Assetto Corsa Competizione and Simucube 2

Come on now people, ā€œnot working properlyā€, really? Talking in such extreme terms is the best way of alienating any developer for good, because I can tell you that keeping this particular crowd happy based on numbers alone has 0 benefit, itā€™s purely down to sticking to principles of catering to a hardcore minority. And yes, if the maker of your choice of hardware cannot find its way to the developers, itā€™s not entirely the developerā€™s fault if thereā€™s no 24/7 support for it.

That said, in our case feedback has always found its way to us and just like now, we are spending development time to address it (and in my case free time because as I said before, itā€™s not my department whatsoever).

BTW on the Porsche in the meantime while weā€™re working on this, try going with a tad lower bump, fst bump and rebound, on my side applying the front damper values from the safe setup eliminates the buzz completely.

EDIT: edited the first paragraph to be understood as something general, not KS-specific

6 Likes

This discussion has brought forward many good points.

One of the main ones for me is the importance of getting units into the hands of the various devs teams.

I understand thatā€™s easy for me to say but much harder to do in reality, of course. I would imagine there arenā€™t many free units strewn all over the GD offices :slightly_smiling_face:

I would rather see any spare units that are being set aside go to the devs, rather than the boob-tube reviewers, as Phillip put it :grinning:

YouTube reviews are essential for initial exposure and sales but I think thereā€™s another aspect where users can gain over the long term when these units are being used and worked with by game Devs.

4 Likes

I love the SC2 for ACC. Spent the 1st week crying as it felt totally different to my old Accuforce setup but once I got my head around the fact the setups of each car can dramatically effect the FFB and what does what in the true drive software I absolutely love it. Arms and chest fell like Iā€™ve been to the gym every day for the last couple of months but well worth it

2 Likes

FYI, there is a new hotfix out with improvements. Aris btw will make a dedicated post about this but essentially what this is is vibrations from the suspension being transmitted, not ā€œwonky wheel supportā€.

Certain carsā€™ suspension geometry tend to transmit certain vibrations that together with the feedback from the road surface can cause this sort of unwanted effect in the wheel, but even if it persists, you should be able to mitigate this by softening certain suspension elements. 1 or 2 clicks of front damping already fixed it for me even before the hotfix.

9 Likes

@pankykapus your presence in this thread is a blessing. thank you very much :slight_smile:

And forwarding a message from Aristotelis from our forums, might clear up some things. :slight_smile:

Some circuits asphalts have more roughness than others, Spa for example (you go to Paul Ricard and thereā€™s none). This translates into the tyre flex, suspension flex, chassis flex and ends up in the steering wheel forces as vibrations of various frequencies, lengths etc. . Those forces and vibrations get send to the FFB Steering wheel motor. This is what you feel. Every steering wheel is different and translates those vibrations in a different frequency and force. Everyone of us is different and different vibrations and noises may or may not disturb us.

In reality, a big amount of joints and different materials in a real cars mechanics dampen down such vibrations and if itā€™s not, all it takes is a different piece of rubber somewhere and it is ā€œfixedā€. Sometimes drivers will also get a ā€œitā€™s ok, deal with itā€ answer and thatā€™s it.

In simracing you can either lower the gain or apply some kind of damping but both solutions are generic and might dampen down all the other vibrations that you like to feel. So I understand why some people might hear a vibrating noise or tiny ffb vibration in their normal, or even worse, high-end steering wheel and make it a big deal out of itā€¦ because it is a big deal for them and their investment.
*We tried to mitigate the problem and find a different and better compromise. There is no definitive solution but I believe thereā€™s improvement.
It is also not a bug, but a hint for you to know when youā€™re maybe exaggerating with front bump dampingā€¦ itā€™s not a bug, itā€™s a feature! LOL
Seriously though, try lowering front bump dampers and it should go away. Remember, the vibration is not really affecting badly the handling of the car, but it does affect your perception so itā€™s better to not have it, right?

7 Likes

I understand what you are saying. if it is down to what you say then why would the vibration / buzz be exactly the same when driving very slow or very fast surly it would change with speed .

Since hotfix update all things back to normal Porsche feels great .
Thanks to all concerned :grinning:

Well this was embarrassingā€¦

4 Likes

Got it sorted tho ā€¦

1 Like

That was a good test for SC2 resolving power.
If Podium did not show that vibration, it must be missing lots of details.
And thanks to Kunos team for a quick resolution, you guys are the best!
Now if you only start catering for the other minority that is using VRā€¦ :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I take back all my rants from the previous days, and I will go confess for have sinned in thinking about changing my sc2ā€¦lesson learned

8 Likes

if only we could have this kind of communication with all sims devsā€¦

Prety bad of the community that as soon as something not quiet right happens so many people instantly spit the dummy, this took what? 2 days to resolve?

How many posts crucified both GD and Kunos in that time?

3 Likes

The podium is quite heavy in damping, yes, I guess itā€™s deliberate to put them on the safe side in such situations.

2 Likes

Kunos desperately need SC2 in the office.
Like a recording studio you need high resolving headphones to produce the right mix.

May be GD can work out some deal with you.

And if not, update your Argon, I guarantee, you will smile more.

1 Like

Looks like you have tried to compensate extra road effects that should be just turned off with all that extra dampening and filtering.
But, everyone has own philosophy on how to make it work.

have you tried brake gamma at 1.00 ?

No, itā€™s old t500rs values. But it works fine, high pressure on pedal. Why you ask this?

because with your loadcell pedal getting it to be linear should feel better.