Assetto Corsa Competizione and Simucube 2

I’m friends with a guy at Fanatec and was chatting on discord with him a couple of nights ago. From what he was saying the latest firmware was an attempt to remove their heavily filtered signal (like the Bodnar SS2) and allow users the same kind of raw feel we can get from our SC2’s if desired. I’m surprised Fanatec users aren’t complaining about the ACC update too, it’s weird.

if only they would have a better qr system, I would seriously consider making the change, also because I would be able to use all my wheels with the adapter.

Don’t do that yet, it’s a downgrade and that’s a fact :wink:

Isn’t their podium qr supposed to be better?

SC2 is a superior product in term of quality and R&D I feel. I know people with the other mainstream DD wheels. I am happy with the SC2 but it just feels like I am forever tweaking the wheel settings.

why is my sc2 sport listed with that device id in acc :
Annotazione%202019-12-18%20220124
and not like this (as it should be) :
Annotazione%202019-12-18%20220226

What might have helped Fanatec DD alot is the possibility to put it in a ”V2.5 compatible” mode. Think this makes it more compatible with old/other titles.

I only play iracing so really dont care ATM but its not a good thing where this is heading…

Automobilista 2 is just around the corner and would love try that out. They had great FFB in the first title.

1 Like

I’m also contemplating a switch back to Fanatec due to the support it appears Fanatec are getting in the development community. It’s the VHS vs Beta Max story between these two. Let’s hope Simucube can better establish themselves with sim developers. Also I’m hoping some wheel makers adopt the SC2 wireless. It’s very limited currently.

I’m just watching Aris live streaming now. Guess which servo he is using…

ArisDrives

These recent game updates seem to be more focused and optimised for particular wheelbases because they managed to get them into the developers hands. That’s my assumption.

osw-simucube1 gen is on the market since some years now…i really doubt the situation will change.

i think that too, but i am thinking what is preventing this collaboration between granite and sim devs.

They seems to be trying to move away from garage nerd sim racers and more mainstream. I’ll give them some time.

I don’t think it’s a lack of effort from GD. It seems like they tried to collaborate with the game developers if you take Sector 3 for example.

Maybe the developers haven’t shown so much interest because they may feel that the sales of the SC2 won’t be high enough compared to the amount of effort needed to optimise?

Obviously, I have no inside knowledge of how these situations work so it’s all speculation on my part.

It does feel like we are quite low on the list of priorities at the moment.

1 Like

@Boska mentioned AMS2, in fact I was thinking it will be the last title for which I will wait and see if it will be playable on sc2, if not I will seriously consider to change.

2 Likes

All I have left now is rF2.

That’s supposed to be getting a big update to all cars tomorrow so if that gets busted too I’m officially retiring from sim racing :laughing:

2 Likes

Are you not on iRacing Paul?

Also and probably important not to forget that games produce the physics/ffb data and isn’t it up to the DD software to interpret? I know GD have spent and continue to spend a lot of time on their software.

How would game developers optimise ffb data further?

No, Simon. That’s the one game I’ve never tried.

Might have to finally give in and have a trial run with the way things are going lately. From what I’ve read and heard, it isn’t the greatest in terms of ffb feel but it seems to be consistent in that it doesn’t get broken with updates.

Good time to try now, 50% off for new members and as of today you can drive the base content MX5 against AI (AI is still in Beta). That car is also on the new tyre model and feels great :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for those tips. I’ll admit I’m tempted for the first time and I never thought I’d say that :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Check this video, around 12min in about Raceroom.
He compares his SC2 Ultimate with DD2…

Gave up trying to get the Ultimate to work, DD2 felt amazing…

2 Likes