Forza and Simucube 2

Apple is the top 1 ( worst ) company on the planet… even worst than microsoft.

i hope one day in a “serious” alternative expecially for hardware and OS.
i can’t decide if i hate apple more than microsoft but for what i know i hato to be forced to use thing of this mediocre company because ( people ) are mediocre and always follow damn fashion like “evverythingg have too bee greeen”… expecially people that make tails when government force them to do thing that they don’t want.

Humans, are stupid. mediocrity is the future.

1 Like

humans are stupid and your comment is no exception

1 Like

Back on topic… looks like MS are changing directions on input APIs again:

Doesn’t sound like it solves the main blocker, though ($$$).

Well this sounds awesome. Afaik the last API didn’t support the direct input DDs will need.
@Mika Correct me here, if I am wrong.

it is indeed this API that is problematic. Due to bugs in Microsoft’s device drivers, the driver stack crashes if GameInput access is made for FFB for a device where there is only one FFB axis.

I read a bit about the difference between a Simagic alpha mini and a Simucube 2. The more I learn the more I’m impressed. Especially when comparing products one learns how huge the differences are. Like encoding with absolute addresses for each angle to the need of 2 signals for incremental motors. Plus a third signal to count the revolutions when steering exceed 360 degrees. No need to calibrate, Aso Aso.

Fascinating

Has anyone checked it works?

Moza is adding XBox compatibility, this is in addition to Forza titles support on PC they already have.
If new Forza Motorsport is any good, it would be a shame to not have SC2 supporting it.

They probably have the encryption chip that must be bought from Microsoft in the wheel, similar to Fanatec.

I’d certainly be interested in an offering for the SC2 that could work w/ the Forza games on PC. But, I’m one person. I’d imagine that developing products for one person isn’t a winning marketing strategy.

The difference between an Xbox compatible wheel and the corresponding PC-only wheel is what, $50 on average? If it was software only, and $50, you’d still need to sell 10k upgrades to break even (and that’s just for the license fee mentioned above, not any ongoing development or support costs). If it required hardware like replacing the tail-end of the R2 with one carrying the encryption chip above, the 10k goes from a hard sell to impossible.

Forza is also PC compatible and Moza was able to achieve “direct connection” with Forza on PC already. So there is no HW chip, just driver level support.

With DD wheels market getting saturated, support for such a big hitter like Forza Motorsport can be a huge sales booster.
But again, there are always a million reasons not to do something.

1 Like

This is correct on PC.

microsoft change api’s behaviours at least 4 times at year :|.

read other comments if you dont like comments of others and don’t respect others point of view.
it’s your life :)… and … i really hope that people like you remain exactly the same.

In addition to native support for popular racing wheels from Logitech, Thrustmaster and Fanatec, Forza Motorsport supports the DirectInput API on PC. This allows players to plug in and play with a much wider range of hardware than before. There is also input remapping so you can customize the button layout of your controller, mouse and keyboard, as well as your favorite steering wheels and non-standard gamepads like flight sticks. This level of device extensibility means Forza Motorsport is accessible to more players who use custom hardware setups.

Did this just get interesting?

3 Likes

Do I read it right? :upside_down_face:
Meaning full out of the box support for Simucube?

Very interesting development. It’s enough to increase my curiosity and watch for user reviews.

Cool but im tired of racing games (well… i have enough with iR and AMS2), i hope that logical step would be to do the same for next Forza Horizon releases, to have free roaming/rally options

In addition, unlocked framerates with or without V-Sync enabled are supported for single-player racing in Forza Motorsport. In multiplayer, framerates are locked to ensure a consistent and competitive online racing experience for all players across a variety of PC hardware configurations and the Xbox Series X|S consoles.

Mmm… Physics may vary on relation to framerate?

2 Likes

Yea mate, another Nürburgring isn’t what I’m really looking for. I still wait for titles starting with “released 2020 +”, and the infamous fine print contents, to my surprise, stuff like:
Physics and FFB based on telemetry/data collected from real racing.
Optimized for DD and hydraulic/load cell pedals.
Cars including all features from their specific car class. Fe brake migration, diff settings, various input devices Aso.
I can’t understand why in rF2 formula cars have only 7 gears and ERS management ain’t possible. Or AMS 2 looks good, but FFB feels like “on or off”, in dirt rally 2.0, one is blindfolded, it’s difficult to say if you are on tarmac or gravel (kind of).

A post was merged into an existing topic: Forza Motorsport (8) and Simucube 2