Project Cars 2 and Simucube 2

again, have you followed the steps i wrote today?

Yes, thanks. I selected Custom for the SC2, and Iā€™m very familiar with the PC2 assignment and calibration screens, which I used for the SC2 and also the Clubsport 2.5 I used before the SC2.

Never really cared for this title when I was using a CSW v2.5 but decided to give it another try tonight using some of the settings recommended in this thread and it feels great. Vintage porsche w/H-pattern at night, in the rain with a 30 car field at the Nordschleife in VR is amazing, give it a try.

then you must follow the other steps. there must be a reason why you are the only one who canā€™t do that, and i bet it has to do with the calibration procedure you are not following correctly.

You should try Christriaanā€™s Pure FFB
While it doesnā€™t fix everything but is a big improvement over native RAW and even Jack Spadeā€™s configs.

Hi againā€¦ hereā€™s what Iā€™ve done about my SC2/PC2 problem yesterday (Sunday afternoon), and this afternoon.

I decided it was time to do a Steam File Integrity check, which I did. Nothing was found, but Iā€™m not sure that Steam IDs missing files, or only IDs bad/corrupted files. So my next step was to Uninstall PC2 in Steam. I then shut down my computer, and restarted, and then Installed PC2 again from Steam.

This took all night, since I donā€™t have access currently to broadband ā€¦No Iracing! :frowning: It was still downloading the last 10% this morning, but was done this afternoon.

So after it was finished downloading, I then shut down my PC. Then I restarted. The first thing that I did was Calibrate the SC2 in Windows 10, before I ran PC2 or other simulators. Note that I had also done this after I first installed the SC2 a month ago, before trying to set it up in PC2.

Next I started PC2 in Steam. I set up a Custom Wheel in PC2 (Separate Pedals). I first went to the PC2 Assignments page. Like usual, I had no problem installing pedals or paddles, but had real trouble getting Left and Right steering assigned with the SC2! After messing with it for 15min, I again tried the method I used a couple weeks ago that seemed to work for me at that time. Namely, I uninstalled the pedals, and with only a keyboard, mouse, and SC2 installed, I attempted to assign steering.

But this method did not work for me this time. After messing with it for another 30minutes, including looking at SC2 drivers, etc. in W10 (HID and USB listed), I was FINALLY able to assign Left and Right steering by the following method:

Steer slowly 90 or more deg in direction, then snap the wheel back in the reverse direction. I think someone else suggested this method to me here a couple weeks ago. Didnt work for me at that time, but it did today!

So I reinstalled the pedals, closed and restarted PC2, and ran through the PC2 wheel and pedals calibration in-game. So I was ready to try a run at Laguna Seca in the Porsche GT3 RS. I started in 1st, left the pit box, AND I COULD FEEL SURFACE ROUGHNESS IN THE PAVEMENT AND WHEEL FORCES!!! YES!!!

I hadnā€™t eaten lunch, and it was after 4pm here in Az, so after some short running I quit PC2 and will finish resetting everything else in-game, probably tomorrow. BUT IT NOW WORKS! i was only using Graniteā€™s Project Cars 2 profile in Simple mode. But Iā€™ll try other modes tomorrow. Should work now!

My suspicion is that I may have accidentally deleted something that I shouldnā€™t have when I deleted the Clubsport 2.5 files/folders. So I guess everything was corrected when I reinstalled PC2 in Steam. Not sure why setting SC2 assignments is so difficult in PC2, but now that FFB is working, at least the turn slowly then snap back process immediately assigned my steering inputs.

I appreciate all the feedback from everyone! Very happy having PC2 working again. Sorry SuperMonaco_GP that I believe you lost your bet, but I do appreciate your feedback!

So I only have one other questionā€¦ I never felt surface detail with the Clubsport 2.5, only wheel force. Anybody feel surface detail, curbs, etc. with a Clubsport, Thrustmaster, etc. wheels? PC2 FFB may have been somewhat broken for me since the first time I downloaded it, if so. Thanks again!

4 Likes

Glad you made progress, 99.9% of the issues I have seen over many years with DD wheels is mostly user-related or PC SW/HW issues.

Anyway, relating to the quote above, no need to calibrate the controller in Windows, in-game is good enoughā€¦unless some sim is specifically asking for that, which I am not sure aboutā€¦

I am sure it has been mentioned already but you could also try this https://youtu.be/X3f_ESGjE2k links are in the description

Yes you can feel everything in the game clearly. Its actually one of my favorites. Just been playing ACC lately otherwise id be playing Pcars.

I remember back in the days when playing with FFB in PCars2, they said its best to test and tune the FFB on Oulton Park track. Thats one of the few laserscanned tracks in the game. I think 4 or 5 tracks are laserscanned, mostly the British ones. Rest are fantasy ā€œgoogle maps scannedā€ with canned FFB effects. .

pc2 has the worse ffb and physics among all major sims currently available.
tyre model is bad, under/oversteer fell is bad, ffb is very bad, the only hope are custom ffb files, which at least make the ā€œgameā€ playable, but man it is still bad physics wise.
I read an interview of Renato the boss of Reiza - which is currently working on AMS2 in collaboration with SMS - who said that the main problem of PC2 was the implementation of the actual cars data into the pc2 physics engine,

3 Likes

Thatā€™s ones opinion. It does a lot of things very well and some cars are very good. I donā€™t have any problems getting good usable ffb in it.

Thanks Beano - I was pretty sure calibrating in Windows was not reqā€™d, but I wanted to be thorough when I first installed SC2 and did it again this time, since I was pretty much getting desperate. So I just wanted to cover all bases and eliminate any possible issues as possible.

Yes, I have heard of thoseā€¦ and plan to try a few different ones.

Yes, I also heard that. I did try starting PC2 sessions with many different tracks, to see if it made any difference with my SC2 problems. It didnā€™t, but I will try Oulton at least to see what difference with the SC2 there may be. Thanks.

Here is what Jake Spades wrote regarding his FFB files.:

Reference - use the Porsche 911 GT3 or McLaren 650S GT3 at Oulton Park and Fuji, these are laser scanned tracks and have the natural road texture and normaly donĀ“t require the artificial road noise effect of the standard files.
Silverstone and Imola are non laser scanned tracks and are pretty flat and boring maybe, ideal to check what the road noise files do.

Original thread:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51628-Jack-Spade-Custom-FFB-Files

Thanks very much Boska!!!

1 Like

Hello, I have exactly these symptoms. I had a t300 rs gt setup before. After setting up the sc2 pro I get no feed back at all in PC2. But it works fine in iracing and ACC.

I havenā€™t deleted any profiles yet (not sure what to do there). I tried this with the existing PC2 FFB file and also I used the Hugo Vai FFB file, but both result in no FFB through the wheel in game. I am using the PC2 true drive setup and 100% volume, 50% gain in game.

currently uninstalling PC2 and re-installing and hoping it will be fine. I noticed when I asked to uninstall in steam it left all the files in the documents / project cars 2 directory. Should I delete all these (maybe keeping my records). Which files in particular should be deleted before re-installing?

unfortunately that didnt work. Iā€™m not convinced it uninstalled properly though. Steam never deleted the local files and when it finished re-downloading it was just ready to play, it never had to install. Also when I went into the game my SC2 and pedals were already mapped. So it looks like it never fully uninstalled. Same issues with no FFB. Any suggestions, even on how to fully uninstall the game? Every other title works with the SC2 fine.