iRacing and Simucube 2

Yes that is true and you can go crazy finding the clipping point that works best for each car as you would have to have BOTH the settings in iRacing right and the settings at your wheel correct for each and every car you dirve… So my suggestion if you are trying to find a clipped method of extraneous force control that you use a three tiered method by grouping cars of like output… i.e. say if you want a .45:1 Specific Output (45% of telemetry @ the Wheel Force)

MAXFORCE Setting / Wheelbase power

Low Force Cars - 17Nm / 7.65Nm
Medium Force Cars - 33Nm / 14.85Nm
High Force Cars - 65Nm / 29.25Nm (or maximum your wheel can output) - this will lower the specific output in favor of fidelity if you do not have a wheel capable 29.25Nm. if you want to favor the Specific Output you would have to lower the MAX FORCE to match your MAX Wheel Output by dividing your MAX wheel output by the Specific output you want to get the MAX FORCE Nm setting… (25Nm / .45 = 55.556Nm MAX FORCE @ .45:1)

hi guys quick question, what type of bumsptop (soft, medium, high) are you using with iracing now? (off course for the ones who updated to 2020.7). do you also set a bumstop range greater than the steer range?

hi all, so after some time I’d like to return to iracing, and I was curious to try out irffb…one question : is vjoy still required? I remember years ago it was needed, I tried it with an OSW but later I gave up because I was having troubles with vjoy installed on the pc…

another thing, I always used TD def profile for iracing, it always felt great with every car but today I made some test and I feel a big difference since last time (almost 2 months ago). I suppose it is due to tyre model updates recently made.
so, for everyone that was using this default profile before, are you still using it now or have you made some changes?

thanks

1 Like

I was curious what the Auto feature would set the Max Force Slider to, so I set True Drive Force to 100% to start with and set the Wheel Force Slider to 25nm as I have an SC2 Pro. I was driving the Audi R8 at Bathurst and whenever I pressed Auto it set the Max Force Slider to 25nm, which is reticulum, I’m either doing something wrong or something isn’t working as it should.

That sounds about correct. However, the telemetry indicated values in iRacing’s GT cars are generally way over the top. Blindly selecting 100% from True Drive without knowing the consequences (high FFB in crashes for example) is dangerous.

1 Like

So both sliders on iRacing will be 25nm and then reduce the force % in True Drive to preference? So why do I keep reading about settings of 70 or 60 etc for the Max Force Slider in iRacing?

Some cars need a larger range to feel all the detail. 25Nm might be enough for the audi, but in other cars you might get clipping.

It’s a different way to achieve similar results. I typically keep power-slider in True Drive at or close to 100%, adjust the slider in iRacing to a numerically higher (Torque) value.

That is the better way if you want to avoid Software clipping in iRacing, but it comes with the risk of injury during Car-crash events which Will sent full torque to your wheel.

I am happy with that scenario, others might not be.

Hi Beano, I asked this on a thread but got no answer, is it actually true that keeping always td at 100% may cause issues to the motor in the long run?
I asked this when Mika said it’s better not to keep it always at maximum.
Thanks

You are not going to hurt that servo.

Keeping it less than 100% is just one way to prevent damaging You in those very high force instances in a crash etc in iRacing.

1 Like

Yes, as per Joe above, safety is the real reason, nothing else. Both the servos used in the SC2 series, as well as the driver-electronics, have a very significant overhead capacity.

I am currently using the SC2 electronics on a custom servo, at 40A POS, doing some testing work for Tero@GD. If we consider hat the SC2 Sport and Pro is using approximately 55% of the available driver-electronics’ capacity, it gives you an idea how much these SC2’s have been over-engineered. The driver-boards used in the current generation SC2 DD wheels are all exactly the same, with a significant voltage and current headroom.

There is a good reason I say that these are the best DD wheels available today, as none of the other vendor’s DD offerings have the same capacity. Barring infant mortality, these wheels will last a few decades. We are not even beginning to explore the endurance of both servos and electronics in this instance.

Cheers,
Beano

6 Likes

general questions, run SC2 Pro at 100% strength? or less 40-60%?

• are there settings to change feeling on kerbs? less impact or more impact of kerbs?

this is what i drive with now, but not sure if this makes sense or not, trying to figure out what best practice is.

run in-game in iRacing Wheel Force at 25Nm, does wheel force have to 100% match output of wheel software in TD? there are so many different opinions…i used to have TD match in-game wheel force. but completely lost and not sure understand really how to tune anymore.

Wheel force -setting in iRacing is only used by the “auto” strength adjustment in iRacing. It doesn’t affect FFB feel, it just prevents the automatic strength adjustment from making settings that would be clipping. If you do not use automatic strength adjustment in iRacing, you can completely disregard this parameter.

HI Mika
Could you recommend a professional way to use the most/get the best out from a pro and avoiding clipping. There is so many people talk about it differently and set it up differently or other way around and it is so confusing.

Would you recommend a setting FOR Example in iracing wheel force = 25NM(PRO) , max force = 55NM and TD overall strength = personal favour. Which ideally could be the one get the most and avoid clipping

Could you recommend a good set up please? It will be very helpful

1 Like

I use TD iracing default setup, you can find it by clicking “Add” and then select the profile.

1 Like

I just got my sc2 sport yesterday and am having issues calibrating the wheel range accordingly.

I have set 0 in TD as well as 900 range and bumplock.

When I calibrate in iracing it does not give me full range but only like 800ish and the steer ingame does not correspond with the physical wheel.

When I overwrite the calibration and input 900 range/mapping I still have the same issue.

Did anyone else experience this and know a solution?

Do the calibration with the e-stop pressed in, that way you can turn axis all the way.

2 Likes

is there anything in the TrueDrive software which will allow changing the feeling of how different kerbs feel? since changing the values for SINE WAVE, SQUARE WAVE, SAWTOOTH and TRIANGLE, 0%-200% have no impact, zero impact and nothing changes…???

Those are directinput effects and they aren’t used in iracing. You can try the slew rate and inertia filters though.

Is there any way to decrease the impact effects on iracing? I am fine with my ffb settings but when I have collisions with other cars or if I run into a wall if I’m not careful I risk breaking my hands … can someone help me?

1 Like