Mige Sincos encoder coming soon

Just tried the 2048 encoder.

Coming from the 40K, WOW.

I don’t use any filtering on either, and still there’s a huge difference. I can drive much closer to the absolute limit now.

Edit: mentioning torque bandwidth here was confusing, greater bandwidth would allow the SinCos to shine even more

1 Like

One thing with the SinCOS is that due to the way the reconstruction filter works and the smoothed information I do feel that using the SinCOS without using unlimited on the TBW will not allow you to receive the full effect of the SinCOS improvement… I suggest running Unlimited anyway when using the reconstruction filter at all because it brings out a bunch of detail that was essentially masked in the roughness of the input signal.

i have this fault in granity since last days with the sincos encoder:
3001: Hall sensors are enabled but no valid signals present (all hall inputs 0’s or 1’s which is illegal state)

can someone point me what to look for? encoder cable its ok because it works fine with the 10.000ppr old encoder

The sincos encoder, as far as I know, does not have HAL sensors.

the settings for sincos is correct and reverting back to the old encoder its fine… don’t know.

Was on 0.9.4, had to update to 0.9.5 to get the Configuration Tool to understand that I wasn’t using 40.000 CPR anymore. Everything was setup 100% correct in Granity for the encoder, tried redoing the config a lot of times, and it still thought it was in 40.000 mode until the firmware upgrade.

Made the wheel go crazy because it still thought it was on 40000 while receiving 2.000.000+. :smiley:

Finally i got sincos encoder for my small mige.
Stand still hissing noise is completely gone now.
I immediately test Porsche whit Barthurst track in iracing and only complaints i has whit this system was gone.
No sharp spikes, only smooth driving.
If you don´t have this encoder get it.

How is the hissing under high load?

Nothing yet. So far so good…

does it also help with oscillation ?

Where are you guys getting your encoders? Seems like they are sold out everywhere!! :frowning:

Are you in the USA? I will be ordering some motors etc. from Mige after Chinese new year is over. I could possibly add an encoder on the order for you.

if your in Australia Brett from HRS will be able to help you get a Sin Cos Encoder from Mige.

I got it from Simracingbay.

Hey Joe

I’m in Canada. do you know if the encoders from Mige come with the metal cover like the ones from Simracingbay? https://www.simracingbay.com/product/sincos-encoder-for-mige-motors/

Yah, that’s where I was going to get it but it seems they won’t have any til April…

Hi Pete,

Yes it is the same. Simracingbay gets theirs from Mige also.

I have my orders Air shipped because it takes so long to receive them by cargo boat so it is more expensive because of shipping.

Let me know what you want to do.