Assetto Corsa Competizione and Simucube 2

My apologies. Need to improve my reading skills :tired_face:

1 Like

anybody have some advice? steering is feeling like a rubber band :frowning: Iā€™m on Sport.
I am using those settings :
Ingame : 900dor, steering linearity 1, ffb gain 45, min force 0, dynamic damping 100, effects 20

after hours and hours of tweaking every different combination of settings, I must sadly admit that ACC is so far the worse sim on SC2, it feels much different than on OSW, on which it had - for me - the best ffb among any other sim.
I think there are some problems proper of the sim itself not being yet optimized for the new gen of dd wheels.
Or maybe there is a problem with the new tyre model of last update. 1.0.7, I donā€™t know.
Iā€™m gonna put it aside hoping someday someone will come up with some settings capable of replicate the wonderful osw feeling - or maybe a new update of ACC.

@SuperMonaco_GP Test with Damping 100% in DirectInput Effect Fine Tuningā€¦ :slight_smile:

already tried but no success, ACC still feels a lot different - read worse - than on osw. like I said, I think there is some sim-related issue with true drive settings implementation. really hope it can be solved by kunosā€¦
@Mika have you tried ACC with SC2? do you think it is different than on osw?

ACC v 1.0.8 is out today, found this in changelog :

does it mean we should be able to benefit from a higher freq ffb than before if selecting 0 = 333hz ?

Most likely the update is still too new and nobody has tried it yet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey guys!

Yesterday Iā€™ve made really nice master/rain profile for myself in ACC and wanted to share it here today but surprisingly, update came a long.

I wanted to replicate feeling that I had in my Mx5 on semislick tires during track days and races. It has power steering but gives me proper workout when pushed. I still struggle to find feel of front grip loss in ACC but I think this is due to how ffb works at the moment in this sim.

I was developing it from all filters at 0, with Lexus on Spa, in medium rain, on wet tires, ABS on 1, TC on 2, Map on 1.

That gave me twitchy and sensitive car to feel all changes in balance and weight transfer. After whole day I found myself in the evening doing whole tank of fuel without changing anything more so at this point I was finally satisfied. ACC ffb settings: GAIN=60, MIN FORCE=0, DYN DAMPING=100, ROAD=0 (even on 100 I donā€™t feel any difference).

Todayā€™s update changed feeling a bit. This are my findings:
Iā€™ve tried all 3 ā€œffb interval stepsā€ and on default (2=111Hz) I had a lot of weird, big and abrupt oscillations with yesterday settings. I think itā€™s to slow for Simucube 2 Pro.
On max steps setting (0=333Hz) there was too much fidelity, as like recon filter was on 0 or -2 settings from ā€œfastā€ in TD. Constant little noise but not from the road, very artificial and weird. Feeling was too exaggerated.
Finally I set on the ā€œmiddleā€ one (1=222Hz) and that is very nice middle-ground :slight_smile:

Now with this settings Iā€™m able to drive my Lexus on the edge of the limit and feel it ā€œdancing on the fingertipsā€. Difference from 1.07 to 1.08 in my opinion is that now I needed to lower ā€œgainā€ in ACC from 60 to 55. I still have some oscillations so maybe 50 will be better but I like that heavy feeling of grip which gives me muscle memory and consistency in long term and more damping kills feel of this edge for me.

Try them in similar conditions and tell me what you think :slight_smile:

Regards
Bazz :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Hi Guys,

Iā€™ve deleted controls.json file as that was suggestes on acc fb forum thread and after that I donā€™t feel any notchiness or noise with ffb at 333hz. It feels better, more detailes then lower values which is intended by Kunos.
So my previous findings are obsolete. You need to delete json file and let the game generate fresh one with default ffb max step setting at 0 (=333hz)

After that apply me new True Drive settings. At last Iā€™m able to fell grip washing off from front axle and that specific lightness when understeer kicks in. Try it on first 3 turns on Zolder. Me thinks itā€™s are really nice on 55 in game gain and 100 dynamic damping, rest on 0 (zero) :wink:

Cheers :sunglasses:
Bazz

2 Likes

I found the settings in this video fairly decent: https://youtu.be/JsHiCd5lujs

Does anyone know how to increase force while the car is stationary though? Or is that more a sim specific thing?

Currently when in the pits the wheel is very light

@airmikey These are the settings Iā€™ve been using most recently.

Todays massive 1.1 patch has some FFB updates.

• Improvements in FFB forces calculation.
  • Sand traps FFB enhancement.
  • Kerbs FFB enhancement.
  • FFB frequency option exposed in the Controls settings.

Complete patch notes:

2 Likes

Anybody else finding that you need to turn up the in game gain since todayā€™s update?

I had to raise it by 5-10 to get the pre update feeling back.

1 Like

me too mate, I used to run it at 60% on sport but now even at 100% I feel a super light ffbā€¦in fact I am trying reinstalling it from scratch.
anyway I read the update mention something about ffb in the changelog, so maybe the TD default profile should be modified? I used to run that and since yesterday it was really greatā€¦

1 Like

I think you are right and we will need to do some readjustments to the TD settings.

Turning the in-game gain up has got the power back to where it was before but the details donā€™t quite feel as good as they did.

Something else is slightly off but I canā€™t put my finger on it yet.

1 Like

driven a bit, I must say some cars feel better than others, but in general a lot of ffb details has been lost with this update ā€¦ like I said I was using the default TD profile before, now with the same profile no weight transfer feel at all, steer seems totally undampened, too slow reactions, a lot of metallic / robotic tyre feel even with 333hz, Porsche completely undrivable, steering wheel super light even with gain 100% ingame.
I waited months for the 1.1 update and it looks like I will have to wait againā€¦
TD masters, please help find some good profile once again.

1 Like

Completely agree with you. Before todays update, this was my favourite game for ffb feel but now something has gone wrong.

I tried the new Porsche at Zandvoort and itā€™s just horrible. Hollow, metallic feeling over the bumps and as soon as you turn the wheel more than 30 degrees, the understeer kicks in with a canned effect that feels as if you are put into low torque mode. Horrible car and track combo.

The only car that still feels somewhat realistic is the Audi.

I want the old ffb back :tired_face:

1 Like

are you on the Assetto Corsa forum? might ask for info about what have changed on ffb directly to the devsā€¦or I might consider ask a way to roll back to the previous build untill this is fixed

Yes, I am a member of the forum. Iā€™m going to take a look over there to see if I can find info or anyone else with the same issues.

Edit: I donā€™t see anyone complaining about the FFB so maybe the changes are effecting SC2 users more than others?

The only info listed in the changelog is:
- Improvements in FFB forces calculation.
- Sand traps FFB enhancement.
- Kerbs FFB enhancement

1 Like

I donā€™t even want to think Kunos has gone the ā€œRaceroom wayā€ adding canned effects to optimize the ffb on lower end wheels to please the most of consumersā€¦that would be just tragicā€¦

1 Like