Mige Sincos encoder coming soon

Right Now I am mostly on PCars2 and iRacing. Check you AMP settings on Granite mine was low so I had to turn down my "power " slider.

I run at 55% with .45% damp and .25% Friction 900 deg rotation, also using Spades FFB settings.

Big Mige, Ioni Pro HC, ERN480.

I will post a screen shot of the settings tonight, for iRacing similar but I change things for each car as they are so different.

The difference should definitely be quite apparent when stepping up from the 5k encoder. I noticed quite an improvement from the 5k to the 10k / 40kppr.

One of the most important things here is how much definition you get without arm wrestling with your wheel.
In previous setup I had to raise the strength too high to get decent feedback but that also meant fighting too much with the wheel.
This effects your lap time in the long run. I prefer to fight less (still strong but not arm ripping strong), still get tons of feedback and don’t need to give up lap time over feedback.

Hi Guys,

Can anyone share a .drc file to get maximum torque for following configuration:

Small Mige + 2mil sincos mige encoder
Ioni Pro HC
SDR 480

Thank you.

simracebay - downloads ??? I Don’t know its working because I have no sincos

Feel free to use upgrade manual with needed files :slight_smile:

https://www.simracingbay.com/product/sincos-encoder-for-mige-motors/

1 Like

Today I installed my Heidenhain SinCos encoder from simtronix and now I have a weird behaviour in Dirt Rally.
In the menus the wheel is slightly oscillating (a few mms) as soon as DR starts and the friction filter in SimuCube is turned on (amplitude is proportional to the filter setting) - it stops as soon as the stage is starting.
Even when I quit DR the oscillation is present in the windows desktop until I move the friction slider to 0%.

This was definitely not happening with the standard 40k encoder of the small Mige. It could be that there was a slight ffb present with my G25 that was maybe to small for the old encoder, but I can‘t renember exactly.

R3E and AC don‘t have this issue, so not sure if any other game would show.

Tried several Recon filter settings, but there was no change.

I have that same oscillation in Pcars2 in the menus with the AccuForce so it may not be isolated to the OSW-SimuCube.

I have a feeling that the filters go somewhat unstable in some situations. I will investigate this soon.

Oh how I missed that? Thank you Tomo.

Hi everybody. Today i installed the SinCos encoder from Tomo.

Everything worked fine apart from loading the new Small MiGE SinCos settings for the higher resolution.

I cannot connect the SimCube with Granity, please see attached picture.

I have Granity 1.13 and i pressed enable ioni configuration in Configuration Tool.

In configuration tool i can see my device.

Please hep me about the coonnection problem. Thank you very much.

Like the error message says, you need to download a new version of Granity.
https://granitedevices.com/wiki/Granity

I already have the latest version from Granity, 1.13 is installed, i cannot see a newer one?

Ah yes, true. I didn’t look at the screenshot closely enough.

Is that COM3 port really the correct one? It doesn’t say anything about simplemotion adapter in that. Are there other COM port options available?

Could it have to do with some driver missing or something maybe?

Attached you can see the device manager and the available com ports.

COM3 is the only one where Granity tries to connect, but always tell me something about argon in the available list.

Any ideas please? I connceted with my notebook, not with my main pc, but this shouldn’t make any difference.

Attached you can see the options from COM3. I reinstalled the drivers and tried different usb ports too. I have no idea what’s the problem.

You will need to install FTDI Virtual COM Port Drivers for that UART device in the Device Manager that has the Yellow exclamation mark.

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

Ah, thank you very much. Completely my fault, sorry for this. I forgot that i had to install this driver on my racing pc when i switched to the new firmware. Thank you very much for your fast help, maybe Tomo can integrate this in his tutorial too.

Tried and it worked without problems now. Thank you.

One last thing, is it possible that you integrate in the next firmware release the degress symbol ° in for the profiles, that we can use for example rFactor 2 540° for profile names?

Thank you for everything.

The profile names are stored as 8-bit ASCII characters in the memory, and I deliberately limited the characters so that only the characters that are usually needed and that have most likely the same decimal (and hexadecimal) value in every character set around the world. This is to ensure that user won’t ever be able to type 16-bit characters on to that field, as that would then start to overwrite other settings data with the profile name quite easily.

I will investigate whether the degrees symbol is always defined in the correct way and try to add it.

Thank you, this would be a nice update as for example in rF2 you need so many different degress settings and the symbol ° would make the profiles more nicer to look on it. Thank you Mika for your time! )