Mige Sincos encoder coming soon

Still good value.:slight_smile: How come its not compatable with ARGON?

tomo is always ex vat

does anybody already know how the encoder cable will be wired to te db-15 connector?

You just have to replace the old encoder with the new one and connect your existing encoder cable to it.

no xD! the wiring will be different

The encoder update kit that Tomo is going to sell, is a direct pin-compatible replacement. The quadrature and sincos signals use the same pins in the DB15 connector.

lisa from mige told me that the wiring was different on their cablesā€¦ thats why i asked. iā€™ve order the encoder directly from mige.

Tomoā€™s encoder ships with the whole dust cover, so the wiring is going to be compatible with the cables he has shipped for SimuCUBE/IoniCUBE. Of course unless you specify what is the connection pinout you are going to use, the wiring can differ.

my osw is made by myself and cable came directly from migeā€¦ lisa told me that the wiring on the sin cos its not the same that was on the 10k encoder. thats why iā€™ve asked. donā€™t know if tomo has request a specific wiringā€¦ but this info could be usefull to someother people that made the osw by himself

just got the sincos wiring diagram from lisa! so no problem! iā€™ll post it here later!

1 Like

seems identical to previous wiring to meā€¦ so nothing to change. donā€™t know why lisa told me it was different

ā€œI believe that German encoder on a Chinese motor is called overkill without added value. But itā€™s up to you.ā€

Not exactly because they do work semi independently meaning that IF the german encoder does prove to be more accurate it will make the Mige servo betterā€¦ But there is no real way to know that until they are readily available.

ā€œStill good value.:slight_smile: How come its not compatable with ARGON?ā€

Because the Argon cannot use the SimuCUBE Firmwareā€¦

Based on my wiring Diagram that I tested out the wiring locations are the same on the new Mige SinCOS as they are for the 10Kā€¦ so they should work with no wiring modification.

1 Like

SIncos support was added to the argon 2.1.0 firmware.so it should work with the encoder no?
Wasnt asking about SimuCUBE.

the argon will work fine but the disco board wont be able to read wheel position at all.

1 Like

MMOS cannot read a SinCOS encoder so the Argon system cannot take advantage of the SinCOS positioningā€¦ The Argon itself can use the SinCOS but because the SimuCUBE Firmware will not work on the Argon there is no way to transfer positioning Data to the Game Controller.

1 Like

After a short delay the new 2048 Sincos Encoder from Mige will be available at the end of November, It is very easy to install and uses the existing data cable, the one we tested worked flawlessly defiantly worth the upgrade

1 Like

Just installed the sincos from Tomo (edit) first thing I noticed is a 80% reduction in servo noise :slight_smile: Anybody else find that ? or have I got placebo deafness?

What do you feel most?
Is it worth buying?
Is it noticeable improvement in sensations?