until bumpstops hits?

1 Like

Yes :see_no_evil: its working! Thank you
But now i have no FFB