Assetto Corsa Competizione and Simucube 2

Are you using new DI Damper by any chance? Long shot but this is one of the FFB things that changed.
Can you try with these settings and see if there is any improvement at all?

Thanks! I had “Damper” set to 0 in ACC, but did have the DI Damping, Friction and Spring sliders at 100% in TD. All of my other settings were very close to yours. Unfortunately changing the DI sliders to 0% in TD didn’t help at all…

On last thing, check if you have any pending Windows updates, OS usually starts acting funky with devices misbehaving in this situation.
Also Is Nahimic service disabled, it can cause some spiky CPU load.

There was one pending Windows update, no change after installing though. Prior to installing the Windows update, the only other change was updating Nvidia drivers earlier today.

I honestly don’t think it’s an SC or True Drive issue, nothing changed on my system between ACC 1.7.1X working flawlessly and 1.8.X being unusable. I was playing in a solo practice session on 1.7.1X, quit, installed 1.8 and 5 min later went back into a practice session with the exact same config and… broken!

Thanks for trying to help though!

Edit: Forgot to mention that Nahimic isn’t installed on my machine.

Sorry, saw that the other day, might be related to your issue
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/game-freezing-with-ffb-going-crazy-log-spam-with-wheel-matrix-nan-values.70225/

I tried it and it is working. I think you have to turn off the plugin when using another Sim

2 Likes

With no other changes to my setup, the newest TD version that was just released seems to have made a big improvement. I’m still getting occasional dips below 60 FPS that seem to be related to FFB/physics, but its far less frequent. It seems to happen on big kerb hits and when shifting for some reason.

I have tried your settings and they looks very good to me, but gain in game. I found it way too heavy, 25 it’s better for me. Can you drive properly with 100% in TD and 50% in game? :grimacing:

I have 100% in TD and now 55% in game. It’s all matter of individual’s strength and personal preferences, just adjust to where it’s comfortable for you. We are all different after all.

1 Like

Of course we are, but haven’t GT3 cars assisted steering wheel?

1 Like

I think we are trying to compensate for all other missing things like G-Forces, through the body vibration, etc. with higher steering forces as it’s essentially the only communication channel we have at our disposal. FFB also includes some SOTP effects that driver does not experience through the wheel IRL. So it’s all pretend realism after all.
As long as chosen gain helps you with immersion and “reading” the car properly, without beating you up, the actual NM doesn’t matter.

5 Likes

Is it normal to have some mild oscillation at mid to high speeds? I can also feel a little “rolling rumble” almost constantly in the SC2 motor itself.

My in-game damping is on enough to keep to keep a small oscillation from turning into a violent one (like Aris recently showed in his 1.8 stream linked here), but I am curious about the constant slight oscillation I am experiencing at mid to high speeds. Is this by design, or something I should be working to adjust out with my settings?

I have the same thing, nothing violent but the wheel will start to vibrate between my fingers and thumbs if I slightly relax my grip.

I found that adding inertia between 5 - 20 depending on the car choice settles things down for me.

I also find that ULLM set between 5 - 10 helps.

Experiment with those and see if that makes a difference for you.

1 Like

May be set new (DI) Damping to 0 and increase Dynamic damping. In general I think this twitchiness is the result of tire model changes when they are more eagerly track road irregularities, ruts.
My usual approach to oscillation problem is a bit of TD Damper and Friction (constantly operated, not DI) and if I need really a lot of it, a dash of ULL on the top.
Oh, set Road Effects to 0 if you haven’t yet, they are overkill on DD with new physics.

Thanks guys, I will check out Inertia and move around the ULMM as well (currently at 17%), to see if these help.

Below are my current settings, no Road Effects or new Damping in-game (i.e. both at 0%).

I don’t think SFR is really needed after update, but I haven’t used it before either.
Do you have that issue with these settings, if so, what car and setup.

Heya,
I last played on Wednesday when the v1.8 update was out. Was still on 2021.8 back then and have just upgraded to the latest True Drive Hotfix version.

Now in game the FFB was super weak compared to last week. :worried:

Is that because of the True Drive update or rather due to one of the ACC hotfixes meanwhile? :thinking:

it’s due to the update, I raised ffb gain as well after that

1 Like

Not hotfixes for sure, it’s almost the same as 1.7 may be 3-4% lower depending on a car with 2021.9.

I’ve been having the issue described in this thread since 1.8 (https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/first-launch-of-acc-no-ffb-close-reopen-ffb-works.70460/#post-1206101)

TL;DR I don’t have FFB the first time I launch the game, but if I close then re-open, FFB is fine.

Kunos is suggesting a temporary fix is to disable “Manufacturer Extras” in-game. Can anyone explain what leaving this “Enabled” does for SC2 users?