Assetto Corsa Competizione and Simucube 2

I wasn’t happy with the FFB of M4 Gt3 and tried many of the online profiles and the car felt like it was floating, very snappy for no reason, misinformative etc. IIRC ACC Real profile felt really good compared to others and the main difference was Reconstruction Filter was at 0. The issue was the profile felt really grainy and like 2 metal pieces was scrubbing on eachother. I fiddled with Damping and I managed to get rid of that feeling to an acceptable level. Give this a try and let me know what you think:

In game settings: gain at 35, damper at 50, dynamic damping 100 and all other effects at 0.

1 Like

Thanks,
Tired your settings. It’s a bit better, but still far from what it was before the ACC update.
I give up from M4GT3 - it’s totally broken, and feels like something is broken, and I dont believe it can be fixed with ffb settings.

I also use ACC Real and for me it works really good! Bmw as remeber was not so fun but other cars were really good.

so anybody feels acc ffb a lot more vague and dull after last update? there was something about ffb in the changelog. I feel like there is less dynamic range and it feels more compressed… I didn’t change anything ingame or in the td profile

1 Like

If 1.18.14 is what you mean then yeah something feels a bit different even though i use barebone settings in TD and in ACC 32% DP and 35% road effects and gain at 40%.

Last time ACC FFB has noticeably changed in 1.8.12.

I have made a post about in AC forums (requires account to access):
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/did-acc-get-robbed-of-ffb-dynamic-range-understeer-feel-in-1-8-12-update.71324/

The change essentialy reduced perceived dynamic range of FFB. Result is less range between peaks and lows in force in various stages of driving. Why and what exactly was changed under the hood was not shared with us.

In my subjective memory (as I haven’t done A to B tests with older than 1.8 versions) dynamic range of FFB is not noticeably worse than pre 1.8 levels, but more or less reduced activeness which was previously introduced with 1.8 physics update.

1 Like

you could make your own inverted gamma curve in post processing ffb as in AC

Hello,
I have a question about direct input effects.
I know that ACC uses damping. This effect is normally supposed to be active only when the car is stopped, isn’t it?

I should not feel any difference while driving if I deactivate this effect?

Depends on your in game settings, if you set Damper there (not recommended) then it will be available even when driving.

I don’t use the damping in the game, only the one in true drive. The only one I use in the game is the dynamic damping, so no effect on that one?

Basically I use the Panky Profile in true drive, and I don’t know what happened but for a few months I’ve had a lot of trouble feeling the grip limit and being consistent. Today I tried to deactivate all the direct input effects and by magic I got a very good feeling again. I have the impression that there is a problem with the DI effects… and I wanted to make sure I didn’t lose something by deactivating them.
Thank you for this very quick answer :grin:

I have DI Effects zeroed out in TD for all sims, they might be problematic in some sims/situations.
Dynamic Damping (aka Gyro) is using Constant force, so it’s not DI Damper based.

Ok great, thanks for your answers.

Excellent! I had all but given up and then tried this setup. Thanks to all who were a part of this👍

1 Like

Just tried the Panky settings with all DI effects off. Definitely can feel the car more compared to the Dan Suzuki True Drive settings I was using before. But with these changes I did notice that my wheel oscillates now when I let go, do you get similar response?

Use Dynamic Damping (aka Gyro) in game and if this is still not enough TD constantly operating filters Damping and Friction.

yes, i started with pankys settings, i tuned it stepwise over time so,that nearly no/light oscillations (depends on car/setup) and never with kinda escalating tendencies
take some Force recon filter, add a gran of damping here, a pinch of friction there, e’voila bon appetit!

There’s a bug in ACC after taking car over if a user has FFB set up to his own value per car.

Press 8 numpad or 5 numpad by default and you will gain your FFB back after getting the car from other driver.

Are Pankys settings still the way to go for a base and tweak from there? Or is there any other recommendations? Thanks

still a good base imho, have fun with exploring filter settings!

Seems ACC races can be dangerous with wrong/too strong settings aswell:
Warning: scary!

https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/1311sc6/waring_acc_streamer_get_injured_after_a_car_hit/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button