Assetto Corsa Competizione and Simucube 2

it’s a 3 hours stream, off course I don’t remember when he says that, but there you go

1 Like

@2:55:56
In response to

I think all Aris said “I don’t know, all I know Gergo did Simucube 2 presets, that’s all, that’s it”
Hope Gergo doesn’t mind pinging him here @pankykapus

Thanks for the link btw, great stream, lots of interesting stuff.

It’s actually only FFB. “Optimizations” would be a strong word, it’s very simple really, 100% dynamic damper, the rest at 0 and gain to match the power of the motor.

I’m finding the default True Drive ACC preset massively overfiltered though, I’ll talk to Mika about adding another one.

I know I’m biased and all, but the wheel feels beautiful in ACC, every nuance can be felt perfectly.

5 Likes

yep, agree on that, that’s why I’m now using the profile I posted above, with just a little friction filter and direct input damping, it feels absolutely glorious with those settings.

Noted. That default ACC profile was made when the ACC was still very early in early access last year, and we haven’t touched it since. However, the whole profile management system is getting an overhaul, and I’m unsure if we are going to add more template profiles yet.

6 Likes

For reference, here is my TD profile, in the end the reconstruction filter is what I’ve been using mostly, had it at 3 for a while but settled at 5 as this is where it’s completely buzz-free even on high-caster setups.
The ingame profile was set up with these settings (even though it’s really not different from the OSW Argon preset at all apart from the adjusted gain level, like I mentioned earlier on these forums, there is no wheel-specific code in ACC apart from the respective manufacturers’ SDKs).

4 Likes

Does ACC use DI Friction Effect?

For buzz, try Ultra Low Latency at 5%, you might be able to drop Recon back to 3.

I believe the only DI effect AC/ACC uses is the DI damping but only when the car is stationary.

I thought that too, I was just asking because your screenshot also had Friction DI set to 0.
Thanks for confirmation.
ACC FFB and physics are a pure bliss btw, really make SC2 shine, your team should be very proud.

:love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Hi guys,

I’m new to this. Please, help me if possible. I tried many of the settings you guys suggest here, but with high torque enabled, the wheel is too heavy. What can I do? Should I play without high torque? I have a SC2 Pro. Thank you!

Yes, play with high torque enabled, but lower the force, overall strenght in True Drive or in game(or both) after own liking. Try 50% as a start in TD.
I dont play ACC myself but in many games there is a FFB meter that shows possible FFB clipping, and u dont want that.

Example on this setup, 63% in TD and 90% in game,

3 Likes

It’s pretty much universally recommended to leave Road Effects at 0% for DD wheels, but I was quite amazed by how much more alive FFB become after dialing in as little at 10%, esp on GT4 cars.
Can’t stop smiling driving KTM now.
FFB doesn’t have to be boring and clinical. :v:

5 Likes

I’ve been adding road effects a little - and I think it helps with the sense of speed.

For sure it adds to the enjoyment.

So for some reason certain GT4 cars has very little to no feel in the steering? (ex. Mercedes, Aston)

Other cars like the KTM, Ginetta, Alpine I have no issues with.

Hello, has ACC’s default profile been edited or is it still the same as at the beginning? What settings do you currently have after the update? I have a Simucube 2 Sport. Thank you.

look at pankypapus post here above

Thanks. And the ingame settings?

dynamic damping 100%, no road effects and gain as you like

Just use SC2 profile and adjust Gain and Road Effect to your liking.

Thank you guys :blush:. I tried it.

1 Like