Forza and Simucube 2

There has been contact attempts via several means. Some very very recently.

3 Likes

EmuWheel works, just follow instruction by the letter here
To get access to binding in Forza after starting EmuWheel follow this.

Don’t expect ACC level of feedback but it’s serviceable.

One more, you won’t be able to save profile in FH5 unless mandatory buttons are assigned to EmuWheel managed controllers, so make sure to bind your wheel button in Configurator so you can use them in game settings for actions binding.
E.g.

One more, SimHub released update that support FH5 and WRC10 telemetry, you just need to enable data output in FH5, follow the instruction in SimHub.

2 Likes

This was very helpful Andrew. The making sure you select a wheel layout in Forza fixed it for me. Mapping gears or buttons isn’t working but steering and pedals are. To get the paddle shifters working do I map in configurator.exe as you have done and then bind in fh4? Tried this and fh4 accepts the bind but then doesn’t work in game. Thoughts?

Managed to get it working on FH5. You need to setup configurator.exe for each button you want to map in game. My Kid is loving driving around Mexico.

Great tip if you start having problem assigning all SC2 wheel buttons in Configurator

Still trying to figure out the best settings, the wheel is quite oscillatory, needs quite a healthy damping and friction. My WIP settings so far. In game I’ve just lowered FFB scale to 0.8, and set Off Road Feel Scale to 0.5.

4 Likes

There are some reports already that Steam version does not work with EmuWheel out of the box, same as FH4. So it’s better to go for MS Store one, less hassle setting it up.

1 Like

Quite useful guide from Forza Support. I might need to revisit some settings like in game FFB Scale.
https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/4409761195923-FH5-Wheel-Setup-and-Tuning

3 Likes

On FH4, fine tune DInput sliders for Damping, Spring and Shine Wave was mandatory to achieve a realistic feeling

Im using GIMX for unsupported games but the emulation can’t “Talk” to SC2 and Reports an error when creating DI spring effects on init.

I can see that only Damping and Spring effects are active, but haven’t noticed much of a difference setting them to 100% or 0% in TD, and they are set to scale 1.0 (default) in game.
This is with EmuWheel.

1 Like

Thanks Andrew_WOT for all the info in this thread. I’ve got it working with emuwheel and its great fun and intuitive to drive. Feels waaay better than I could ever get FH4 feeling, I gave up on that in the end and just played it with a pad. Can’t remember if that was using gimx or emuwheel though.

What worked for me was:

The only device I’ve got set in Emuwheel configurator was the SC2, no pedals, handbrake or buttons. Trying to set pedals and handbrake here was causing all sorts of problems. Config saved.

1. Launch hush and mute
  2. Launch emuwheel and press start
  3. Unmute Hush
  4. Launch Game
    (Need to do above 4 steps every time game is launched)

Create a custom wheel profile and assign controls. For me It recognised Heusinkveld pedals and handbrake, SimLine USB wheel button box plus a regular button box.

2 Likes
2 Likes

For some reason Forza Emuwheel does not save my wheel axes. It detects it to map it, likewise with my HE pedals, but it only saves them and not the wheel.

When I go to mute, it will only detect my Pedals.

• Did you configure and enable vJoy?
  • Try to delete configuration.json from EmuWheel folder and start from scratch
  • I believe there is a limitation on number of DInput devices Configurator recognizes, disconnect everything you don’t need when mapping.
    If nothing helps, here’s my configuration.json (remove txt extension), it’s HE Pedals Pro, SC2 Pro and HE Handbrake. You can just copy paste corresponding controller section into your file. configuration.json.txt (2.2 KB)
1 Like

You’re a star, thanks for sharing that file!

I eventually fixed the issue after deleting forza emu entirely, restarting my pc and redownloading it. All working now!

2 Likes

This has been the most informative thread out there.

So with my setup, i’m getting stuck at setting up my wheel axes. Specifcally, the steering inputs. All else (Throttle, Brakes, Clutch and the buttons) setup fine. When I hit “Set” for steering, I turn my CubeControl (mounted to SC2) wheel left and right and its like there is no input. I have truedrive running in the backgroun. The config won’t save until i set the axes for Steering.

Any help?

Simagic has been supported by FH5, I hope SC2 can also be supported as soon as possible (smile)

Occasionally contact with entertainment games is also a very good choice :kissing_closed_eyes: :kissing_closed_eyes: :kissing_closed_eyes: :kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Its not up to us, its up to the game developer to add support.

1 Like

I believe SC can also be supported. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Yes. I have some emails in my mailbox. But disclosing anything more than that would not be wise.

5 Likes

Thanks for continuing to pursue this! I’d have bought my brother-in-law a copy of Horizon 5 for the holidays if I could play it with him using my setup.