Restarting DD thomconcept beckhoff engine

Encoder, encoder cables, or motor cables have nothing to do with the fact that the Simucube does not seem to be visible to the PC at all.

2 Likes

So basically Marinen , the wheel was given to you broken , correct ?

If it is a hardware fault i can’t help but if this person is a friend of yours ,ask him if he tried to install simucube and failed ?

1 Like

no, my friend has not switched to simucube,
the steering wheel stopped working before it switched to simucube,
as the steering wheel is not visible by the pc, do you rather think of a failure of the ioni or simucube card?

Well, Simucube is the HiD, so if windows is not picking it up at all in any shape or form, when X3 port is connected, then there might be an issue with the Simucube.

When X4 port is connected and you have enabled the software switch in True Drive, amd then try to connect via the Granity suite, and nothing is detected three it could be either Simucube be or Ioni. But I am not convinced at the moment anything is broken - yet….

1. Post a screenshot of your Device Manager in Windows - any yellow question marks?
  2. Have you tried enabling the software switch in the True Drive with X4 port connected?
  3. Are any Led’s illuminated /flashing inside the box when you power it on?

Etc etc…let us know answers to those questions….

1 Like

thanks a lot for your help,
I no longer have the steering wheel next to the pc (I took it off for Christmas),
but what I can tell you is that:
-to switch to true drive, I can’t do anything because the software is not detected by the steering wheel,

• yes the simucube card flashes well I had put a photo on the topic

however, as soon as I turn on the engine, the fan runs at full speed, and the box becomes very very hot really quickly

What part of the box gets hot? PSU, or? Please check next after Christmas is over. Sounds like something is kaput.

1 Like

thank you so much,
the part that heats up is really the part of the box under the simucube board

the screws that hold the simucube card are really hot, you can’t even keep your fingers on it

Sounds like something is shorted or that the voltage output of the PSU is so high, that the IONI will constantly try to burn it as energy in the braking resistors, so the PSU is working overtime all the time.

But that does not directly explain why the whole system is not visible at all on the PC.

if you are good with hardware , why don’t you try to assemble this outside the box

Hi all

and sorry for my late replies,

I had a lot of things to sort out and I dropped the project.I’ve pulled myself back into the game,I changed the diet she was screwed,

And now the material is recognized by computer and by granite devices,the ioni is lit green,When starting the steering wheel, turn three or four quarters left and right and return to the center,

but it is not recognized in play,

and the MMOS software does not act on the steering wheel,

Do you know what to put in the Granite Device part for this type of steering wheel with an Ioni Pro?

Can you post your granity settings and your mmos settings please

thank you for your reply

I also give you the MMOS settings, but MMOS does not affect the behavior of the steering wheel

you left out the Fault Limits tab settings.

sorry I hadn’t seen

Please also show the device setup from mmos

Sorry

I have a suspicion that it is related to your encoder. I would also change some other parameters but i doubt it would make a difference regarding your problem. First of all the ioni firmware you have is not intended for use with simucube but i can not tell if that’s a problem since you don’t have a biss encoder so wait for a developer on this. If you don’t want to wait try the previous version 1.7.20 , but first thing to try is: Cpr is 4 times the ppr value. So set it accordingly in the mmos setup.

Thanks you very much i will try that, and i will keep you informed !

I changed the firmware version for the Ioni, I even tried 1.7.20
I no longer have to register

the gaming device appears well in content manager for example (even before all these manipulations it was displayed)

but when I turn the wheel nothing moves, not even in USB gaming devices