iRacing and Simucube 2

You just went into that discussion.
And just to be clear, I wasn’t disrespectful. You just chose to be immediately offended.
Of course you can run any setting you want, it’s your choice. I was just asking.

There is noise, you just have to fix it differently. And you can fix it differently. There is no need to use recon higher than 4 to get a non-oscillating wheel while preserving all the details.

Recon 8 will smooth out (almost) all the details. I don’t understand why people try to discuss about that.

1 Like

@Leandros

:slight_smile: just to let you know … I must be one of the dumbest guys then.
I have big mige, and in Iracing I run the following:

iRacing:
32Nm
35% dampening (original dampening and not the new fancy ones set in app.ini)
smoothFFB set to 0.4 (!) in app.ini
custom forcemap to loosen high force peaks and boost a little center feeling

simucube:
94% (or 88%)
recon 6 or 8
dampening 2.5% (25% for the new simucube 2 owners)
(direct-input smoothing 100% of course)

this is “my” recipe for a wheel feeling that makes me feel in a real car.

note: i play vr and full-motion rig, so maybe I get several details from motion and I don’t like them on the wheel…in the end…each their own…

cheers,

Paolo

3 Likes

Leandros - Do you like Blondes or Brunettes ? Larger Women or Waifs, by definition anyone who doesnt like what you like has no taste in women ???

What I like is not necessarily what you like, my measure is simply what makes me faster, if thats Recon 1 and 1million NM that’s whats good for me…

I do like trying others settings, and actually changed from something similar to yours, thanks BSohn… to something more dampened, mostly coz I was faster ??

1 Like

I have a problem in Bathurst with GT3 cars at the dipper.
The dipper is a corner on top of the mountain, where you steer left, the car falls in a depression (dip) and while this happens you have to steer right. At that moment I get a hit in my wheel and the motor makes a whine noise. I tried several settings and I always have that problem. Sometimes is also happens when car is understeering and I open the steering very fast. I have no problems when I’m waving very fast on the straight.

If there is a fast steering movement involved (as I think there is in that corner), then maybe the hands off detection is being triggered. Check the setting on the Hardware tab in True Drive.

Hi,
There is actually a pretty severe depression /dip in the track on the left-side at the apex of that left-hander, which also impacts on the suspension of the car. You know if you hit it just spot-on, it allows quick direction-change for the right-hander, if you hit it wrong, it turns you into the left-hand wall.

So make sure what you are feeling isn’t due to that depression in the track. Yes, I have physically walked around the track and studes that part in detail, as I always was slow as hel through there. Much better now after physically walking around it and looking at racing-lines IRL.

I suspect what you are feeling is the nuances of iRacing FFB update-rate and DD wheels in general.

Cheers,
Beano

@ Beano,
the noise that the wheel creates worries me more than the FFB behavior

@Mika: hands off detection is on “high” What do you suggest?

Switch it off just for testing.

Put HandsOffDetection to OFF for iRacing

whats the purpose of the HandsOffDetection? Is it a safety feature?

Yes, it shut OFF power and beeps When no hands on wheel, but for iracing I found it not useful because we are driving with 2 bumpstops (iR one and TD bumpstops)

OK, I disabled HandsOffDetection and the strange behavior is gone. TY!

1 Like

This is also explained in the User Manual, which is available from the website. Maybe we have to make it more visible?

Not meaning to be sexist but most of the people in here are men and as you are aware… “we dont need no stinking manuals” :rofl:

1 Like

Only manual we need is 6 speed

1 Like

Your response strikes home with me. Being very new to computer gaming I can tell getting all this equipment to work together so I can do iracing and flight sims is not easy. I may actually have to read the manuals. I hope it’s not as bad as when I got my last new car. It came with three books totaling over 1,000 pages written by persons for whom English is a second or third
language. There was nothing quick about the Quick Start Guide.

Arc

for me there was no relationship between my problem and the HandsOffDetection

@ARC - Thats what you Tubes for now!!!

1 Like

But you said the problem was gone after setting the hands-off detection mode off… I’m confused now!

sorry, my mistake. I tried to answer Mika that I was reading the user manual but that was no help for me.
The solution was asking in this forum and indeed deactivating the HandsOffDetection is the solution for my problem.

3 Likes