iRacing and Simucube 2

You don’t select one or the other, they can work alongside eacother.

It’s just confusing me where it is said that people have tried using iRFFB and the feel is better, I don’t understand, I do have a brain injury which makes it hard for me to understand things sometimes.

tonypbeck,

irFFB is a windows application.
You have to install it & then just run it before starting iRacing up.
You will have to recalibrate your wheel in iRacing.

Feeling will be better on many cars, so it depends if you want to deal with the added complexity.

To me it is worthwhile, simplified pros/cons:

pros: Better ffb feel.
cons: Slightly less competitive.

(with irFFB you have to remember to run reconstruction filter at only 1 in TrueDrive)

Cheers

Ah ok, so is there a link where I could download the application so I can give it a try?

https://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3552959.page

1 Like

How are people running their profile\s or settings? Do you have them per car?

I have great setting for F3 and RSR, but for Mclaren GT3, Audi R8, Ford GTE I got nothing and ones I try they feel a little lifeless.

I’ll be honest here, SC 2 pro is my first DD and I don’t know much about settings.

So do people use specific profile for every type of car or just have one in general? Anyone wants to share their R8 or Ford GTE settings?

I use the same profile for all the cars I drive. I drive mainly the Porsche Cup car and from time to time other GT cars. I do use different FFB strengths for each car usually, but I set that in iRacing not it TD.

5 Likes

Same method I use, have worked well for me…

400 ping and you can race with people around you?

Yep,from Finland to Australia ping is high. Its just keeping little bit more room to fellow racers and now it all seems normal. I got fastest cable net now and it did help little bit,ping is now 333/366 if best situation.Trying to pump my ir and hopefully some day in top split every monday broadcasted race.

Before recent new Boston servers, we never had better than 300+ ping from us to the USA :wink:

You learn to work with what you have. That’s why Finns and Aussies are faster racers than Yanks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:rofl:______________

Haha, I just had to, Revan :wink:

I have a Simucube 2 Sport since a couple a days.
I drive mainly ovals races. I use the settings from the settings video from Boosted Media.

But the feeling in the banked corners is too loose and on some straight section.
My TD strength is 10Nm, same for the wheel strength in IRacing.

What are the main settings that are specific for ovals?
My Thrustmaster T300 feels better than the Simucube right now.

I got lost with all the possible settings and all the different preferences on the forums and in videos. Have you tried simple mode? for me it was a verademing

i have a simucube pro.
try the iRacing simple default profile (i love it)
i use it with 17-18 Nm / Smoothness Neutral / Damping neutral and ingame 70nm/25nm

try something similar

Thank you both, will try the simple mode today.

Try this topics

1 Like

The simple mode is much much better.
Only on the oval legacy tracks like Michigan and Daytona its hard to drive due the cracks and the bumps.

if you want solve this, I recommend you use the slew rate, try to increase the value…

regards