Raceroom and Simucube 2 - Post December 2019 update

what I mean is that it makes ffb better, don’t know why and how, I just know it does.
what you see as 1080° in the steeringwheels.xml file is simply the maximum rotation of sc2 recognized by r3e, with 90° being the minimum. in fact, those are the same values you see ingame on the slider. by setting td to 900° there is no mismatch with the parameter in that file, it doesn’t affect the ingame rotation.

I see some of you guys setting RCF at 1 “Minimum”. Do you not get too much noise coming through? For me, almost undriveably uncomfortable with anything below RCF 3. Would feel a rather annoying high frequency buzz through the steering wheel. Also the motor generates quite a lot of high pitch sound this way.

Had this in AMS2 too, took me some time to figure out that the “problem” would go away when increasing RCF.

1 Like

There is no noise in the signal I can “feel”, R3E FFB is pretty flat and absent of any road noise.
Motor itself can make some faint clicking when signal quickly changes direction, but this is completely drown out by in game sound.
I don’t use anything higher than 1 in any sims (AC, ACC, R3E, DR2, rFactor2, . . . AMS2).
There where some issues in releases after 2020.10 causing higher level of signal noise that required higher recon to compensate, but that was fixed in the latest release.
May be some servos are noisier than others, or people just have different perception, I wouldn’t worry too much about that and use whatever recon I personally feel comfortable with.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this mate :slightly_smiling_face:

I can’t explain why, but running 1080 in game and also TD just didn’t feel right after this big ffb update.

Changing both to 900 (to match the SC2 .rcs file) makes it feel better for some unknown reason.

1 Like

i am like you @Siimo, in all sim games i use, i’m always at RCF “2” minimum : in RF2, R3E. “4” in Ams 2, ACC. It feels more comfortable to me like these and don’t feel any notiçable latency.

1 Like

Yes,definitely fixed for me.
BTW: Can anyone post his TD settings for RaceRoom? I’ve read you should set damping , inertia and friction to 0 , but it’s too rough for me. It feels like I’d need some damping and reconstruction filter for more realistic feel.

Test with 2% friction on other filter

I’m getting the spin on exit (and also had the 90 degree spin at the start of an online race, but this stopped happening with R3E’s big June(?) FFB update).

I can reproduce it on my system:

1/ Turn off SC2 Pro - I turn it off at the mains.
2/ Start up R3E - wait for main menu
3/ Turn on SC2 Pro
4/ Wait for the ‘device connected’ banner to appear
5/ Exit R3E
6/ Wheel spins

Video here:

I’m running the 2021.9 true drive update (happened before that though - as I just updated) and latest R3E.

Kind of frightening. Sorry can’t help you. But must be terrible experience. Hope you get help not just a bit of support (is all I can give)

Delete your profile raceroom
xxxxxxx.rcs

That uncontrolled spinning was happening to me as well, usually when I tab in and out of R3E and then exit the game. Was there fix for this in June, must have missed in release notes?

I just deleted all in my SimBin…/UserData/ControlSet folder. Then started R3E, turned the SC2 on, chose the default Simucube profile, exited game. Same issue as I describe above.

I’ll try deleting my SC2 profiles next.

It cannot have anything to do with FFB profiles in Simucube.

It is to do with game leaving some FFB effects with strange parameters running on exit.

I haven’t managed to repeat it yet.

Makes sense. Sector3 think it’s a simucube issue. See their discord - help channel.

I can reproduce this consistently if you and/or Sector3 want me to do some debugging.

Hi Mika, I thought earlier you were mentioning this is related to bump stop effect as R3E sends bumpstop range values to SC2 based on the car in use.

Yeah, it was just a guess with no means to get to see it happening.

When it happens, can you guys check if the debug value is at 1, 0 or -1 on the last tab in True Drive, and also if there are any created FFB effects running there?

One post above the one I linked in last reply

Was that log before or after you restarted the servo to fix it? The log is cleared on device restart…

Before, taken at the same time as TD screenshot.

OK.

I still cannot seem to be able to repeat it.

What Simbin? I can’t find any simbin folders on my PC. The game is not developed by Simbin.