Reconstruction Filter V2 testing

Reconstruction Fliter V2 = 4

FYI~Due to time constraints, no final adjustments were made. I’ll make adjustments when the official version comes out.

This filter is really successful. Up to now I haven’t used a recon filter because it swallowed up too much detail.

The new one is completely different, very natural and informative. My lap times have also improved significantly with the new one.

Please use this filter as standard.

You have done a great job. Many thanks for that.

3 Likes

Been testing for a couple of weeks and honestly found zero negatives to the V2 filter, hope we get a full release soon so I don’t have to keep remembering or forgetting to enable it lol

1 Like

I’ll wait for the full release before I install it, but in the meantime, as someone who has no idea what 99% of the wheel settings actually do (I just use the official Kunos ACC profile to avoid the hassle - I only play ACC), what do I need to do after installing the new drivers to get me the most realistic feeling in ACC? Will these settings be part of the profiles I download via the paddock, or do I need to change this setting myself?

Does this filter add delay to the signal?

It will be in the Paddock profiles like all other settings.

If anything, the filter has less over shoots on signal direction changes than the original filter. Some would say it has less lags on signal spikes, which is just another way to say the same thing.

Thank you! Already using it, it feels very good! should I change the slew rate?

@Mika After updating today, I noticed that setting the Recon filter to off (0) causes the wheel to feel extremely rubbery and oscillations occur.

I updated to 2nd july driver and now my true drive showing I have 10nm ( 40% ) strength while slider is fully to the right ( 25.1nm before )

1 Like

I pushed a silent update to fix this exact bug. The issue is only with the UI indicator, FFB is not affected.

where I can find it?

Just download and install the 2024.7 again.

2 Likes

oh yeah, now its perfect, my ocd is satisfied :stuck_out_tongue: thanks

Just did the update, now my base shows a fault asking me to reset emergecy stop everytime I power it up, even once I reset the stop and try a game it feels terrible, what should I try to fix it? thanks.

I did some googling and found the method for downgrading the firmware and that was sucessful, I even tried the latest version again and got the same issue so I’m staying with the last version for now.

The fault is due to the beta test reconstruction filter trying to activate. It is not harmful, and just set a new default profile and it won’t do it again.

Thank you Mika! All is well now on the latest firmware.

You’re welcome, but I saw that the official version has been updated. I will start testing the settings of the official version this weekend.

Im absolutelly in love with new version!!! I always wanted to drive on reccon 0 but metal noises are too loud and I pick 1… and I always wish I can choose something between 0 an 1… on new driver old recon 1 is actually 4… so you put 2 on new driver and you have something like 0,5 on old. <3

i’m always on 2021_9 TD version which has always been my favorite. I would like to give a try at this new filter V2, will it be possible to go back to this version after having this upgrade ? sometimes I know it wasn’t always possible…