Project Cars 2 and Simucube 2

I am trying to use my SC2 but I have no force feedback at all when using this game. I have tried using christians FFB settings but it hasnt made a difference. Anyone have any idea what it could be? I get FFB on iRacing

There is a bug with iRacing, if you use VR, FFB can be ā€œoffā€ in sim.
2 Options,

1. Start steam VR before running iRacing.
  2. When in iRacing got to options untick FFB, done. The go back to options and re-tick FFB.

Its a known bug with VR, hopefully thats the reason.

It might be that this issue is not relevant for Project Cars 2.

Dohā€¦ yeah obv, sorry wrong threadā€¦ phone is smallā€¦ eyes apparently smaller!!!

Could you post your Project Cars 2 FFB settings & your True Drive settings?

Iā€™ve had my SC2 Ultimate for several months now. I have had many instances of frustrating problems getting my controls working with the SC2 and Protosimtech pedals. However, after some days and much frustration (esp. with the SC2), I finally got it working.

Iā€™m still not exactly sure what the problem was, but to begin, I had problems with SC2 steering assignments. I consider this a PC2 issue, since PC2 assigns +X2 to BOTH right steering and throttle. I first had lots of trouble getting steering assigned successfully, and then I seemed to have weird crosstalk between throttle and steering at times. Then spontaneously, my problems cleared up after lots of reassigning steering, etcā€¦ not sure exactly how. I also successfully upgraded to Ricmotech hydraulic pedals without much problem.

So for past few months, I havenā€™t had any problems in PC2, but that ended last week. I AGAIN started having apparent control crosstalk, and spontaneous engine shutdowns. Throttle dropouts (apparently when I steer), and engine shuts off at Exact Same Spot on track at Nordschleife (I suspect due to steering input Iā€™m making). At Laguna Seca, throttle goes to idle when I approach turn 1, throttle returns when exiting turn 1). VERY WEIRD.

So Iā€™ve done the following to try to solve this problem, WITHOUT SUCCESS.

1. Run Windows 10 Control Calibration
  2. Run Steam File Integrity Check. No problems found. I do have Steam setting to automatically update programs, so I have to assume I have most recent updates on everything.
  3. Delete and then Install PC2 in Steam (twice-second time I also deleted all PC2 files on my PC). This seemed to help at Nordschleife, since no engine offs now, but I still have throttle dropouts apparently caused by control crosstalk, and no improvement at all at Laguna Seca.
  4. Tried moving my USB cables around to different combinations of ports.
  5. Installed a PCIe USB 3.1 card I had not used when I built my PC 9 months ago. This card has 4 USB 3.1 ports. I used all major control USB cables on this card (except mouse and keyboard), and also used a couple on the card and a couple on native PC ports. No change.

PS - I normally run PC2, but I have now been running some hours on ACC, with NO problems. Not sure what ACC control ā€˜assignmentsā€™ are, but thereā€™s no option to make a change in PC2 assignments anyway, unless you want to assign left or right buttons for steering! Yeah, right!

Has Anyone Ever had what seems to be this type of problem??? Have no idea what the problem is at all! Iā€™m about to try a W10 Repair. Otherwise, I can only think of a clean install of W10, which is a hassle.

Any feedback re: similar problems appreciated. Thanks.

Hello iā€™m pretty new to this device, and iā€™m mostly playing PC2, my question is, does somebody knows how to get rid of this ā€œgranular/jaggedā€ feeling when driving a car?

I was previously using a fanatec V2.5 wheelbase and everything was smooth no rumble noise but now with my SC2 pro there is always a rumble going on?

Thanks

I had the same issues when I set up pcars2 along time ago. But I donā€™t remember doing anything special to change the assignments. I know I just picked any random button to change it. By chance are you using vr?

The Reconstruction Filter (Recon Filter) is the first tool that you can use to smoothen out the raw effects.

really? Nice, thanks! Iā€™ll try that out!

I just read in the firmware update files that my wheel have resonance issues (iā€™m using the Simulaje F1S wheel) and from what i can tell the resonance is still present on my wheel. Iā€™m using the latest firmware update of true drive. Any ideas?

Thanks for responding. I remember you posting last year when I was getting my new SC2 set up with PC2. No, I havenā€™t tried VRā€¦ may do that in the future at some point.

The only other thing I have done since my last post was to check my W10 disc scan and repair from a command prompt, using ā€˜sfc /scannowā€™ This process didnā€™t find any corrupt W10 files.

So at this point, Iā€™m pretty much s***canning PC2. Lifeā€™s too short, and it reminds me of when I first started using/building PCs in the early '80s and beyond, which was a continuous hassle to set up hardware/software. So Iā€™ve been starting to use ACC and now AC. AC has a good Laguna track, and the newest AC PAK supposedly has an upgraded Laguna track. So youā€™ll probably catch me over on the AC and ACC threads here on Graniteā€™s website.
Thanks.

I only asked about vr because I remember it causing issues using up band width if I remember correctly and some usb cards donā€™t work correctly. We have sort of odd deal with all our add on hardware for sim racing. Some of the guys on here recommended some that they knew worked. Ive used a external one with its own power and never had an issues since getting it. You have to watch with those too though they arenā€™t all the same quality. Its a shame youre having so many issues getting it working.

Thanks for all the suggestions over the months, morpwr. I have seen a couple discussions here about USB expansion options. I may try a powered option at some point. I have a few driving pgms I havenā€™t tried since purchase, so after running AC and ACC yesterday some, I decided to try out Need for Speed, Hot Pursuit. Was unable to save control settings for either my SC2 or Ricmotech pedals, but I quit after 20min or so of trying. In the process, my system had to download a *.NET and maybe one or more other files. So after quitting NFS I decided it might be worth trying PC2 again. So I did, but no luckā€¦ control crosstalk or cutout problems still there. No problems in AC or ACC, so I may try NFS or PC2 again at some future time. Thanks again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anytime. Thatā€™s what the forums for. Only other thing I can think of for Pcars is make sure to delete the controller file before trying to set up a new one. Thatā€™s caused problems in the past.

PC 2 is a very strange game on the FFB front compared to other sim titles. Even if you manage to find a good balance between the True Drive and the in game settings for a certain vehicle, these settings might be worthless if you try another track even with the same car and definitely useless if you change vehicle. Having said that, i found that after lots of experimenting that you can reach to a point in the TD settings that would work in most cases and then you can adjust in game the volume and gain sliders to tune for each vehicle and even track.

I will share with you my settings later on (tonight when i am back at my house) which i believe should do the job for you. I think i have managed to remove the granularity in most cases.

Can somebody advise if they have managed to enable (if yes, how?) the Soft Lock in PC2?

Thanks alot bro! Iā€™ve also read the the simulaje F1S wheel is affected with some resonance, which is exacly the wheel i use.

But yeah it would be really cool to see you settings and go from that.

Iā€™ve used both custom presets from Hugo and Christiaan with good results, the best FFB Iā€™ve had with PC2 and Iā€™ve tried a ton of them. Still, the content in PC2 can be very inconsistent but, most cars require pretty extensive setup tuning just to get them to reach a decent baseline setup.

I generally start by loading the stable preset (car-setup) and tune from there but, the tracks vary a lot too, so expect to make adjustments.

hi all, some quick baseline td and ingame settings for pc2?