Mige Sincos encoder coming soon

change with 2080 mige sincos is massive too

Yes the crosstalk noise is a strange thing as it seems to vary greatly from servo to servoā€¦ My Particular Large Mige has ALWAYS been virtually dead silent but I have helped others set up their units and some have very slight hums to pretty loud whinesā€¦ It is actually very strange and the only thing I can really attribute it to might be Manufacturing tolerance differences in the servoā€¦

The lack of difference in feel may be due to the lower filtering that you use as I think where these access most is in being able to apply the filtering with limited error in application.

Out of curiosity are you using lower or higher power with the Mige (ie where do you have your strength slider set and what amperage is on the IONI) the reason is I wonder also if some of the effects are negated at lower power levels as the driver is able to turn the wheel quicker anyway where when you run more power you tend to let the ā€œcar do the workā€ and you guide the wheel. which is a completely different driving style and changes the way things feel.

1 Like

There is nothing to agree or not. Donā€™t get me wrong :slight_smile: Itā€™s two different experience with different games and context.

In my case, I tried same car, same wheather condition, same track same everything even switching back. I was on a well trained combo, able to make 30 laps in a range of 2-3 tenths.

I have not doubts you and other guys benefit from this encoder but it was not my experience.

Yes, maybe it depends on the low filtering Iā€™m using.

For the question about strenght. Iā€™m the kind of simdriver that benefits from a really present wheel. Iā€™m using the small mige at 65% MMC (ā€œautoā€ in iracing in order to have near all the forces on the track and anything higher) with a 26cm wheel diameter, GTE car.

Vincenzo, quindi siamo dā€™accordo ma in disaccordo, LOL il mondo eā€™ bello percheā€™ eā€™ varioā€¦

Esatto! perĆ² dimmi il tuo nome altrimenti ĆØ una lotta impari :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you tuning the 12.86 MMC on the IONI? if so it sounds like you are at pretty average power levels in iRacing as I am guessing your Auto setting in iRacing probably gets set somewhere around 28-33 Nm. so approx a .433:1ā€¦ so that probably messes up that theory as I know a lot that have felt a difference at that sort of power levelā€¦ Personally I found the difference on the Small Mige to be more remarkable than on the Large Mige but I also found that the Large Mige could produce the same general feel as the Small Mige with the SinCOS using the 40K. Granted this was using the Heidenhain SinCOS so I have no clue on or if there are any differences that may cause a difference in feel.

I tend to run about .6:1 while I drive for all cars which for the Small Mige would be 100% on the strength slider with MMC at 12.86 and the iRacing slider fixed at 33Nm.

You donā€™t generally NEED to use the Auto and it could screw up your strengths if the iRacing slider goes below the estimated power output of the SimuCUBEā€¦ granted I donā€™t think any car will ask for under 13Nm (which is what you may have the Max output of your system at with the 65% strength) on the slider except maybe the more street level cars (Miata, Solstice, Jetta) Setting the slider at about 55 or above will pretty much give full telemetry on all cars available on iRacing.

Pietro eā€™ il mio nome

1 Like

Yes the Ioni is tuned at 12,86. I tried one month ago a big mige of a friend in his cockpit but different settings, different wheel rim does not let me feel/separate differences. Maybe Iā€™m just not so sensible :slight_smile:

I prefer use auto setting or in general put the slider in order to exploit everytime near the max force I can at this MMC level. I only use 2-3 different cars and I do not want to feel them differently because now, if use the motor at lower, I feel I miss the right power to control the car. I know Iā€™m loosing differences among carsā€¦ We just discussed this in the iR forum about Formula 3 real experience so do not want to bother even more.

Maybe in the next month, when I have the right occasion, I will try a >3000/4000 line sinocs encoder on my mige to see if there is differences in feeling for me.

Last question, do you feel the sincos vs 40k comparison is also affected by reconstruction filter level?
thank you

sensible should be sensitiveā€¦ Sensible is actually something a little differentā€¦

That is understandable if you want the cars to feel similar in power levels and what you are doing is the best method to accomplish that as you are keeping the cars 100% all at or around the same levelā€¦

As for the Reconstruction filter everything is affected by it since it is an input filter, meaning that the processing and upscaling of the signal takes place prior to it actually reaching the steering wheel Drive Controller which is where the TBW, Friction, Dampening, and Inertia filters are added inā€¦ the encoder of course is basically there just to tell the system where the wheel is in relation to its index and with that the more points generally should give more positional acuity.

1 Like

:smile: a brutal translation from italian

LOL I figured but I thought I would commentā€¦

Hi everyone,

So finally if I have a 2048 line encoder and I setup FBD to 256x, the FBR is 2048x256 = 524.288 PPR?

Thanks,

yes, and I need to add that you can find it on the wiki guide (I had to write this because there is a minimum 20 letters to write a reply) :slight_smile:

1 Like

So here is my2c on the ERN480 Encoder on a Big Mige.
Moving from the 10K encoder just for reference, I dialed it all the way up 3.7 Million CPR.

Initial response was wow, everything comes through the wheel now, and I mean EVERYTHING, you can almost feel the paint on the track through the wheel and I dont mean slippage, I mean the edgeā€¦

Different tracks and different cars have more or less of the above, the scanned tracks are now incredibly detailed, to the point I will decrease the volume or increase the filter to avoid sensory overload.

So what does this all do for you, yes it increases the immersion effect, but does it make you faster? I can say that I am about 1-2 tenths quicker now than before, its not a lot but, in the scheme of things it is huge for qualification and consistency.

4 Likes

Anyone know where I can get a short Simucube to Mige encoder cable?

about 0.5 Meters would be ideal

very good to hear man but this thing is every day more strange to me.

Only today I read you opinion that is really positive and I had two pm of two different users, one with sinocs 2048 and one with ern480 that felt no differences at all.

Some people says it is night and day, some that do not feel differences, no half measures.

There must be here some particular setting (or difference in game used) that makes the difference sensitive or not, or it is difficult to explain what is happening other wayā€¦

Drizute, what game did you test?

I am on the ā€œChange is massiveā€ camp. (ERN 480 3600 lines) Small Mige.
Coming from 40.000CPR encoder.
I do Iracing.

Vincenzo for me the big difference is in Rfactor 2, try for example the DTM from URD or the GT3 from ISI with the 2 encoders, is not possible that you do not feel the difference.
Effects more defined and FFB less strong on the curb, it is easy to recover the car in oversteer, ecc.
These are 2 examples of cars I have tried, but I am sure other combos could be tested with the same results
ps grazie per la spedizione dellā€™adattatore

I installed the encoder last night and I do not notice a big difference, tested in rFactor2 with the USF2000, and I come from a 5k encoder.

Something softer but with less definition, I had to raise the strength. Drizute or Tolgaā€¦ can you share yours settings?