Raceroom and Simucube 2 - Post December 2019 update

Use directinput
damping at 20% for stationary friction
Sine wave at 100% for vibration motor

Other filter : all at 0

sine is not active anymore as it used to, there is no more motor vibration since it was a canned effect

1 Like

I insist

1 Like

lol I came to the same conclusion independently. I was wondering what was up with that profile it was enabled by default for me.

Hm…i have tried both of your settings and for me its far away from a great FFB. NOT your settings but the game FFB itself…even combinded with the SFX 100. Loved this game long before i had a SC2 but this combination doesnt work for me. I drive some hours to find some love again…if you find another great settings please write it in here.
Greets Tobi and keep on racing

Edit after deleting the hole Simbin Folder i have a good FFB again. Its really nice now

I agree S3 still needs to do work on it. It’s good for R3E but not compared to AMS2 or rF2.

2 Likes

ok, I missed that. I don’t get the sense of using any canned effect on dd wheels - as it also seems to happen with ams2 custom ffb files - but to each their own

Is it your opinion that AMS2 and rF2 have similar physics/FFB?

Because that has never once been my experience.

1 Like

In the sense that they’re both physical tyre models and share behaviours that make them more similar than say AMS1/AC/ACC vs AMS2/rF2

I get a very good experience from AMS2, almost up to rF2 levels but not quite. But then again AMS2 just has such a good package it’s more tempting right now than rF2.

Driving in AMS2 can be fun, but feels way too easy, almost any speed, any corner you just need to crank steering wheel more to drift through.
Reminds me of the days when I was playing FM7 with Emuwheel, it was great but short lived fun due to unchallenging driving model.

2 Likes

First, I just wanted to thank you for sharing your settings.

Second, do you really play with 100% overall strength? I also have an SC2 Pro but I never use more than 40% strength in any of the sims I play. Full power sounds remarkably unpleasant!

In sim it’s 50%, prefer to have full amperage at servo level. Works fine for majority of sims, except may be iRacing that goes crazy high on crashes so it needs lower amperage in TD as a fail-safe.

Another benefit of having lower gain in sim that it leaves more headroom for signal clipping, if you have 100% in sim and 50% in TD, the signal can go flat on some spiky transitionings like rumble strip, collision, etc.
It’s not a hard rule really, as long as you have some headroom in game gain you can set TD to comfortable level. Works either way.

New SC2 Pro and SC2 Pro Alexs are absolutely identical in content.
Not sure why it’s included, perhaps for people who used preset with this name as a basis before.

The only Wheel FFB relevant section now is this. How nice. :slight_smile:

[ Wheel FFB Settings ]
FFB Strength=“0.5” // Strength of Force Feedback. Range 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Linearity=“1.0” // Steering force output “linearity”. Range 0.5 to 1.0. 1.0 = linear.
FFB Minimum Force=“0.0” // Minimum FFB force output, from 0.0 to 0.15.
FFB Maximum Force=“1.0” // Maximum FFB force output, from 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Stationary Friction=“0.5” // Amount of friction applied to the steering wheel when vehicle is stationary/moving slowly.
FFB Engine Vibrations=“0.0” // Vibrations from engine, from 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Bump Amplification Effect=“0.0” // Increases Force Feedback from bumps, from 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Shift Jolt=“0.0” // Jolts from shifting, from 0.0 to 1.0.

1 Like

I too experienced different results when deleting existing config folders from under Documents. In fact, I had two different RR folders under Documents\My Games\SimBin.

Two things that I noticed changed immediately after deleting these folders and starting from scratch:

1. Master volume level setting had not worked for a long time - it did now!
  2. FFB before the deletion was extremely heavy, had to turn down to 30% which seemed weird with my TD set to 15Nm. After the config deletion, 50-60% in-game seemed good, similar to other sims I drive.

Unfortunately, I had done the folders deletion at the same time as changing some non strength related settings in TD, so while my FFB felt much “better” now, could not tell whether it was to do with the old game config or not.

In any case, seems like there may be a bug in RR that allows old and new config to be “mixed” somehow. I’d recommend deleting the folders and starting anew. In terms of TD, I use almost identical settings to what @Andrew_WOT posted a screenshot of. Minimal recon, DI damping+friction+spring 0.

Loved the FR90 V10 before the update, but now I love it even more! TCR and older touring cars also feel a lot better since the update.

I see you are using 1080°, have you also changed the steering rotation in the active controller file? if not, you have a mismatch between ingame rotation and the one in td.

Had the same as Siimo. After deleting the whole Simbin folder and starting from scratch it is everything ok. Yousing also the same profile as Andrew and it works great. It also worked with all DI Dampers to 100% but then it feels overdamped. So im trying out whats better for me…everything on 100 or 0. With 0 it is better for my personal preference. So and now i feel no difference in changing the parameters on the Gamepad settings like in the description on the sector 3 forum with changing rumble strip wave and flatspot wave. So everything alright and i can race.
Seems really that was something mixed up here in my case also because of the 2 Install folders i had after the Update.

Gamepad settings shouldn’t have any effect on wheels ffb…

Thats right now it works but before something was mixed up with 2 Installation folders in the document folder right after the Update. Also in the Sector 3 Forum is something reported by the devs and so on. It works and before this the FFB feels really weird. Now its great.

We just tested this at our office. Seems that FFB “just works” now without any caveats or strange things. We could not repeat any issue with wheel starting to spin when exiting the car or when exiting the game - the game seemed to clear the effect memory were nicely when exiting the game.

However there was a report some time ago (in this thread) that the wheel would spin in an online game while on the starting grid. I do not remember which car this was with and could not repeat that at the time. Can someone comment on whether this has now also been fixed?

2 Likes

I have fixed my “spinning” issue by deleting

• Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet folder
  • Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\device_statistics.xml (not sure that this one was needed)

After that created brand new profile using Simucube 2 Pro as basis and no issues since.

2 Likes