Dirt Rally 1 and Simucube 2

Hello everyone,

Last night I bought Dirt Rally 2.0 and unfortunately I don’t like its FFB at all. I tried all the recommended settings of this thread: Dirt Rally 2.0 and Simucube 2 and adjusted them, but I can’t get it to feel right.

So I would like to give the original Dirt Rally another try. I noticed that the profile template in True Drive for this title has exactly the same settings as the one for Dirt Rally 2.0.

Have you guys got decent True Drive and ingame FFB settings for this old but gold game?

Many thanks in advance!

I think the problem is with the game, all FFB sliders should go down from 100% to around 15-30%. We have DD wheels not G27 or T300RS.

1 Like

I’ve been racing some Dirt Rally recently, using the default Dirt rally profile in True Drive. In game, I’ve set the road feedback to 75% and the crash feedback to 2% (to prevent getting hurt when hitting a tree full speed…).

In the beginning the steering felt very numb and late in repsonse, but that’s because by default there’s a 20% dead zone in wheel and pedals in Dirt Rally. Go to the advanced gamepad settings to set these deadzones to 0%.
It feels fine for me like that.

Thanks Raimond, I’ll give those settings a try as soon as I get the chance!

Mate, don’t give up yet on DR2. It is quite satisfying and i am sure you can find/teak settings to your liking. Just keep in mind that the car and its setup as well as the road surface plays a big role in the overall feeling and you will have to always fine tune your settings. You may check the latest settings I have just posted in the DR2 thread, they might work for you…
I don’t remember DR1 and i haven’t even bothered to try it with the SC2, i just remember from the old days with a G29 and t300 that it was meh (for me at least) with whatever i had tried.

Final version. The game uses DirectInput for ffb effects.
More damping, friction and inertia added for more ‘weight’ and enabled ULL-mode for a more rubbery feel to the wheel. Slew rate enabled to prevent hard jacking forces of the suspension being transmitted too harsh through the wheel.

Added the correct effects XML. Backup your old, remove .txt extension. Install in \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DiRT Rally\forcefeedback

effectsetup_v2.xml.txt (4.2 KB)
SC2 settings (900 deg; ingame wheel disabled)

4 Likes

Hi Could it be that you posted the original file, not the altered one?

hi everyone, I’m Marco from Italy, I wanted to ask for DirtRally 1 he doesn’t see my Simucube, in the devicesetup_v2 file there is no simucube, can you help me? thank you

I solved! I found how to make it work, thanks to Raimond for the help.
You need to do this: https://steamcommunity.com/app/310560/discussions/0/451852571445075283/?ctp=2#c1290690926865422917
Thank you all!

2 Likes

Glad I could help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Signed up just to revive this old thread. I am really not understanding how to properly set up my SC2 Pro wheel with Dirt Rally. The forces are much too high, and the experience frankly sucks. As a bonus, there are NO setups in the public area of the “Paddock” software to use as a starting point.

I know this is an old game, but I really enjoy it and want to use my new sim rig to keep playing it. If someone could give me thorough, step by step instructions to help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

AND YES, I AM BRAND NEW TO THIS AND KNOW NOTHING.

Hello all! Looking for any settings for SC2 Sport. Im tried settings by Raymond but when i going straight my wheel get crazy wobble if i release wheel. With Bazza settings my base makes short barely audible sounds and wheel sways slightly to the left to the right in main menu. P.s. sorry for grammar