Assetto Corsa Competizione and Simucube 2

Do it Paul, only sim on PC that has proper matchmaking.
And AI slowly beeing implemented, good times.
FFB is actually not that bad at all. Feels great with Simucube 1 and 2.
I have all sims on PC, iracing is the only one that ”just works” with things like VR, steering wheels, screens.

2 Likes

Thanks guys. I’ve just found a voucher code that gives 3 months for $4.78 or 3 months and the Ford GT for $12.

What should I go for and who would like to PM me with their email so I can name them as a refferer and get them some credit.

yes, he says also acc feels really great, but most important thing to me is that he finds some consistency of ffb between all various sims.
guys, I don’t know what to do. what i know for sure is that i have no intention of just sticking with iracing or rf2 forever, being those the only sims where sc2 is working right at the moment.
also, the competitors are constantly improving the optimization with all sims with the release of new drivers, which seems to me a pretty big point in favour.
i don’t want to be in the nieche, i have only few hours available in the evening to drive, i feel that after many years i’m getting really tired of wasting my time into the settings menu, both ingame, in the game files and in true drive. i just want to enjoy my time with my only hobby and passion, and get the most from the money i spent on this. seems reasonable to me…

1 Like

I think what has happened over this last week will hopefully shake the various parties into some action. Let’s stay as patient as we can and give them some time to iron things out.

The current position isn’t great but I still wholeheartedly believe I made the right choice in picking the SC2. It is the technically better product, made by guys who have a deeply knowledgeable background with this stuff and really are passionate about what they are doing.

Once the avenues of communication and cooperation between parties are better established, and I think they will be, the rewards will come.

3 Likes

Go with the cheaper option. Ford GT is a really bad car anyway.
Try focus on Miata, Porsche Cup, F3 and the V8 Supercars when you can drive those. They are on the new V7 tiremodel.
GTE, GT3, Lmp1 etc are on the old model and are soon to be replaced. Better to learn the new model.

3 Likes

Thank you. I’ve got a lot of learning to do so I’ll be reading the main iracing thread quite a lot in the coming days.

I’ll let us get back onto the ACC topic now :slightly_smiling_face:

Come on, Paul, there is always AC and it never felt better. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good correction there, Andrew :grinning:

I’d forgotten about AC with all the recent sim update shenanigans. Great call.

I take it back. I’m not retiring just yet :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I can appreciate everyone’s concern as ACC was perfect for me when I first got my SC2, then it went a little vague with ACC 1.1.X. I’m not saying it’s not real or I don’t get where you are coming from, but in my case it’s not a big change with v.1.2 from where I had it set. I will share my ACC WIP settings when I am back at my rig this evening, but I might suggest that the right “feel” is in the SC2, but just needs the correct settings. And those won’t be the same for everyone. Much like car set up, a good baseline is important, then from there it becomes more about personal preference and driving style. I’ve tried a friends DD2 and he has it set up like an arm wrestling contest. He loves it - I would never drive with mine dialed up so high as it drowns out a lot (IMO) - different strokes. I like to tease him as I wiggle his McLaren wheel on the QR :laughing: So, don’t pack up your SC2 for auction just yet guys.

2 Likes

It’s the porsche 2019 … it’s not so much the ffb feeling , I can sort of dial that in … it’s the high pitch vibration the porsche has developed tried mclaren, lexus . Audi . And it’s not there … any help much appreciated DHMotor

That’s the car with some issues, that buzz dissapears only at Recon 7. Must be some physics bug, has nothing to do with SC2 poor sim support, it’s just too resolving.
Podium with non beta Fanaled option is overdampened to hide things like that.

There is no any magic sauce.

2 Likes

Tried Recon 7 … still there

Taken to the Lexus for now no problems what so ever .

BTW, by the sound of it, same happens with latest beta Fanalab on Podium.
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/1-1-2-dd2-constant-vibration.61123/

Yeah, obviously bug with the car, I suggest official Kunos forum for support.

Just be careful with the way in which you mention any issue. You might get your head torn off :slightly_frowning_face:

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/assetto-corsa-competizione-2019-generic-discussion.60715/page-67#post-1105646

2 Likes

So it was reported already, great. Aris is not wrong though on the whole “optimization for competitors” conspiracies, even that Kunos is a business partner with Fanatec and advertise their products on in game track billboards and use them during showcasing events.
BTW, fun fact, the first DD Kunos team used was @pankykapus Argon OSW.

1 Like

Thanks Andrew.

Maybe I’m misreading posts or just not seeing it in the same way that Aris does?

I certainly never mentioned that I think any game makers are actively conspiring to make things worse for SC2 users. That would be absurd.

All I’ve alluded to is the possibility that the Devs have more access to (by design or otherwise) the competitors servo.

That seems to be the case and therefore I’m not surprised at all by there being dedicated settings threads geared towards optimising that particular product. That’s a good thing and more power to them.

On my part, I was just exchanging views here and speculating on why there isn’t as much exposure or help for us guys. It appears that not many SC2 units have made there way to the devs in comparison. I could be wrong on this point but on the face of it, I think that’s a safe assumption.

My enquiries here and elsewhere were aiming to get at why that might be the case, and if so, how can that be improved upon so this doesn’t happen so much in the future.

I’m certainly not great at putting my thoughts into words but I know I haven’t attacked Kunos. I’ve made quite a few posts in the recent past praising ACC for having the best FFB out there.

What I don’t like is having words put in my mouth and being accused of stirring up conspiracy theories.

I’m not arguing with you mate. Just wanted to explain myself :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

OK, I ran home at lunch because I was thinking about this. Here are my settings. Like I said before, these are personal preference things, but I like the way this feels. I have not tweaked this since v1.2. I may move some sliders over the weekend and see if I can get a better feeling for myself. I did test with the new Porsche GT3 and no high pitch vibration on my PRO.

1 Like

I am pretty sure Aris reaction was not to you but this post in the link you provided.

1 Like

Also, I might be forgiven for not hearing audible SC2 feedback when racing :wink:

4 Likes