iRacing and SimuCUBE

Brion Sohn has done some good guides for info.

I have never heard of anyone playing with the app.ini file setting you are discussing. It will be interesting if you found something Magic! :slight_smile:

What motor and encoder do you have with your SC1?
Small Mige will be more active and large Mige will be more dampened and dull.

What NM are you set at in iRacing? A good range is 50-60nm and adjust the overall force in the SC1 Software to get the wheel how heavy you want.
Need to make sure you are not clipping the detail.

Oh yes been following Brionā€™s guides for years! Heā€™s a good bloke.

I bought a MiGE 130ST-M10010 off Sim-plicity about 3 years ago. I do run 50-60 for the GT cars and 40-45 for the Porsche GT4 and cup car. Open wheelers Iā€™m still testing.

In Rfactor2 and ACC its superb but as I said Iracings FFB for me is heavy and dull. I mean last night I was ready to jack it all in as I trying to practise in the AMG but the hairpins at Donington where driving me nuts! I couldnā€™t feel anything from the back end and it kept on slipping out. Till today that is!!

What you have found basically is what it says it isā€¦ At the cost of a little Latency (processing time) it averaged 6 samples from the 360Hz telemetry system into the 60Hz sentā€¦ It is sort of like a pre-smoothing system. it is generally off for speed of information flow. in many cases it wonā€™t make much difference to the feel so I am surprised that you have had such a dramatic fell change with itā€¦ but it can help eliminate some spikiness which also strangely would dull the signal.

I am guessing that your settings are with the Newest Firmware as they would be quite high for the pre 1.0 and you mention CFā€¦ Generally my feeling is that the Small mine required little to no Inertialā€¦ If you translate the settings that I came up with along time ago to the small mige they would be:

Damping - 22%
Friction - 7%
Inertia - 0%
with Recon - 5

honestly I am not sure they would be much better than what you have but a reduction in Friction and Inertia will add response to the wheel and lighten it up a bitā€¦ His inertia settings resist turn-in weighting the wheel while friction adds overall weight to the wheel so both of those things being higher add weight where you say you are not wanting it.

Brion thanks for the reply mate, it really has changed the feel for me in Iracing plus I can run a lower recon setting without the notchyness you would normally feel. Still doing testing but finding 3-4 to be pretty good for me. Yes using the latest firmware so will try no inertia.

Hi all,

I can image that this question is raised already a million of times but recently I have started using iRacing again. I was wondering if anybody has a link where I can find current good settings with the latest firmware of Simucube? Also who is using iRFFB and who not and why? I know that the settings a personal preference but itā€™s hard to find a good baseline since most videoā€™s and settings look outdated. Iā€™ve tried the settings of Augury but they donā€™t seem to work for me. I always felt that iRacing is missing a lot of details in itā€™s FFB compared with AC and ACC. Current settings in Simucube are the ones of SKeijmel

Lower the reconstruction filter if you want to feel more detail.

Be aware if you set the filter real low or off some of what you feel is not necessarily FFB from the Sim. some of what you will be feeling is signal noise.

Also in iRacing set the force up to 50-60nm and lower force in Simucube software to your liking.
In theory in iRacing the higher the overall strength of the wheel will determine the amount of detail you feel.

1 Like

Is there any sweet spot for the reconstruction filter? Iā€™ll already try and see what it says. Thanks Joe!

Hey Dennis
I used to use much higher recon, but in the last few months I went back to a version of older settings that I prefer. This is with a Biss-C encoder, but these may not feel the same with the older 10K encoders that came with the device when I got mine in 2017.
As you can see I am running lower power in the Simucube, so that I can make sure most cars in iRacing are within 50-65NM since thatā€™s the sweet spot to get as much detail from iRacing as possible.

1 Like

You are very welcome Dennis.

Many people liked a reconstruction filter of 5.
Key is to also have iRacing set 50-65 like mentioned above.

Cool, I going to try this cause yesterday I fiddled around with some settings in combination with the irFFB and since then my ffb is complete gone. When I use other titles such as AC & ACC the FFB is still working like it should. Iā€™m really having a hard time with iRacing. BTW Iā€™m still using the old enconder the10k version. Do you guys also use the irFFB or is it overkill?

I do not use irFFB, have tried it in the past but to be honest I never really noticed any real difference.
Changing a few sliders in the Simucube software should not have killed your FFB completely, and you should have been able to return them if it did, so thatā€™s odd. Unless you were in the actual Granity software poking around with settings not in the Simucube desktop app?
If you still donā€™t have any FFB you can always run the Simucube setup again from the app, which likely will resolve things.

Or if things still donā€™t work, then try this option on the ā€˜Advancedā€™ tab, but backup your profile settings (I would take an image of slider positions using Win 10 snip and sketch tool rather than backing up the profiles just in case something in the profile is corrupt):

When I removed the iRacing profile in Simucube and recreated one with your settings it was top notch.
So that did the trick for me. However the settings are better now it still notice a difference with my old setting that are gone. I think I still have to play around with the settings in the hope finding some really good setting. Thanks for your assistance @GlobeSpy

Glad itā€™s working better. If you still feel some unwanted ā€˜wheel noiseā€™ due to the 10K encoder, maybe increase recon to 4 or 5 should smooth things.
Cheers.

1 Like

As @GlobeSpy mentioned with the 10K it is a bit noisier in feedback than the BiSS so there might be reason to either use a higher Recon or even irFFBā€¦

In practice if you want a straight feedback recreation irFFB is not needed when using the Reconstruction Filterā€¦ HOWEVER, if you do wish to use any of the telemetry effects that irFFB offers you will of course need to run itā€¦

The 60-65 Max Force number still applies to use through irFFB, the difference is that number is set in irFFB instead of iRacing.

Can it compensate the issue with losing of tracking, when you touch the Valve Index?

Any one an idea, what are that problem with iRacing and also DirtRally2.0

Do you have in-game damping effect turned on in iRacing?

No, i donā€™t.
Its starting long before, you on track.
Here are a 30 Sek. video and photo from the settings.

How are your directInput effects set up? Are you using IRFFB or any other third party software?

Youā€™re right,
when iRacing are started, ā€œFrictionā€ are the problem.
When you set it to 200% its louder to hear.
And its the only effect that active.

2021-03-23 10_22_58-Simucube Configuration Tool