iRacing and Simucube 2

Raimond,

I tried your setting last night on a SC2 Ultimate and really like them. This was in the AMG GT3 for what it’s worth.

I too have some minimal experience in tin tops on track, and I think you’ve hit on something with those settings.

Thanks for posting

2 Likes

Thanks for posting your settings I gave them a go earlier today in the Formula Renault 2.0 and it felt good. It was different from what I have been using so far I’ve only had my Pro for a week I’m going to give the Benz a try tomorrow. I’m new to Direct Drive and I’m looking forward to tweaking my own profiles but I’m also interested in trying other users settings to see what they like.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback guys, glad you liked the settings. In the coming weeks I hope to find some time to further tweak my settings, including playing with the ingame strength vs TD strength and the app.ini
If I find anything worth sharing, I’ll update my settings here.

2 Likes

thank you very much, very much appreciated your sharing and I wait for other info.ciao

Where do you posted your settings? didn`t found them but am curious to compare them with mine

I believe it’s post #50 in this thread.

1 Like

I place those that I use with Radical and that I feel good. I’m a friend of mine

I found that the Audi RS3 TCR needed a change in settings from what I use on the F3. I came up with this after some testing. It’s not perfect yet but it felt pretty good to me in a race last night :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is here stock car/Nascar/truck fans on road oval? I tried with sc 2 Iracing( I think those are similar as Beanos gt setup?)setup stock cars and adjusted game ffb to 45/25nm. It feels great but thinking about if there something more to try?

Sorry for this extremely noob question but this is my first DD wheel. Do you have to match Nm bar in iRacing the same as the one in truedrive? And if this is out i.e. 8Nm in iRacing and 15Nm in truedrive would this cause clipping and make the unit beep?

Sorry for being dumb :man_facepalming:t2:

The iRacing Nm bar tells the force level from iRacing telemetry, at which iRacing tells the wheel to output full force to the wheel. So it sets the clipping point in the simulator. Lower value = stronger forces, more clipping.

45 Nm is a good starting point which will not cause clipping in most of the cars in iRacing.

Then you can adjust the overall strength according to your preference in True Drive.

4 Likes

Hi guys, i´m testing some ffb/filter settings in iRacing with my SC2 Pro with irFFB and True Drive and i get heavy oscillating at higher speed when i use it.

Without irFFB i have this grainy feeling when i move my wheel, even on Recon 8 (which is too much for my taste).
The grainy feel is gone only with Recon 10 which is way too much for my taste. I like Recon 5 the most but then i have too much noise in my ffb.

So i started testing with irFFB with vjoy to get direct modes with minimized latency.
That works quite well, even with Recon 1 all the grainy feel is gone.

Unfortunately it induces heavy oscillating, like i said before.
I tried to compensate with damping/friction/inertia in True Drive but no luck.

Any ideas?

What does irFFB do in that direct mode? Does it just output the 360 Hz telemetry directly to the wheel? If so, it adds 29ms of latency which adds to oscillations.

I found this on their Project page:

1 Like

so it just upsamples the FFB with lag, similar to the Simucube Reconstruction Filter does already on hardware level, without lag?

maybe you should post your TD settings here so we can have a better understanding of what you’re doing?

Maybe, i don`t know. I´m not an expert, just comparing different settings with my feel.

The grainy feel is much less with Recon 1 and irFFB direct mode 360 than with Recon 6 or even 8 but without irFFB.

@Raimond: Im not talking about a defined TD Setting, im testing all day long (as i am on holidays) so i tested all the filters with or without irFFB.

Anybody have Audi TCR setting to share?

Didn’t Raimond post one just a few posts up?

1 Like

The thing that I have found with many people is that thouse that like lower recon filters tend to like lower Specific outputs… My theory on this is that the lower Recon levels and the vibration that comes through from the signal translates into a pseudo road texture as it does change with other forces applied… As you run higher specific outputs this vibration becomes too much to bear as the actual telemetry road information starts to come through at an amplitude that can be felt… along with an amplified vibration… therefore as you go stronger in force it is generally desirable to lower the signal vibration… it in turn makes the wheel more drivable at higher strength levels and with that you get more true details from the telemetry that are different than those that you get at low Power/amplitude with the vibration effect.

Many people will find something in between that they like… I find that 8 for me is a little to dull but 5 or 7 is about correct… I do think if you are running 9 or 10 you may find that things start to get delayed due to the additional processing at those levels.