Forza and Simucube 2

I’ve been using my Simucube 2 with emuwheel for some time now, but after a holiday i now get a strong pull to the right when i rev the engine in the redline.
Can somebody give their settings? Truedrive, Emuwheel and Fh5. Thank you.

Is any hope for the future ?
I love forza very much.
Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

Would love for Forza Motorports 8 to listen to Mika and actually include this wheel. I really don’t want another program to have to tune my wheel through to play Forza…

1 Like

Just adding my voice to the pleas for Forza/Simucube compatibility!

I’ve tried the software solutions to get it to work, but no matter what I did my combination of Simucube 2 Sport and VNM pedals just won’t work :frowning:

I know it’s not a ‘real’ sim, but it’s damn good fun and I’d love to be able to use my sim rig to play it…

I think the correct address for your pleas would be Forza developers.

Most likely they don’t give an answer if you though. I suppose they charge money for wheel support from manufacturers.

2 Likes

Does anyone know where to contact the developers to ask them to add support for SC2? I would have, but cannot work out where to address the request. If enough of us ask, perhaps they’ll assign it some priority.

AFAIK sometimes companies have to pay game developers to get their hardware work. And I doubt that an orchestrated action would change a Jota. I don’t have Forza titles and if you are looking for support you have to contact these guys. It’s most likely not something that is in the hands of Granite Devices

I think the whole HW support when it comes to wheels for example is slightly more complicated than just adding different wheels.

Forza is also a console game first, through that comes the licensing of HW for consoles. When there’s not that many console specific wheels for XBox the support in sim titles isn’t that extensive either as you can cover 95% of the console wheels by supporting couple of different wheelbases.

Of course you could raise the question in their user forums or some places like that, but I think also that SC clientele isn’t a huge console/arcade game player base either. So the response/support you get might not be that big.

I think contacting the game company or publisher isn’t going to do anything unless you get hundreds or thousands of users demanding improvement. Otherwise your email goes silently in the bin.

It is basically so that Forza games, and to lesser extent, the Gran Turismo games, are such that the publisher has a good interest to develop them for consoles first in mind. Then they select which wheels on PC are going to be supported. I guess the logical selection from Microsoft’s side is that “hey, these manufacturers and devices have bought our license and work with us, so they are on the list, the rest are so small that it is not needed to support those”.

Then the game developer gets the list and has time to implement support for just the specified list, and not much else.

Opening a “large can of worms” with multiple game controller support (wheel base, pedals, wheel, button boxes) using old APIs (DirectInput) is not a small feat to do, so if they get their money without implementing that, then its just business.

We are in contact with the Forza Horizon developer team, but not with the Forza Motorsports team. Both are very hard to reach - it almost appears that they are just contracted by the publisher to get the product to market with quite tight control on costs.

I may be wrong, but wasn’t there talk of a new unified interface coming with windows 11 to replace direct input?

There is, its Windows.Gaming.Input and it contains support for parts of DirectInput as well as the previous xInput for xbox etc.

But let me guess. Its not really usfull in the moment and no one is supporting it? :smiley:

If you haven’t seen the new Forza Motorsports 2023 demo it’s worth a look - they claim a massive improvement in physics and the graphics are gorgeous, although we’ll probably need a top tier gpu to enjoy them.

Emuwheel never worked for me. I spent several days trying to get it to function but got nowhere and ended up having to reinstall windows to fix the damage.

I’ve been experimenting with using the Xbox adaptive controller with Forza on a PC. Having some success with VNM pedals and a usb joystick plugged into the left and right joystick ports but have not yet been able to try the SC2 - although I don’t hold out much hope.

My last resort is to buy Fanatec gear, but there’s no local dealer and they won’t ship to NZ. Warranty would be questionable if I worked around that but at the moment I don’t have other options.

It may be futile, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed for native support anyway.

1 Like

Not sure why you had such difficulties with EmuWheel, but if we can get native support for SC2 it would be a gift from heaven and can really boost SC2 customer base.
The game looks gorgeous and really promising indeed.

2 Likes

No, me either! Vjoy setup didn’t go as the instructions detailed even though I was meticulous in following the directions - even went as far as deleting and reinstalling Windows (11), and had a different problem each time. I thought I’d got it right - and maybe I did - but then I wasn’t able to assign steering and pedals to different axis in Emuwheel config. Finally I left the pedals unconfigured and went into the game just to see whether I could steer. After much frustration I finally got the in game control setup to recognise the steering axis but once in game any movement of the steering wheel was either ignored or caused me to accelerate in reverse.

Clearly it works, there’s a good number of reports saying it does… but I couldn’t make it happen. Whether it’s my specific hardware, wrong setup procedure, or something else I don’t know.

Anyway, the upcoming Forza looked so good I wondered about trying again but to be honest for the time already spent it’d make more sense to just buy the compatible gear, warts and all :frowning:

One big limitation will be the RacingWheelReading structure… there’s only 16 buttons, 1 d-pad, and 2 paddles. Every encoder takes up 2 buttons. A 7-way switch takes up 7 buttons.

There is a base class for other controller types (RawGamingController), but then you’re back in the same boat you’re in today - games need to support binding to both a wheel and one or more raw devices separately.

I know I’m way late to this post and thread really but Matiss, could you (or anyone else) please post your FM7 settings you use in truedrive to work with FM7 and Emuwheel?

Sorry but don’t have it anymore. Driving feel is pretty bad. But that problem is on the game side physics not the SC settings.

Speaking of Forza. I just reinstalled Forza Horizon 5 just to play around with it. I found that if my SC 2 Pro is turned on the game will not load. It will crash back to the desktop. If it is turned off the game will work fine.

Yeah, we’ve seen that whenever a game tries to access a FFB device with only one FFB axisk, the whole Windows driver stack crashes. That is, if the device is using the Microsoft supplied driver. It is the driver that actually crashes. We’ve reported this to Microsoft but haven’t heard back…