New Simucube wheel adapters

In case they don’t make it, will you send them out separately later?

Think those wheels come with an optional adapter plate for 30 euro. I am thinking about the same wheel but the adapter plates are out of stock.

Another option is to get a 70mm spacer similar to this:

And attach the simucube adapter to the spacer and then attached the wheel side QR.

I NOW USE THE FANATEC MCLAREN MODIFIED USB TO WHICH I DON’T NEED THE ADAPTER 1 INCLUDED IN THE SC2, BUT IT IS TOO MUCH PLASTIC AND I WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE CERTAINLY WITH AR BUT I APPEAR THAT gr I SEND THE TWO NEW ADAPTERS AND THEN I WILL PROVIDE THE GEARBOX. I DO NOT PAY ANOTHER € FOR AN ADAPTER I SHOULD GET.

No worries, in such case, we’ll continue to offer rev2 parts for people who need them.

For me it would be important to also sell the 30mm spacers with the QR or separate. I now have the problem that I have one wheel with the spacer which works great but when I put on my 2nd wheel the distance does not fit nicely…

3 Likes

Same here I have two more wheels to mount but no spacers to do it.

I might try a diy solution:

These spacers:

And then M5 40mm bolts to go into the Martin Ascher adapter plate.

Cant find M5 30mm spacers which would be better but M6 should be fine too with washers.

So bolting the Martin Ascher adapter to the wheel and then the SQ2 wheelside adapter with the 40mm M5 screws with the spacers in between into the martin Ascher plate.

Will let you guys know how that works or not.

I’m not 100% sure but I believe Martin includes all of the bolts required to attach the qr in either an A or B configuration.

There is a picture showing the possible configurations on the adapter page that might be helpful.

Also, you could use M5 spacers made from nylon which are more commonly available compared to the metal type.

Any word on when the spacers will be available separately?

Nothing? Id like to be able to mount my other two wheels without having to come up with some butchered solution. I like the simple solution to the qr but some update on this would be nice.

2 Likes

@Tero any updates on the new adapters? ETA?

2 Likes

I do not get much hope with the new Rev2,
Has anyone thought that with the new 70mm adapter it will always be necessary to use a spacer when putting a rim on the front?

Now it will be mandatory to buy/include the spacer with any new SQR

5 Likes

Any news when the version 2 gonna be send to early buyer ?

1 Like

Yeah it would be nice to have an update on this. Im getting tired of only using one wheel. Especially seeing all I need is the spacer to mount them.

1 Like

I’m currently on holiday, but from what I know, there is a large batch of them arriving in time for the second and third production batches, and once we have sorted those production batches, we will gather the data from the form in the blog and get things moving.

4 Likes

Im not sure what you meant there. Does that mean there are spacers for the 2 batches only or does that mean those of us that got ours on the first batch will be able to buy the spacers finally?

Spacers will come in with the 2nd batch. That means they’ll start supplying them to 1st batch owners after the 2nd batch ships (1st week in August).

4 Likes

@Mika @Tero

Whats the status of the new adapters for early adopters? Filled out the form weeks ago but still can’t use my wheels and do not know whats going on even though you said they have arrived a couple of weeks ago.

Can you shed some light?

https://www.simucu.be/request-for-new-wheel-adapter

Handling the data from the form and organizing the shipment will be possible when we get a small break from organizing production of the next production batch.

1 Like

I have a question:
In the revision of the new QR, the holes of the 50-70 mm adapter were removed from the inner thread (the previous adapter had it). As the thread was removed, you must use a stop nut in case to use a front screw. Wasn’t it easier to leave the thread in the holes?

Regards

1 Like