F1 2017 crashing after upgrade

+1 for DiRT Rally.

I agree with @Taesti & @Mika DiRT Rally may not be perfect but it is a good game, and is certainly not ‘broken.’

Funny that you guys dont notice it maybe you should drive on tarmac its really noticeable there.
just watch the steering it has the same build in wiggle (maybe you got the wheel turned off) but it feels disconnected and floaty arcade to me

sadly i got no recordings with my real wheel in view.

We are now in communications with Codemasters directly. I’m hopeful.

3 Likes

Ha interesting, Seb, I will have to check it out at some point then.

Hi Mika,

Do you have a news for the functioning of the F1 2017 ?

I was in contact with the F1 2017 developers on Friday afternoon. I think I will hear back from them next week.

1 Like

okay thanks you so much. I hope I can play it soon.

Do you have any news Mika ?

They are not able to repeat the issue without actual hardware, which they do not have. We are working on arranging something, but things won’t happen very quickly.

1 Like

Hi guys ! my game works! I simply turned off the G-sync on my monitor and turned on Sync V in the game.

I played for two or three hours and no more crashes! I am putting a video on my youtube channel. In one hour you will be able to see for yourself.:grinning:

Youtube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkDh_lMy8S6geZ0D1lw7Cnw?view_as=subscriber

How does the force feedback feel? Can you please post screen shots of your in game settings and the simcube settings? I will need to give this a go tonight when I get home. I miss this game it was great on the t300 even on mmos it was great but not anymore. Can you also share please if you do not mind your assetto corsa f1 mod with me? That would be great. Thank you so much everyone. Hopefully codemasters will get 2018 better for the simracers so we can have a better experience.

Here are the photos. My game works perfectly. Without crash

Jeremie,

I can confirm this is working for me as well. However wheel still wants to go from side to side. If you let it go it will go crazy from side to side. What can I adjust to help with that? Also vibrating sound on turning. I update to the 0.9.5

It appears from watching various youtube videos, that the on-screen steering vibration also happens on “commercial” wheels. I suspect the effect is only well noticeable on DD wheels. I will let codemasters know that… :slight_smile:

Here is my video on my youtube channel. You will see the FFB in game.

Unfortunately I don’t have a G-Sync monitor :frowning:

This is not a problem because we have to turn off G-Sync

The game just doesn’t like high fps according to my findings. i got it running now too since i made that video this is how i did it.

I think its best to run it in windowed mode i manged to run it with vsync off. but you might wanna try vsync on for more stability but even more input lag.

And clock your video card down to the lowest speeds possible in msi afterburner or other tool and put the temp/power target on its lowest to get less fps too. and probably put all graphics on max.

The ffb is really horrible. if you let your video card run at full speed it feels a hair less broken.but it crashes within a few seconds. i bet all the problems are linked to the FFB and FPS it get broken with more fps it go’s out of sync or something and than the game crashes.

I will try your solution. Seen your video, looks promising…not :frowning:

Although solutions point towards V-sync and G-sync and FPS, it does seem to be an exclusive problem in combination with the SimuCUBE Firmware.

With my Logitech G29 I don’t have to alter any settings to run F1 2017 without any problems, a friend with a TS300 same thing.

Hi,

I’m one of the devs, and wanted to confirm that this issue has finally reached me Today…
We’ve not had any of these devices for our testing and/or target for 2017, hence the lack of support. Also hisorically the sim crowd is not our main target. But we’ve made some strides with 2016 - 2017 to have a more realistic tyre model and as a result data suitable to FFB, also without just faking it.

As to the issue at hand, we’ve just had a similar sim focused device (Leo Bodnar SimSteering) at our disposal, which exhibited a similar issue (vibration, inverted forces), I’ve read from some of your reports. I’ve identified the wheel reporting some state different to any other wheels we’ve used sofar (Logi, SimExperience, Fanatech Thrustmaster etc.). To this we’ve a fix, which might apply to SimuCube just the same.

Regading the lockup (the watchdog timer crashes the game after 20+ seconds of inactivity), we are stuck in the windows directinput software layers in FFB, which is puzzling. Anyhow we have it with a repro, and are exploring all the possible ways we can think of to resolve this, and allow the game to run without VSYNC Off, and at the best possible frame rate.

Thanks for all the useful information!

6 Likes