Project Cars 2 and Simucube 2

I would personally go in and take some screenshots of your current settings such as graphics and audio etc in order to get a new install up and running without having to remember how everything was set before.

If you have replays and screenshots that are valuable to you, make a note of where they are placed, then move them to somewhere safe so that you can place them back where they belong later on.

I’d then uninstall the game again. Once that’s done, look for those files left behind last time and remove them.

The other alternative before going fully nuclear is to search for the offending controller preset that seemed to remain present after your last attempt, delete that and then do a Steam file integrity check. That might just give you a fresh file that will accept remapping.

I guess it’s really a case of how much you want to hold onto your existing in game settings before going all out :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: I forgot to mention, did you check to see if you had fully removed the driver’s for your old wheelbase? I don’t know if them still being around might effect things, if they are?

I’ll definitely delete the project cars 2 document folder in documents next time. Does anyone know how to properly remove the local copy on the PC? I chose uninstall in steam and it just deleted the game in the library, didnt seem to remove any local files. Especially after I waited 6 hours fo fit do download to then not install it and it was just ready to play like I hadn’t deleted it with all my old settings remembered.

When you say remove the drivers do you mean in windows? or within PC2, apologies I haven’t done this before so not sure how to do it.

I don’t really know how you would go about ensuring all traces are removed from the PC, even after uninstalling via Steam apart from doing a manual search/delete of the remaining PC2 related files left behind in the C/Documents and steamapps/common folders.

There is also an option to switch off steam cloud synchronization before uninstalling which could be reenabled after the fresh install. How effective that would be is also debatable:

From within Steam
Right click on the game in question
Select “Properties”
Go to the “Updates” tab
Uncheck “Enable Steam Cloud synchronisation for {game name here}” checkbox

IGd0M

With regards to any residual Thrustmaster drivers you could go into the Windows Device Manager and have it show any hidden devices:

Once in the Device Manager window, select “View” then “Show hidden devices”
view-hidden-devices-3

If you see anything relating to your old T300, right click on that entry and remove/delete it. Pay particular attention to the section named “Sound, video and game controllers”

Hope that helps.

I created the code for the engine vibrations long time ago for the t300 and he added it on his own file without mentioning me. Hope it feels good on a direct drive :wink:

excellent, got it working. Thats a shame on not recognising you for your work on the T300, poor show.

I uninstalled the thrust master drivers and also removed the PC2 directory in documents before re-installing. Not sure which one helped but I now have FFB in PC2 finally. thanks all.

1 Like

Glad you got it working, Blair. I also am not sure how much uninstalling and reinstalling PC2 in Steam may have solved the problem I was having, since running a Steam file integrity check didn’t show any problems. So it was a frustrating process.

Very good job!

Congratulations! :clap:

Hm installing PC2 once again,havent played it really and iracing is giving me a hard time lately.
Is it any good?
The biggest issues i have with other games,i have ACC,Rfactor 2,RRE is too get the graphics good and that it runs smooth.
Few days ago i installed ACC again and after hours and hours of tweaking its still not good and then i lose intrest pretty fast,same with Rfactor…i cant get that game runnin normally.
My system isnt the problem normally since im running a I7 9700k,RTX 2080 with 32GB RAM.
Will try PC when its finished downloading.

With your pc the graphics on those games should be butter smooth. Maybe open a new thread to try to help you find the problem. Pc2 is really good but i only think it is good with custom ffb file.

I know it but its far from that…i fired up Rfactor 2 again and it looks like shit i cant say anything else,and its not running smooth also :neutral_face:.
Yeh maybe ill do that…ill try some tweaking first and i did find that FFB file yes and will try that later in PC2.

I m using Christiaan’s Pure FFB. But there are a lot of options. But i don’t have simucube 2 to know if it is good or not with that custom ffb file.

Something must be wrong with your hardware or software. Rfactor 2 isn’t the best in terms of graphics but shouldn’t look like shit and besides that, it doesn’t need that much of horsepower (in terms of hardware) to be running smooth.

Well after alot of tweaking i have rfactor now looking pretty good,so i think its really setup related.
Iracing looks great also,but thats the thing…iracing i setup in 10 minutes and it works and looks good,thats a bit the problem for me with the rest.

R3E is not that bad, AC (original, not ACC) is better still, esp with CSP and SOL, pure VR bliss.

RaceRoom has received more updates recently, physics and FFB-wise. The amount of content available is quite vast but, taking advantage of sale events is recommended. The title doesn’t bring cutting-edge graphics to the table but, very decent (imo) and offers VR support.

AC (with mod’s) is keeping the title relevant and versatile, certainly one of the top choices to have imo.

2 Likes

With Project Cars2, the custom presets by Hugo provide the best FFB I’ve experienced to date for the title. I chose the “Pure” version, reduced the FX level (PC2-FFB) to near zero, increased Recon Filter to eight with very good results. I now get a very good sense of front grip-loss / adhesion, good detail and a nice rubbery quality in FFB. The preset seems to require far less adjustment (Volume & Tone) from one car to the next than others I’ve tried.

I have tried PC but…like almost every other sim then iracing i cant get smooth graphics.
I have played dozens of games and for some reason i cant get a normal clear image on most…wich with my system should really not be a problem,so i gave up pretty fast already,same with ACC…that game looks stunning in replay yes but if i jump in the car its 1 big messy pile of blurriness a bit in distance.
Normal AC i have also but not installed,and i probably wont and stick too iracing.

Some titles respond better to over-riding the game settings (Graphics) by forcing options through the graphics-card driver settings. Be sure to disable features such as motion-blur and some filters that blur the image quality.

iRacing is good at providing clean graphics and appealing overall lighting. Many still consider it to have the best overall graphical realism of any racing sim because it covers the basics so well and stands up to the effects of high speed motion.

If you like graphics similar to iRacing, I think RaceRoom and AMS probably come the closest.

1 Like

Yeh motion blur etc i never have on,and iracing just looks fantastic for me yes and all that without much tweaking it just works.
ACC for example i really would have thought the graphics would be great…but its not,not for me atleast.
The bad AA hurts my head :skull_and_crossbones:,but whats most intresting is that in replay that game looks great and runs smooth till you go sit in the car :thinking: thats weird.

Although this is the thread for Pc2 and we may be a little bit off topic , i think that anyone that has used acc knows that as it is atm it still has various problems. I never had problems with the old assetto though.

1 Like

Yeh sorry were pretty much off topic indeed :D.