Assetto Corsa Competizione and Simucube 2

Is the FFB strength low when using with VR?

If so, it’s most likely an issue with USB data-transfer limitations. If both the VR-HMD and SimuCube are using the same USB hub, the system may not be able to supply data efficiently.

Some possible solutions include:

• Try different USB ports / USB Root hubs

• DD-steering systems may work better with USB 2.0 ports / VR on USB 3.x or better

• Add a dedicated PCIe USB card to use for VR (Good Quality card recommended)

1 Like

Not sure if this will apply to you but here has been an issue with loss of FFB across many manufacturers bases since the 1.8 update. You could try a couple of suggestions from the devs to see if they can help you to stop losing FFB in the first place.

will try connecting dd to usb 2.0… thx!

There are MBs that still have those? :grinning:
Usually there are at least 2 USB controllers feeding set of ports, try to separate VR and DD to different ones.
Starting SteamVR before launching ACC might help too.

moving DD over to USB 2 didnt help … i am loosing ffb in 1/3 of startups in VR… didnt have enough tests after disabling man extras … first try went fine. Starting steamVr before ACC might be a solution … usually its first run is other way around … after exit and returning to acc it usually ok… its frustrating when i expect it will work and i enter public lobby w/o ffb …

Looks like eider starting steamVr first or disabling extras fixed the issue with ffb in Vr. thanks much for help!

2 Likes

What actually ACC “manufacturer extras” do for Simucube 2?

What I found with Google… fwiw ^^

‘This setting prevents those accidental shifts. Manufacturer Extras applies to the Logitech G923 (enabling the “TrueForce” technology) and some Fanatec wheels. Apparently there were some bugs that could cause the FFB to stop working properly on these wheels, so the option was added to turn these extra features off.’

I’ve seen scattered information about this setting about other brands. And one of them is “prevents the game from making any calls to external libraries from wheel manufacturers prevents the game from making any calls to external libraries from wheel manufacturers (Logitech, Thrustmaster, Fanatec).”

My question is exactly for SC2, is it doing something at all?

p.s. actually searching only in simucube forums found the answer here :slight_smile:

Hey, does anyone feel any difference in FFB with same car, same setup and same conditions? We were driving in RCI 10h and car feels very different compared to single and practice sessions, very loose and lifeless compared to firm and strong FFB.

I replicated the server time/temps/clouds etc offline to practice before taking over the car from my teammate, then in server the car was just awful, done my stints, closed the game for a few hours, done the practice again to see if it was firm or not which felt great and then the same feeling on server.

I can describe it like this: very strong and firm FFB which enables me to hold on to the car in every situation; I use less wheel input, rear feels connected to the track.

On server: FFB feels weaker and loose, I turn the wheel much more to get the car rotated, rear feels really disconnected and forces me to correct almost every input.

I have a Simucube 2 pro and a powerful PC, I can’t understand how that big difference can occur, any advice is appreciated, thx

1 Like

SC is doing what the game tells it to do. Most likely server has different conditions compared to your single session. Can’t recall any possible setting that could make the FFB change during the session other than track condition.

So ACC changes the track condition, temp etc. during 10 hours surely. Although I haven’t had any drastic changes, maybe as I haven’t driven such long races.

SC2 pro owner here. Since the new update ACC 1.8.12 I have worse FFB … it’s heavier and harsh. I am using the same TD profile as before.

In 1.8.11 I had 25% gain in game, now I have to lower it to about 20-21% in order to get the same overall strength, but anyway it’s very different. In 1.8.11 it was very noticeable when I loose grip, now I have difficulties finding the edge of grip. I cannot explain well, but it feels like some constant additinal force is always applied over the expected real force.
So far tried it only with m4 gt3, since this is the car I have been driving last months.

Anybody else noticed the change ?
Any advices what can I do?

p.s. Already tried removing from acc controls.json and redo my settings.

Yes, I’ve noticed the change for better in general and i had to increase the overall strength a little on TD. The edge of grip, i feel it very well, even better. Maybe you’ll notice the new cars physics (GTC) are different. I feel them with a different behavior, more difficult to drive. The TC seems to work more real than before. Try the new Porsche with a low TC value. Very fun!!
M4 GT3 physics have been changing during last updates, at least that’s my feeling. In the beginning it was very easy and fast to drive. Now it’s more critical. Anyway, I don’t like it, i have a very poor feeling, no exciting.
Greetings.

I tried some other cars and find the FFB good. So my problem is only with M4GT3, it seems generally changed and the problem is probably not in the ffb, but the car.

I wasn’t happy with the FFB of M4 Gt3 and tried many of the online profiles and the car felt like it was floating, very snappy for no reason, misinformative etc. IIRC ACC Real profile felt really good compared to others and the main difference was Reconstruction Filter was at 0. The issue was the profile felt really grainy and like 2 metal pieces was scrubbing on eachother. I fiddled with Damping and I managed to get rid of that feeling to an acceptable level. Give this a try and let me know what you think:

In game settings: gain at 35, damper at 50, dynamic damping 100 and all other effects at 0.

1 Like

Thanks,
Tired your settings. It’s a bit better, but still far from what it was before the ACC update.
I give up from M4GT3 - it’s totally broken, and feels like something is broken, and I dont believe it can be fixed with ffb settings.

I also use ACC Real and for me it works really good! Bmw as remeber was not so fun but other cars were really good.

so anybody feels acc ffb a lot more vague and dull after last update? there was something about ffb in the changelog. I feel like there is less dynamic range and it feels more compressed… I didn’t change anything ingame or in the td profile

1 Like

If 1.18.14 is what you mean then yeah something feels a bit different even though i use barebone settings in TD and in ACC 32% DP and 35% road effects and gain at 40%.

Last time ACC FFB has noticeably changed in 1.8.12.

I have made a post about in AC forums (requires account to access):
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/did-acc-get-robbed-of-ffb-dynamic-range-understeer-feel-in-1-8-12-update.71324/

The change essentialy reduced perceived dynamic range of FFB. Result is less range between peaks and lows in force in various stages of driving. Why and what exactly was changed under the hood was not shared with us.

In my subjective memory (as I haven’t done A to B tests with older than 1.8 versions) dynamic range of FFB is not noticeably worse than pre 1.8 levels, but more or less reduced activeness which was previously introduced with 1.8 physics update.

1 Like