rFactor 2 and Simucube 2

Oh Cool tip! Mine is set to 1 and my SC2 is pretty noisy in rfactor, I’m going to try 4 for my next drive!
Thank you @SuperMonaco_GP

1 Like

@Marcel_B
Would you mind sharing what Car and track you’re using?
I’d like to try this out tonight as well, just to know what you’re experiencing.

I wrote the solution 2 posts above yours!

Additionally to the solution, I completely had to wipe out the folder with the JSON files, then paste in the Simucube2 files again. Re-Assigning controls from scratch.
Regarding the wheel rotation settings: I put it on 1440 in TD and in-game. I guess as long as it is the same you should get the correct wheel rotation (assuming you set it on „software“ & „car-specific“ checked in-game).
I tested it with a Ferrari GTE car (397 version), a Tatuus F14 and the USF2000. Always on the new Zandvoort Track.
TD force was set to around 16nm -> that meant to set car specific multiplier around 80% for GTE, and around 95-100% for the formula cars (not sure if it is better to set TD to maximum and adjust car multiplier until it fits - maybe someone has experimented with this?). I recently did that in iRacing: TD force maxed and max wheelforce in-game reduced (felt pretty much the same to me, someone in a thread recommended that kind of setting).

To restart from scratch in rf2, delete the control.js file in game data and simply verify files through steam, no need to delete entire folders.

Dude, RF2 is decent. Just be patient and you find the solutions in all directions with this sim. I use Simucube 2 Pro with full 25Nm in true drive, all other settings is a secret and my own knowledge. Decent FFB, Decent tire physics, decent chassis simulation. And the main aspect - noone hold your pace. Compared to… this… - iRacing and Simucube 2

1 Like

that’s the spirit of this forum :+1:

4 Likes

what’s the point of posting in a place where everybody try their best to help others and discuss on how to make things better for all sc users, if everytime you post you feel the need to add “by the way my settings are a secret, can’t share with you”. I’m genuinely curious.

1 Like
  1. No problems in Simucube 2 device. 2. No problems in RF2 sim. The problem in patience to gain the result! That’s what i want to say here. The End.
1 Like

I’m going to make a little video of how I set up the rf2 files. It’s not that difficult, you just lack the knowledge. :wink:

By the way … best force feedback you can get! The physics engine is a bit broken. The tire model in particular raises questions and is, in my opinion, responsible for some problems. But the engine is still ahead, if you ask me, the physic-Engine is way ahead of other games. At least I formed this opinion after analyzing 2000-3000 hours rFactor2 in Motec.
The FFB of the McLaren 720s GT3 is just wow and the GTE vehicles rock too … the Mercedes AMG GT3 has problems with its signal (I think something was wrong between 10-30Hz, I don’t know exactly), but I am on it and about to “solve” it. Then try the Brabham BT44, the best tires in the game !!! I love that thing, you have to really work with your hands and feet.

so…
Keep calm, we will solve your problem!! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

This is a place where people openly share settings to help others out. I find this very odd. I have no problem openly sharing my settings because what would I lose by helping someone or what would I achieve by not helping them?

1 Like

You would lose the chance of making someone’s day better. :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m sorry, i can’t share Simucube settings because they still under my development and testing and can be changed. You can share your settings here too. Also Granite team must create full guide how to operate with filters. I have no idea why they still don’t do this. But anyway, the FFB in RF2 even default is awesome!

1 Like

Paddock #1 enthusiast

3 Likes

Wow that is the first time over all of these years I have seen someone say they wouldn’t share their settings!

Very sad times. :frowning:

3 Likes

That is so childish, I don’t even know where to start :roll_eyes:
I’ve been testing around with the settings the last few days, so with the current TD software/firmware and rf2 version this works pretty nice.
If you want the full forces in TD, then you have to tune down the force multiplier in-game.
Settings are for Simucube 2 Pro.
Regarding being the best FFB ever, I would not completely agree. Yes, there are cars that feel absolutely fantastic to drive. BUT: The dominant effects under braking and SOP effects are artificial and not configurable which (to me) is the biggest disadvantage of rF2. And I have driven F4 IRL so I know what you feel and what not. I also know 2 GT3 drivers personally, they say the same about the GT-cars. This accentuated SOP and braking effect you do not have at all in the real car (on the wheel!). I still would say I want to have an option in a Sim to add these effects though, as I don’t have the forces on my body (or only a small part of it when using the motion platform). So: I do not like the radical approach of iRacing to add NOTHING and stick to the physics engine solely, but I also do not like the non-configurable artificial/physical mix approach as in rF2. Can’t be that hard to let the user decide if he/she wants these additional effects or not.

6 Likes

Just a few points about sharing:

It is perfectly understandable that some pro teams and such do not share anything, including their device setups. When real money is at stake, that makes sense. We have considered adding some “share to group” feature to the Paddock, but that is not yet decided and we think we should focus on other things for a while :wink:

2 Likes

Looks like Paddock app will be a powerfull tool for Pro teams

1 Like

A little toturial…

6 Likes

“I don’t know where to start”,

(shares his complete profile openly, with screenshots…)

@Marcel_B I just wanted to say thanks for being awesome, Guys like you are what make this forum worth visiting!

1 Like