iRacing and Simucube 2

Thanks very much, Simon. Broken car and broken driver combo. That’s why it works :grin:

I was wondering if lowering the crash forces alone could be done with some magic .ini edits but you’ve answered that for me. Sounds like all forces are linked together, so I need to use TD to set the maximum force that I want to be delivered and then up the in game forces to gain that loss back.

I have read the very detailed posts further up from the gurus (Phillip and bsohn) but have to admit I’m having a bit of trouble getting it to sink in. I’m not the sharpest tool in the box (Clearly) but I’ll keep re-reading them and hope it clicks into my empty skull.

1 Like

To lower the overall force you have several options.

First one ist to rise the iRacing Max Force Slider, this will lower the overall strength.

Another option is to lower the Overall strength in TD. This will also ease the forces that comes up in a crash.

Third way to reduce crash impact is slew rate limit, values in the minimum range also eases the forces in a crash.
You can also experiment with the static force reduction in TD which is meant to reduce cornering forces.

It makes no difference whether you reduce the strength in True Drive or iRacing Max Force.

2 Likes

Actually it makes every difference whether you reduce strength ingame or via TD :

4 Likes

Hey there, I cant really find anything about a profile for oval. Anyone mind sharing theire profile they are using?

Using exactly the same for Oval (NASCAR) as I do for Road. Not tried Indycar but I’ve heard that needs a lot of damping to reduce oscillations.

This is my gt3/gte settings. I usely add abit dampering on high grip openwheelers and lower the overall stg inn true drive. I feel everything;)

And for Rally i use Bakkerud RX profile

1 Like

What i meant was the quality of the ffb or the details, makes no difference if you reduce it in iracing or in TD :wink:

1 Like

Oh okay, sure you did :wink:

That’s a really interesting post by Niels.
Thanks for digging that up, Simon. I’m gonna have a try with this approach and see how it works out.

Also, thanks to everyone that’s given me guidance so far. It’s much appreciated.

Happy Holidays to you all :beers:

3 Likes

Hi Paul Merry Xmas
Do you have load cell pedals ?..If you do i think the Brakes Force Slider should be zero . So they say on the Iracing forums Regards Denis

1 Like

Correct, for both hydraulic and load-cell pedals, Brake Force Factor = 0 (iRacing)

Well spotted @bluey and @phillip.vanrensburg.

I’ve dropped that setting to zero and it’s far better. Thanks for pointing that out :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ha, cheers Mate, Bluey was the one who spotted it, I am far to lazy for that on Chrissie-day. Just mimicked what he said, and yes, that setting makes a very big difference in braking-consistency when using aforementioned pedals.

Have a good one, enjoy iRacing.

PS: Like SiPo says, the Ford GT3 is badly broken. Has been for a few seasons, so if you like GT3, get the Mercedes, Audi or BMW. Mercedes the easiest and probably most rewarding to drive of all GT3 cars.

Skippy is fun too, as is the new Mustang/Holden ZB Supercars, GTE cars and a few others. Enjoy iRacing, it;S a very good sim, which will help you get the very best from your SC2.

3 Likes

Thank you. I’m enjoying it far more than I thought I would and using a broken car isn’t the greatest idea.

After reading your advice, I think I’ll put the Ford GT away and get myself an AMG Christmas present.

Cheers mate

2 Likes

Have fun! Mercedes always an enjoyable experience :wink:

If you struggle getting it going, let me know which track, I might be able to make you a baseline that would work ok.

2 Likes

And the sound of AMG is best of all in iRacing

1 Like

That’s right Pavel!
And the Cadillac…love that one also.

Hello guys,
i’m not able to find good settings for LMP1 cars.
Is there anyone who can help me please?

What are you not liking about the way it feels now and what settings are you using?

i have default iRacing settings… wheel is very stiff and hard to turn.
Moreover, as soon as i hit a kurb, FFB will clipp