iRacing and SimuCUBE

Its coming! :slight_smile: we discussed it with Nick a month ago last time.

1 Like

+1 for the irffb integration

+1 for the irffb integration

irffb changed my experience completely.
It would be great to have it embedded.

Yes, this is a must. irFFB has made the simucube awesome in iRacing. I was very close to selling and buying a CSW.

instead of selling your osw and getting a csw which would be totally ridiculous lol, you should have done some research for good settings there are plenty of topics and youtube videos about it.

for starters set your Rcon to 8 doesnt, it matter if you use 60hz from iracing or 360hz ffb rate from irffb.

the signals of any game are so bad that it needs such an amount of filtering.

this video explains it all

1 Like

Not ridiculous, I know a couple of people that have sold their simucube for a CSW and gone faster and have left game compatibility issues behind.
Iā€™ve tried your settings and donā€™t like them.

1 Like

lol there are no compatibility issues, and noone becomes faster from a different wheel / buying a csw. this only proves they canā€™t drive in the first place :wink:

and iracing works fine even without irffb. default 60hz ffb with rcon 8 is perfect.

sorry dude, but I donā€™t agree. Plenty of games that donā€™t work properly with simucube, Raceroom, Wreckfest, etc.

Using Rcon8 just removes all the detail so you may as well just have a low end wheel.

1 Like

lol thats not detail thats just signal noise. what you think that are details are none thatā€™s just signal noise
those notches you wanna feel is just the 360hz or 60hz signall thats no feedback. pleaseā€¦

raceroom works fine

sorry dude :wink:

1 Like

Raceroom doesnā€™t work properly (like if you touch a wall the steering stays skewed) unless you make some specific changes , you canā€™t just load up these games and go racing like you can with a fanatec wheel.
Signal noise on the FFB? ok.
If everyone said things were great with simucube, when they clearly arenā€™t, then nothing would be improved.

Oh and if a wheel doesnā€™t make you faster then why is everyone spending thousands on DD wheels? And itā€™s not just the immersion.

Raceroom not working is not actually a device issue. The game just sends outrageous parameters. We have tried to be in contact with their developers several times, and they havenā€™t replied to emails. They just donā€™t want things to work correctly.

2 Likes

But to the end user it doesnā€™t matter where the incompatibility is, if a game works with a fanatec or thrustmaster wheel and doesnā€™t with a simucube then what are they to think?
I pretty much only race in iRacing now, one because itā€™s the best sim game out there but also I donā€™t have the problems that arise in other games with the simucube.

1 Like

True. I apologize for my above post.

Perhaps I should write them a letter :slight_smile:

@Mika if you check in the Sector3 forums, Iā€™m pretty sure youā€™ll get a response from either the physics guy or one responsible for FFB.

Yes, RaceRoom does have a couple of issues however, with the right settings, it can work pretty well and there are new developments in physics, telemetry, and track surface details in the works which should contribute to even better FFB in the future.

hi I installed IRACING today ā€¦ i have a dd small mige 20nm i tried to set following your parameters and it seems that everything works, but i have a small problem, both inside the bo and in the game i have a ā€œvibration that lasts 5 secondsā€ and then he goes away and returns at random ā€¦ what should I do?

This is from a year ago.
Unless irFFB is not integrated into iRacing and I just missed it, has this idea died?
Or has it fallen into the iRacing time-frame of ā€˜Soonā€™.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

It has not died, but there are insufficient resources to focus on just one game at the moment.

1 Like

iRacing seems to be the one that has grown the fastest if you look at member numbers and participation, the service has exploded in popularity.
But I understand limited resources.
Thanks Mika.

Iā€™m having exactly this same issue. Iā€™d almost say the FFB is working in reverse, like in rf2 where you have to make the FFB value negative to make it work correctly.

I feel the car is pulling the wheel into the direction of turn not resisting it.

Hello Guys

Sorry if this sounds like a ramblings of a mad man but sometimes Iracing makes me go crazy!! :crazy_face:

Since I bought my Simucube1 OSW (Small midge) a few years ago I have been in the pursuit of FFB perfection. My go too sims are Iracing, AC, ACC and Rfactor 2. Each of these sims have their plusā€™s and drawbacks for us but because of Iracings SR/Irating and comp servers its my go too sim. The only thing I really dislike about it is the physics/FFB! I know its an older engine and we have to play with the 60 Htz signal but to me all I feel is heavy steering with not much detail and drives me crazy! But I found this line in the App.ini

steerAverageSteeringTorque=1 ; True averages 360 Hz data down to 60 Hz, false uses last sample

Donā€™t know if Iā€™m feeling a placebo effect but when I set this to 1 it instantly transforms the FFB. I can feel what the back end of the car is doing, actually feel the weight transfer and Iā€™m able to set the recon filter to 3 or 4 without it feeling like I have a bag of rocks in my steering column. I mean its not perfect as there is not much road effects but need to do more testing.

Does anyone already have this turned on? Anyway it could the case Iracing has finally driven me over the edge haha

My simucube settings are
Recon - 3
tbl - unlimited
Cf disabled
Damping - 10%
Friction - 10%
Inertia - 15%

If anyone can suggest better settings to provide more detail I would be most appreciated