F1 2017 crashing after upgrade

We don’t know yet. it doesn’t happen with mmos and that also works at a very high refresh rate.
So it will be real interesting where the problem lies

I was answering your question. I told you that I can’t use MMOS because I have the engine version with sincos.

yes i saw :wink: , than the only way is to put back the original encoder :stuck_out_tongue: or dont play f1 2017 for the moment.
for the few seconds that i could the run the game. The ffb is real horrible anyway that road surface :roll_eyes:

Yeah, for the few seconds that I was able to run F1 2017, the ffb seemed to be not very good. But not enough to analyze if it was because of the game or because the firmware / parameters.

i got it running now for minutes now stable. i seem to got it working i will keep testing and see what setting you can use. but i got it working for now

Oke guys i got the game to work it doesn’t like Frames per second
I think its best to run it in windowed mode i manged to run it with vsync off. but you might wanna try vsync on for more stability but even more input lag.

And clock your video card down to the lowest speeds possible in msi afterburner or other tool and put the temp/power target on its lowest to get less fps too. and probably put all graphics on max.

The ffb is really horrible. if you let your video card run at full speed it feels a hair less broken.but it crashes within a few seconds. i bet all the problems are linked to the FFB and FPS it get broken with more fps it go’s out of sync or something and than the game crashes.

i made a video with some of my impressions of the game

2 Likes

It might be a language barrier thing but these kind of statements don’t really help. They are working hard on these things while from the start being very clear that things will break.

A lot of shitty game implementations gets “fixed” by firmware for the consumer wheels, it kind of reminds me of nvidia/amd releasing new drivers for a game because the graphics engine developers do weird/bad stuff :smiley:

Thank you for the video warning. Nearly bought that when on Steam sale—glad I didn’t waste my money. Even if they fix the technical problems, looks like the ffb and latency would ruin even a functional experience.

2 Likes

Looks like at least the latency shown in SKeijmel’s video exists for even the most mainstream of consumer wheels . . . found this on YouTube.

Yes its the game. And the game is horrible for a simracer. Its made for gamepads.
thats the lag with 120 fps. so that game is really sad programmed in lag.

It’s kind of sad since Codemasters took the FFB community feedback when Dirt Rally was Early Access serious and implemented loads of changes. Dirt Rally FFB is far from perfect, but workable.

None of those lessons seem to be used for the F1 projects.

Its made for the masses gaming from the couch ^^ i also tested dirt rally way overrated imho

That is video lag. Not wheel-lag. In my humble opinion.

Cheers,
Beano

I can confirm it really is controller input lag programmed in by the game. It does exactly the same here on my pc with 120 fps and no vsync. F1 201X always been a really poor game imo. F1 99-02 from isi is still way miles better than this.

Evem with a otherwise working controller? For a keyboard, I would understand built in lag.

Yes, and its the same with the whole dirt series no real 1:1 control over the car ever in their games.

I think its kind of the same game engine at least the controller part feels the same. There never has been 1:1 control of the car. the control input looks a bit less worse on this older game but its still massive. not everyone would see that immediately and would think its fine. but its not.

All the older f1 201x have been like this too. the new one seems to have gotten worse.
and it is purely the game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Paat0f4W0ok (no lag at all here) ac iracing rf2 don’t have this. only the really bad consumer console port games do.

Dirt Rally was much better than the previous Dirt games. I would not compare them on any level. I haven’t tied Dirt 4.

To me they are all equally bad even the so well liked dirt rally has the same controller quirks i tested it.
And from what i hear dirt 4 is way worse again than dirt rally

You are wrong.

Dirt Rally is very different and much better than Dirt 3 that you linked.
Dirt Rally has excellent input response and 1:1 control. What it does lack is proper wheel rotation animations mapped to the actual rotation of the wheel.

The FFB itself is not full physics based but enough to have a great time in Dirt Rally.
You saying “to me they are all equally bad” which is just factually untrue makes people not read what you say the next time.

Dirt Rally was an Early Access title developed with loads of feedback from the community.

Dirt 3, 4 and all the F1 series are cashgrabs.

3 Likes

Yeah, I agree. Nobody has observed anything similar with Dirt Rally.

1 Like