Assetto Corsa Competizione and Simucube 2

I tried those settings, felt really bad for me, much worse thank default ones on td…with all those effects, they might be good for belt or gear driven wheels, but really there is no reason to have them on dd wheels

1 Like

Again: This is why we need a upload/download settings database…

3 Likes

Upload/download profiles database is also something we’ve been thinking. Technically not as easy to set up as immediately have to think about spam / profile versioning / etc.

2 Likes

Like others people said, the AC settings from @Exact-Performance are exellent! It would be great if he could come back and bring us some superb settings for ACC

Personaly prefer what Esx Paul is using at the momment for ACC , it’s a few posts before this … try it and see what you think.

Exact-Performance posted few AC profiles with quite different settings.
This is his last contribution, is that what most people reference here?

Andrew, the reference for the settings I use were in this post

There are screen grabs 2 posts above the one I linked, albeit slightly different due to them being for the SC2 Ultimate.

2 Likes

Thanks Paul, is that what you are using now, including AC in game settings?
I think if you dial down to 0 most special effects in AC (I’d keep 10% slip) you could get away with lower Recon Filter and not as much dampening/friction/inertia.
Matter of taste but all these extra road effects add noise that needs to be compensated one way or another.

1 Like

It’s been a few months since I’ve played AC but I know my TD settings are the same. I’ve dialed back some of the in game effects.

Your advice does makes sense and I will do some back to back comparisons of the two approaches next time I play it.

Come to think about it, I don’t think I’ve fired AC up for at least 4 months or so due to ACC :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I’ve spent most of my time recently in ACC as well. Love all the improvements Kunos has made to this game since release.

I’m in SC1 so I translated his settings to SC1 and in AC they’re fantastic for me. Sadly, I can’t come close to the same front end feel on ACC whatsoever. As a “front end” driver, I need that.

I tried this setting already, its pretty good! When my car gets over the kerb, maybe there is frequent telemantary(?), it will cause TD force quit and restart automatically.

That’s really strange.

Maybe @Mika would have an idea on what could be causing this issue for you?

First time I had an issue with the game today. It’s a strange one and only seems to happen if I select Silverstone as the circuit.

When I start any session and move away from a standstill, the wheel needs to be turned approximately 180 degrees to the left in order to drive in a straight line. There is no pulling or anything like that but it’s as if the rotation of the real rim goes 180 out of sync from the in game wheel.

If I select a different circuit everything seems ok and lines up.

Feels like a game related bug to me rather than TD but I wanted to check if this has happened to anybody else?

Hi Paul

Just did a quick test at silverstone with the Bentley… no problem with the wheel …no out of sync
Maybe try another car?

1 Like

Thanks mate. I thought it might be a corrupted setup file and swapped to one of the presets. Still no luck with the Bentley so I’ll swap to another car.

1 Like

Hi Paul
Let me know if a new car is ok …If not maybe the track file is corrupted. Just guessing ?..Maybe delete the track and download again to make sure …Good luck
Regards Denis

1 Like

I have to take back what I said in my last post. It did turn out to be a corrupted setup file for the Bentley on that particular circuit.

Before deleting it I had to drive like this to go in a straight line :crazy_face:

All ok now. Thanks for the assistance, Dennis :clap:

3 Likes

What does Reconstruction do?

Seen a lot of profiles with force set to 100%, I’m assuming this is then adjusted in game to a lower setting?

The user guide explains reconstruction much better than I could:

This filter smooths out low update rate torque signal from the simulator to the maximum possible
rate while making the changes between simulator torque updates smooth. The filter predicts
torque behavior. Low filters values are reactive also when torque rate or direction changes
quickly, but some of the original notchyness from the low frequency remains in the signal. Higher
values are smoother, but the torque peaks might overshoot compared to the signal that the
simulator produces. This due to the predictive algorithm. Typically, in constant torque modes or
in typical driving conditions, there is no apparent lag, and the filter just makes the wheel feel more
rubbery towards the higher values.

With regards to the strength, I run 100% in TD and use a lower in game gain, somewhere around 40%. There’s no hard and fast rule though. You could do it the other way around if you chose to.

1 Like