Assetto Corsa Competizione and Simucube 2

Hi Paul
Let me know if a new car is ok …If not maybe the track file is corrupted. Just guessing ?..Maybe delete the track and download again to make sure …Good luck
Regards Denis

1 Like

I have to take back what I said in my last post. It did turn out to be a corrupted setup file for the Bentley on that particular circuit.

Before deleting it I had to drive like this to go in a straight line :crazy_face:

All ok now. Thanks for the assistance, Dennis :clap:

3 Likes

What does Reconstruction do?

Seen a lot of profiles with force set to 100%, I’m assuming this is then adjusted in game to a lower setting?

The user guide explains reconstruction much better than I could:

This filter smooths out low update rate torque signal from the simulator to the maximum possible
rate while making the changes between simulator torque updates smooth. The filter predicts
torque behavior. Low filters values are reactive also when torque rate or direction changes
quickly, but some of the original notchyness from the low frequency remains in the signal. Higher
values are smoother, but the torque peaks might overshoot compared to the signal that the
simulator produces. This due to the predictive algorithm. Typically, in constant torque modes or
in typical driving conditions, there is no apparent lag, and the filter just makes the wheel feel more
rubbery towards the higher values.

With regards to the strength, I run 100% in TD and use a lower in game gain, somewhere around 40%. There’s no hard and fast rule though. You could do it the other way around if you chose to.

1 Like

There is User Guide, a must read for any SC2 user, covers basic things like your question, safety instruction etc.

I jumped the fence and finally got ACC for myself. On first impression I have to say the FFB is actually quite decent, after it was widely reported it’s hot garbage.

On the Benz AMG GT3 everything was smooth sailing, using a slightly modified AC profile. However, when I jumped into the Lambo in career mode I could always feel a very subtle force/vibration when going straight. It’s quite annoying, tbh.

Anyone experienced something similar and found a fix?

Edit: After twiddling with it a bit more, setting the torque bandwidth limit to 100Hz removes most of the vibration. It’s still, ever so slightly, there, though.

Check if this helps.

And drop these Road Effects to 0.

2 Likes

Thanks! You can see these vibrations in the little “FF” meter in the HUD. I dialed them out with setting RECON to 4 (which I usually avoid like the plague in other sims) and Torque Bandwidth Limit to 100Hz.

But playing a little more, I definitely noticed the missing feel for understeer. Otherwise FFB feels quite good.

Understeer is the weakest around. Check Aris video linked to this post for some plausible explanation

With the settings I posted above (16. Feb) I can feel understeer perfectly.
New tyres and old tyres give a less pronounced feedback, with grippy tyres at their peak the difference in FFB between grip-no grip is massive.
Of course a green or wet track give far less FFB effects than fast or optimum setting.

Overall the best FFB I had in the sims I played so far (R3E, AC).

Yes, you can feel it, but doesn’t make it the least pronounced around.
Accordingly to Aris, it’s closer to real thing. :man_shrugging:
Many disagree, but this is internet, opinions are everywhere.

2 Likes

I experienced the same thing on Silverstone with the Bentley, it’s probably normal on certain tracks/cars. Try Spa, which is a smooth track, with your previous setting and see if you still experience it.

hey guys I just want to share some info. After extensive testing with different cars, tracks, ingame gain ffb, dynamic damping etc. I came to conclusion why we have difficulties to understand what car is doing and when we can push the car even more. The thing is that Kunos decided to change the things how they want the cars to behave. When I usually test the car I want to feel the car properly and turn off traction control off and this is the key! When TC is on even by one step cars feel completly different, they have progressive feel of the tyres in the chichanes and when they are on load. I guess Kunos wanted the game to be more familiar and easy to pick up for everyone and decided to take this direction. Turn TC off and you are on ice if you oversteer even by little. I know first AC has different class of cars and ffb should be balanced towards all of them becouse there are older cars which dont have TC and they needed to build on that, here in ACC ffb was builded with TC on in every car which is shame in my opinion. But thats it, if you want to enjoy this sim even more put TC on.

General recommendation is to use Factory settings, AC or ACC, if TC comes as default on, it will be on.

1 Like

hi all from paris,

trust me guys, i really enjoyed my SC2 pro since i bought it in november. Fantastic software and hardware.

i ve been playing only ACC and i have to admit since few update especially 1.8, FFB + TD is the mess.

Im sorry but i feel a little bit abandoned by Granite Device.

Don’t get me wrong i have never driven a 720s at spa or zolder so im not the right guy to speak about car behaviour but I do expect granite to guide me to get not something I do like but something that feels real regarding TD setting.

The thing is:

“If you Ask 100 users for their preferred settings and you’ll get 100 different answers”

The default profil in TD is outdated. Lots of things just don’t make sense Recon at 8,2200Hz… Ultra low latency Mode seems to be rather for iracing because of the low Hz not ACC…

So many guys in that forum or on facebook are sharing their settings (thanks for that) but it is what they like not what that they should feel with your hardware.

I mean, the actual strength of SC2 is the abundance of tuning parameters but it allows users to have something so far that we should feel and maybe far from what granite team would like to share.

So, Granite could you please just update the Default profil for ACC with something that is the best for SC2 ? (including in game parameters because even with these settings users are not agree (speaking about road effect and dynamic dumping)

(the situation I describe is pretty the same for R3E with fresh update)

If someone tells us what feels the best for ACC right now… but then we are going to get 100 different answers again.

But I’m open to suggestions…

For Kunos Settings go to the Kunos Forum, pretty sure they recommend 100% dynamic damping and 0% road effects since this is a fake effect, if this changed pls correct me.

Default profiles are overrated, Learn the basics and tune to what you like, not 100 other internet randoms.

And dynamic damping is better at 0.

1 Like

ok mika but why dont you refresh at least the default profile with brend new updated values and that make sense for you guys, i mean from theory point of view.
you guys are the manufacturer, the designer of this product you should guide us :frowning: even if kunos is doing shit with FFB.
Don’t get me wrong i still support you, but i dont get why you are not focused on TD settings for games.

@Pierre, afraid your expectations are wrong.
They give you a tool, same as paint shop gives you a paint brush, what you create with this tool is up to you.
They are engineers, not hard core sim racers proficient in all possible sims on the market (Beano seems to be the biggest expert but doesn’t touch anything outside iRacing), but even if they were, FFB is always subjective, and chances that you’d like what they came up with are pretty slim.

Logitech, Thrustmaster, Fanatec, none of them ship the product with profiles for different games, it always has been individual sim community driven effort to find optimal for most settings, and usually it is the longest and most heated thread on the board as everyone has different perspective and understanding on how things should be done.

Yes, you can start with default profile, it’s usable, but to get the most out of the wheel for yourself, afraid there is no other way but to read documentation (whatever is available), and experiment. Listen to some seasoned regulars, here and on sim boards, don’t take all advises for granted, some like it rough and detailed, some like it smooth, it’s all personal.

The most important thing is to know when to stop and start enjoying your sim experience, instead of infinitely messing up with TD settings.

Good luck.

2 Likes