Dirt Rally 2.0 and Simucube 2

I uninstalled the game. Removed all leftover directories I could find. Redownloaded.On first start remember to have all controllers unplugged. I also made sure steam was not using any controller stuff. Then it started successfully, and next start also with controllers connected worked fine.

1 Like

thank you mika I will try again a big thank you

does anyone have good attitude for the SC2 pro?

Thats my Settings. i Drive with one Hand on Wheel and one Hand on Schifter
Not perfekt but is a Beginning
<device id="{0D6016D0-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" name=ā€œsimucube2proā€ priority=ā€œ100ā€ type=ā€œwheelā€ official=ā€œfalseā€ />
Fun comes with Motion SFX100

1 Like

Iā€™m driving some DirtRally2 at the moment and every now and then when Iā€™m making a quick change of direction in a tight 1 gear crux, the engine squeaks or beeps? for a short time. What could this be due to my settings?

Maybe it is the hands off detection triggering. You can turn it off in the True Drive software.

1 Like

Thats the Clipping sound checkbox on TrueDrive - Hardware

Richard Burns Rally do the same thing because sometimes send a 100% signal to Simucube and make beeps

1 Like

set hands off detection to mediumā€¦ iĀ“ve had same problem

1 Like

During Neste Rally Finland this year, we organized a Simucube Rally Challenge together with SimGear and Finnish Sim Racing Association on-site at the rally service park in the Digital Motorsport Lounge. We expected a tight competition, and got one when multiple Dirt Rally WR owner Kim Eriksson was there to drive very fast. Dirt 4 world champion Joona Pankkonen was a tough opponent and Finnish young rallycross driver Sami-Matti Trogen was also very fast. It really went down to the wire!

Stage was Pant Mawr Reverse and the car was Opel Adam R2.

Kim won himself a Simucube 2 Pro, and below are his settings for True Drive and in-game. Thanks for allowing to publish them!

Note, that Dirt Rally 2.0 seems to have a 20% deadzone for steering as default, and it must be turned off in-game .

13 Likes

wow 5% on damping and friction seems a lot. Possible to use these settings for SC1 ? Or it needs some adjustements

Just in case you might not know, you would reduce those settings by X10 for the SC1.

5% damping for SC2 translates to 0.50% for SC1, 1% inertia becomes 0.10 and so onā€¦

3 Likes

I tried first time dr 2.0 with sc 2 pro and of course it didnā€™t work but then I binned wheel and calibrated it and it works but I havenā€™t done any ā€œdevice idā€ configuration to input device root, so am Iā€™am missing something forces etc? It didnā€™t go as straight forwarded as example binning Heusinkvelds brakes etc. But some how I managed. Or has codies do some update? Ffb works(altghough dr 2.0 style) steering works and it is playable.

1 Like

It appears that Codemaster has added the relevant lines to the XML file so that FFB works out-of-the-box in Dirt Rally 2.0 for both Simucube 1 and Simucube 2 devices.

6 Likes

Do you recall what Directinput setting Kim Eriksson was using for Friction with the above settings?

Iā€™ve only just got DiRT Rally 2.0, now its sorted VR, and his settings translate quite well to my Simucube 1 (without of course those filters not available on SC1).

no, not really. Maybe @gheeD can tell? :slight_smile:

Today I tried the setup and I have to say that I like it very much. Really very successful.
Thank you very much.
only the Reconstruction fiter I have set for my personal taste on 8

Are DirectInput Damper and Friction off?

Canā€™t remember anymore :smiley:

Included profile had them both at 10%.
A bit confusing, why profile had both Other Filters and DirectInput together. It seems to be better with DirectInput effects off.
BTW, with Friction DirectInput effect at anything above 50% wheel pulsates (making small back and forth movement) with beeping sound when in game menu.

Dirt Rally uses the friction effect to simulate less steering weight at jumps - or at least Dirt Rally 1 did.