Raceroom and Simucube 2 - Post December 2019 update

How is it worse tho? Did you try it today?

Just tested, it feels amazing.

2 Likes

Awesome news! I eagerly await the settings you end up with in True Drive and in-game. Your rFactor 2 setup remains the pinnacle of FFB to me, so I’m curious to see how your RaceRoom setup compares!

1 Like

Hope we can remove all that excessive damping and ULL now. About to test it myself.

1 Like

I think it’s time to scrap all threads about r3e, ffb it’s a whole new thing now.
@Chip thanks mate, well I simply followed the suggestions of sector3 devs for dd wheels, so recon at 1, all filters to zero and all di effects enabled to 100%, easy peasy. as for the ingame ffb, it’s all written in the ffb menu section, you can’t go wrong (you have just 3 sliders).
edit : the only filter that might be useful is the SFR

2 Likes

Wow, that’s a game changer for sure. A bit on overdampened side but overall quite a progress.
Don’t use any additional damping. I ended up with this

Also read this

3 Likes

The only issue is that wheel spins uncontrollably when exiting the game.

strange, hasn’t happened to me. have you tried to delete the doc folder? I did before launching the update

so the di effects created by the game are damping, square and sawtooth, but only damping has the full circle just when stationary. I wonder what di effects config is the best

I had all DIs at 0% but still have some stationary resistance, perhaps some is done via Constant Force.

Use directinput
damping at 20% for stationary friction
Sine wave at 100% for vibration motor

Other filter : all at 0

sine is not active anymore as it used to, there is no more motor vibration since it was a canned effect

1 Like

I insist

1 Like

lol I came to the same conclusion independently. I was wondering what was up with that profile it was enabled by default for me.

Hm…i have tried both of your settings and for me its far away from a great FFB. NOT your settings but the game FFB itself…even combinded with the SFX 100. Loved this game long before i had a SC2 but this combination doesnt work for me. I drive some hours to find some love again…if you find another great settings please write it in here.
Greets Tobi and keep on racing

Edit after deleting the hole Simbin Folder i have a good FFB again. Its really nice now

I agree S3 still needs to do work on it. It’s good for R3E but not compared to AMS2 or rF2.

2 Likes

ok, I missed that. I don’t get the sense of using any canned effect on dd wheels - as it also seems to happen with ams2 custom ffb files - but to each their own

Is it your opinion that AMS2 and rF2 have similar physics/FFB?

Because that has never once been my experience.

1 Like

In the sense that they’re both physical tyre models and share behaviours that make them more similar than say AMS1/AC/ACC vs AMS2/rF2

I get a very good experience from AMS2, almost up to rF2 levels but not quite. But then again AMS2 just has such a good package it’s more tempting right now than rF2.

Driving in AMS2 can be fun, but feels way too easy, almost any speed, any corner you just need to crank steering wheel more to drift through.
Reminds me of the days when I was playing FM7 with Emuwheel, it was great but short lived fun due to unchallenging driving model.

2 Likes