Raceroom and Simucube 2 - Post December 2019 update

I still get it every time. If you let go of the wheel, You have no idea where it ends up pointing because i’m wearing VR so you have to feel for what direction the wheel is pointing.
I put up with it now and just grip the wheel hard when the lights come on so it doesn’t do it but it does give me a good FFB kick.

I thought only rF2 ignored issues, but apparently other devs are too busy with features

I play other games and often don’t remember about it when starting a race. For me in consistently rotates quickly about 45 degrees to the right. I have full hands off wheel detection in TD and I hear it gets activated so it hinders the issue for me.

great news from sector3 : a whole new ffb is coming to r3e next month.

5 Likes

Really great news! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Update: Seems like the new FFB will be released on June 23 most likely.

3 Likes

Cautiously pessimistic.

1 Like

Same here, but it would be awesome if it drastically changed for the better. Supposedly, several of the new FFB beta testers are Simucube owners, so if just one of them has a good sense of how FFB should feel, we could be in a for a treat. I’d like to get into online multiplayer racing, and it seems like Raceroom could be the best option for non-GT classes…ignoring iRacing of course.

Their beta tester made Steering Rack force in default profile 55 instead of traditional and recommended 30 and we all know how it felt.
Studio has own SC2 donated by GD and Alex created own version of profile distributed now with game called SC2 Pro Alexs. But it’s even worse than default SC2 Pro.

Hmm that certainly doesn’t bode well. I had no idea. Thanks for sharing the info! I’m really hoping to avoid iRacing. I guess I better learn to love GT cars and dive into ACC! rFactor’s competition system could be an option as well, but knowing Studio 397, it might a long time before it’s widely released. Regardless, I’ll at least give Raceroom’s update a shot prior to deciding.

How is it worse tho? Did you try it today?

Just tested, it feels amazing.

2 Likes

Awesome news! I eagerly await the settings you end up with in True Drive and in-game. Your rFactor 2 setup remains the pinnacle of FFB to me, so I’m curious to see how your RaceRoom setup compares!

1 Like

Hope we can remove all that excessive damping and ULL now. About to test it myself.

1 Like

I think it’s time to scrap all threads about r3e, ffb it’s a whole new thing now.
@Chip thanks mate, well I simply followed the suggestions of sector3 devs for dd wheels, so recon at 1, all filters to zero and all di effects enabled to 100%, easy peasy. as for the ingame ffb, it’s all written in the ffb menu section, you can’t go wrong (you have just 3 sliders).
edit : the only filter that might be useful is the SFR

2 Likes

Wow, that’s a game changer for sure. A bit on overdampened side but overall quite a progress.
Don’t use any additional damping. I ended up with this

Also read this

3 Likes

The only issue is that wheel spins uncontrollably when exiting the game.

strange, hasn’t happened to me. have you tried to delete the doc folder? I did before launching the update

so the di effects created by the game are damping, square and sawtooth, but only damping has the full circle just when stationary. I wonder what di effects config is the best

I had all DIs at 0% but still have some stationary resistance, perhaps some is done via Constant Force.