Assetto Corsa Competizione and Simucube 2

ok, I guess the issue is in this “improved ffb forces calculation”, whatever that means…

No problem on SC1. Great FFB, one of the best, Porsche 911 GT3R is fantastic. SimuCube 100%, in game ~35%, small Mige, Biss C.

1 Like

Does this only effect the new cars or all the cars?

For me, it effecting all of the cars. Some massively and others only very slightly.

For example, I won’t even bother to drive the Porsche if it can’t be fixed either at their end or mine.

The changes to the Audi are much more subtle. It’s not as good as it was before the update but still enjoyable.

Overall, it feels to me like they have brought the ffb feel closer to the original AC, where the cars have more of a feeling that they are floating over the tarmac instead of being pressed into it.

All subjective feelings of course and others may well think I’m talking total garbage :rofl:

1 Like

that’s exactly my same impression, ffb much closer to AC, but in a very bad way.
I am gonna do some tests now, but I have two questions :

• have you tried to run 2018 cars on the only track left from 2018, Zolder? asking because also tracks undergone some changes.
  • have you tried setting steering at max (1200) both ingame and TD?

anyway, if it can’t be fixed, they ruined the “perfect” ffb imho, totally thrown it away, and most likely for all the belt driven wheel owners who asked for a more AC similar feel.
also, if it stays like this, I will loose all interest in the title and its future dlcs and developments.

Guys, did you try to communicate this on AC support forum

If there is a problem, devs need to know about it first in order to fix.

I haven’t run anything on Zolder since the update but will give that a try.

I’ve always used 900 in game and TD but can give 1200 a try too. I thought 1080 was the maximum for ACC but will take a look.

I just ran the 2018 Huracan at Silverstone and it feels the same as pre update which is good.

I then ran the 2019 Huracan at Silverstone and it felt slightly different but I think that is because of the 2019 tarmac update for that circuit which makes it 2 seconds slower. Overall, it felt ok though, without that canned understeer effect taking over.

I need more time to go through the car and track combos but my feeling so far is…

Good:
Audi
Aston V8
Lambo

Bad:
Porsche
Aston V12

1 Like

just have an exchange with Aris on fb, he told me he finds it very strange because nothing has been modified in the sim core physics nor ffb wise, he is on DD2 and he feels no difference at all with ffb pre-update, just a little more abs feel when it kicks in and nothing more.

1 Like

I am running right now 19 Merc at 19 Silverstone, car very, very floaty…

Thanks Andrew.

I haven’t mentioned anything just yet because I haven’t seen anybody else really complaining about it. There’s a general consensus that the ffb is lighter but most are turning up the gain and then feeling satisfied.

SC1 users and even SC2 Ultimate users seem happy so maybe it’s just @SuperMonaco_GP and myself that are going crazy lol

1 Like

That explains. :slight_smile:

Surprised though he says there are no changes as release notes indicate slew of FFB related changes.

1 Like

@Andrew_WOT what are your TD and ingame settings? by the way I am on Sport

To be honest I’ve never liked ACC FFB much, plus it’s dog’s poo in VR.
Was about to reinstall it yesterday to try again, but then read yours and Paul’s comment and just killed download mid way.

I’d still give it a try mate. You’re on the SC1 at the moment if I’m not mistaken and it should be unchanged as far as I can tell.

I just asked Aris what “improved ffb force calculation” means, he said it just refers to some small tweaks to vertical loads and kerbs / abs vibrations, nothing more.

1 Like

It’s the understeer effect thats killing it for me since the update. There’s no gradual loss of front grip like there was before.

As soon as there is any understeer, it feels like the motor locks into low torque mode and once grip is regained, high torque mode is re enabled.

I know that isn’t what’s really happening but that’s the best way I can describe it.

Is nobody else in this thread feeling this apart from the two of us?

1 Like

has maybe changed the way dynamic damping worls. because of those “small tweaks” ? I guess that was an important part of the pre-update feel

I did try messing with the dynamic damping in game.

It was always on 100 but I tried 100 and 0 after the update and couldn’t feel any difference to be honest.

1 Like

I can’t see Kunos changing anything much just for two guys :slightly_smiling_face:

On both RD and the ACC forum the ffb is being complimented as being much improved overall.

Looks like I’m going back to rF2 for a while.

1 Like

I don’t have specific numbers but there is definetely a difference. But i tried numbers between 0 and 100 with some direct damping. Also i needed some damping to fix oscilations but that is for simucube1 , can’t say for simucube2. No inertia , with a bit of friction. Also tried gain 100 in game and lower simucube overall strength and felt better.

3 Likes